New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@park wrote:

Been travelling the past week.

I notice every TV and/or settopbox in every hotel has  CC button the remote which does what it says.

Rogers has a pleutera of bottoms on its remote, none are labelled CC. Rogers should also give us new remote.

The current remotes have a green "D" button, which apparently is for a weather app or something on the Nextboxes. It does nothing on my 8300. How many people actually use this? It might be a good one to reassign for CC.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

1) No - no lists
2) Good question. It appears to be related to recording from different channels and also to anything that it considered a single recording as opposed to a series. I have lots of them but daren't delete for fear even more of my scheduled stuff will fail to record.
3) Nothing about this thing is "easier" and "faster" only applies to the speed of an action .
4) Don't know about what programs you may have lost in the "upgrade" but pictures appear and disappear at will and often have nothing to do with the show in question. For every show with a useful picture you'll get others (Borgen is a good example) where the image is a picture of one of the stars and has no show identifier.
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with you. Rogers messed up this time

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sadly, rebooting is often pitched as the solution to a computer problem and while it sometimes clears the problem if the box was functional before the update and now the update has impacted it, then I fail to see how the box is the problem. New code doesn't work properly therefore it is a software issue not a hardware issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scuddycat wrote:

While many of the issues are lack of ease of use and functionality from the past incarnation, one bug I was experiencing is my settings screen is blank so I'm unable to make any changes there.

Some people have reported that nothing happens when they press the "Settings" button. If that applies to you, press "Menu" instead and you should see "Settings" as a submenu there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Scuddycat your 4 points encapsulate the problems and actions required perfectly. I hope the Office of the Pres has the wherewithal to look at this thread alone. 

I too asked to escalate. I don't get the sense anything will come of it. But something's extra weird about this. I don't think Rogers suddenly got stupider, but I can't for the life of me come up with a single good reason why (1) the rollout with all these problems continue; and (2) why they don't let us restore to the previous version. It seems that is only logical and a fairly quick, though temporary, solution. 

The rest is almost as weird... why wouldn't they properly test this with interested guinea pigs if only to work out the bugs, if not to find something that their customers would be happy with?

And their silence is deafening. As is their apparent refusal to admit that it's happening at all. I thought that Rogers was getting better and more competitive over time. But this is text book case study on how to screw up a product and your customer relations. 

Just dont get it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

... especially when dealing with accessibility for disabled!

I'm an Advisor

@Johnrc123 wrote:

The rest is almost as weird... why wouldn't they properly test this with interested guinea pigs if only to work out the bugs, if not to find something that their customers would be happy with?

They did accidentally test since last July when the initial launch failed and had toto be halted with no fallback plan, using unwilling conscripted guinea pigs in Mississauga, Wittby and a few other places. 

This thread started by @BS has 1600+ posts about that experience.  They fixed a few of the most glaring problems, ( but not CC). 

What thiis ongoing  Navigatr  fiiasco shows me is that TIIME ie past, present future is the most important dimension for a pvr.  After all it's a personal time-shifter.  Woe to anyone like Rogers/Espial that monkey around with that.

I Plan to Stick Around

Updates rolled out in Ottawa today. Only one of my three boxes were hit. How can I prevent the ones that were not hit from being hit?
I'm an Advisor

@Spiritwood wrote:
Updates rolled out in Ottawa today. Only one of my three boxes were hit. How can I prevent the ones that were not hit from being hit?

Hi interesting can u clarify?

Does Hit = downloaded new Navi??? 

R alll machines Nextboxes ?

Any disconnected from power plug around 2am ?