New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

LOL i Agree, switching between recorded and scheduled is a pain. it was just a back button and select. now change a filter and save? from 2 clicks to 7 clicks. you can count them out yourself. include scrolling up and down the filter list as a click for every line you have to advance.  Gave me a break. also when you click on the show to see info. it gives you station letters but not actual channel?  before you had channel, station and time all the info you needed...  who Beta tested this? bosses son/daughter? anyhow i just started using this thing. im sure i will find more issues. I do like the new look. gives it a Netflix feel.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope Rogers does something about this hideous navigator. It is slow, we don't need the boxes to show what you're watching - the list was better and the channel numbers don't show anymore when you're confirming your taped show. Why did Rogers think this was a good idea.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello Community, 

Please be advised that if you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in the "UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016" thread here.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks @RogersHassam.  Is there anyone still on the July 28th firmware?  I would have thought that those people have all been updated by now.  You may also wish to add February to the title of the new thread.

I Plan to Stick Around

@the_Seed wrote:

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

I was thinking that if the Navigatr design team was half as diligent reading our posts as the forum police, we might actual get somewhere with our concerns.

I did read that they want us to post to the new thread for those of us lucky enough to only have this product inflicted on us over the last month or so (vs having to live with it for the last 6+).  How that one post is supposed to be found and known about amongst the hundreds here is just another indication of what is wrong with Rogers:  incompetence and ineffective communication.

I Plan to Stick Around

@scuddycat wrote:

@the_Seed wrote:

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

I was thinking that if the Navigatr design team was half as diligent reading our posts as the forum police, we might actual get somewhere with our concerns.

I did read that they want us to post to the new thread for those of us lucky enough to only have this product inflicted on us over the last month or so (vs having to live with it for the last 6+).  How that one post is supposed to be found and known about amongst the hundreds here is just another indication of what is wrong with Rogers:  incompetence and ineffective communication.

Unless they've resolved all of the issues with Navigatr version 0.1 or the current version, I agree that it should all fall under the original thread. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the exact reason you are wanting.. for someone to read it.

By putting all the issues in ONE thread.. for someone who can potentially make those sorts of changes, etc.. that collects ALL the things in one place.. rather than having to look at 100 different places.

(and i am sure if the moderators could do anything they would.. but moderators are just that.  They are not developers, etc.. they can not change the code themselves.)

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Brt, @Gdkitty, This "New Navigatr" thread is for the alpha version released July 2015. The "UPDATED" thread is for the beta version released January 2016 and was split off by the moderators, gathering all questions about the newer version. The alpha version still has a multitude of bugs that haven't been resolved, but with the haste that the beta version is being pushed out, they'll just be grandfathered into it and when everyone has been converted, there should only be one thread left. I doubt there's any work still being done on the alpha version so reporting bugs would be academic.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

With the updated Navigatr rollout now complete, I'm closing this thread and directing all posts to the updated Navigatr thread.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Please post your Navigatr questions and feedback in this thread.  Our Resident Experts and other users are here to share their tips and experiences. 

Thanks!