New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hi @OLDYELLR

The current remotes have a green "D" button, which apparently is for a weather app or something on the Nextboxes. It does nothing on my 8300. How many people actually use this? It might be a good one to reassign for CC.

The green weather buttonis used and is useful.  

Perhaps the FAV button could be sacrificed for a one click CC if needed.

E.g. the GUIDE button toggles to FAV when clicked a second time. 

Some don't use fav, and many of us who do also scan the guide as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in Ottawa and just got the new Navigator pushed to my box. What a monstrosity. What moron at Rogers thought this was better? Nothing is intuitive and nothing is easier. You used to be able to use the LIST button to switch between the recorded programs and the scheduled recordings. Now you have to enter the settings, change the filter option and hit save. Multiple button presses replacing one. That's easier? And how do all the cutesy pictures help in the recorded list? It's more cluttered and harder to move through. The old text list worked much better. And who thought the all gray theme for the guide was a good choice? Talk about ugly. And again everything takes up more space making it harder to use with less information shown. Maybe Rogers (or Cisco) should hire some programmers that are older than 22 and haven't spent their entire lives on social media web sites. It's clear none of them have ever used a PVR.

PLEASE Rogers give us the option to go back to the old guide.

I'm an Advisor

@doshag wrote:

I'm in Ottawa and just got the new Navigator pushed to my box. What a monstrosity. What moron at Rogers thought this was better? Nothing is intuitive and nothing is easier. You used to be able to use the LIST button to switch between the recorded programs and the scheduled recordings. Now you have to enter the settings, change the filter option and hit save. Multiple button presses replacing one. That's easier? And how do all the cutesy pictures help in the recorded list? It's more cluttered and harder to move through. The old text list worked much better. And who thought the all gray theme for the guide was a good choice? Talk about ugly. And again everything takes up more space making it harder to use with less information shown. Maybe Rogers (or Cisco) should hire some programmers that are older than 22 and haven't spent their entire lives on social media web sites. It's clear none of them have ever used a PVR.

PLEASE Rogers give us the option to go back to the old guide.

Excellent summary. Worth repeating.

Moral : If it ain't broke....

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Folks.

First time contributor.

I have been infected with Navigator as of a few days ago!

I live in Toronto and have an NB3 9865HD that I rent from Rogers. (I'm an ex-Bell customer too)

I have Basic Cable with HD, Intenet 100Mbs/s and Home Phone. (I don't know if they will allow talk about $$)

Navigatr hit me and and at first I thought it was a joke. Was it April 1st today?! I know it is so mild out there that I could easily get confused - hey I turned 50 just a few weeks ago so cut me some slack. But after labouring through this monstrosity for a few days I could not believe that this was that grand improvement flouted all over the place.

So, of course I came to the forums to find out what I could and, lo and behold, as I suspected look what I find, a forum stretching back to July 28, 2015 documenting in OVER 1000 posts, in absolute detail, all the woes associated with this abomination. Please forgive me for a short tangent but I would like to extend my thanks to all the numerous contributors who have tirelessly crusaded on our behalf's to make this right or at least tried. It looks like it is here to stay, with these awful tiles, lack of differentiation between recorded and scheduled recordings, the strange CC behavior between live and recorded shows, etc, because they released it like this on Toronto.

Now, I am not going to bore you all with a description of all problems - they are well documented. I do want to add my voice this astounding list of very angry customers. I don't pay Rogers so they can complicate my life! Now I pay more for a service that is inferior. Really Rogers - you are sending me a notice that you are increasing the price across major packages in the coming weeks and, then you unleash the most user-unfriendly, unintuitive, 10 clicks when 2 used to do, clunky, and slow Navigator and, insist with utmost impunity that this PVR and interface is better than what came before... I am absolutely INSULTED! If I had been one of those of you affected early on I think I would have been driven to do something Smiley Frustrated

I truly believe you guys figured out the WHY with the connection to the CISCO sale, that Spanish company that seems to be involved in the Interface, and of course Rogers. Kudos to those of you who dug into that. Awesome detective work.

So, what to actually do.

First, it is important to complain, rant, rave etc. as has been done. You have to actually take the time to complain to ROGERS - not your wife/hubby/friends/acquaintances. Rogers has to be put on notice that we are angry, frustrated customers. Unless you want to sit on hold for ever with tech support instead sit down and pen a letter (computer or by hand) and MAIL it to the Office of the President.

Second, If we are ignored, as seems the case here, we as customers have to talk with our money. There are so many other options out there. But, don't kid yourself. There is no Utopia out there. Every provider, every technological device available will have it's pro's and con's. But for me, I'm heading the route of streaming more and more shows and movies through my internet connection.

Enough venting and ranting. I wish everyone a good night and take care.

May the Navigator Circus Continue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I completely urge anyone who does not like it, to complain.

But make sure to complain in the right way.
You are free to be upset, angry, etc.  But the comlaint still needs to be civil.

Voice that you are very upset and frustated at it.
But you need to say more than just 'Rogers Sucks' or 'Give it back'
You need to voice specifically what you feel is wrong with it.  What features you dont like, what features are not working.

Give as much detail as possible.

Adding a name to the number of people who dont like it is great.
But having that same number, saying THIS specific feature is what we hate... is more likely to get it changed.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

If i was a betting man, I would say the latter

I'm a Senior Advisor

@the_Weed wrote:

I've gotten a number or email notifications this afternoon and they all point to "Not Found". Has the thread been closed or have people's posts been removed?

Posts are being constantly edited by moderators for content unaceptable to Rogers. You get notfications in threads you're following as soon as they're posted, but if Rogers edits or moves the post, your email link won't work. In my experence, most "edited" posts aren't even changed, but it does wreak havoc trying to follow a thread.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

You can hide all of the French channels through Settings. I would not be a customer if this wasn't possible.

I've Been Around

Be grateful if you have not yet been blessed with this poorly designed software. Thank goodness I still have my two Explorer PVRs on my other TV sets.