New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@neilpalmer400  Thanks for updating me with my error on the stats - further supports how you can confuse people with the message by just playing around with what you decide to selectively present. I represent your corrections with your feedback.  I stand corrected, but my point certainly still stands, and is even more clear about the deliberate manipulation of data presentation (violates all standard practice for presenting ratios of survey data)  You have to compare the same things if you are doing a comparison.

Got to give credit to their PR and stats team or consultant researcher, they do know how to spin it.

4 to 1 (agree versus strongly disagree) - so does that mean nobody strongly agrees since you felt it neccesary to present strongly disagree data, but not compare it to strongly agree.

Wonder how many don't care or disagree - I dare you Rogers, give us the real data, I may have to walk away humbled if it goes your way, but at least it would require you to come out and be honest with the results.  Ellen caught you on that when she emphasized that there are lots who hate it and have significant concerns with it and have been stuck being left to "gripe" for almost 6 months now.

“We asked folks who got the first rollout what they thought of the new guide versus the old one. The result was that by a margin of almost four to one (agree vs. strongly disagree), people said they thought Navigatr offered a better experience compared to the old guide. “

Thanks again @neilpalmer400, you caught my error and made the argument even stronger.

I have sent my summary of earlier to ellen to consider and ponder about those numbers.  I am sure she walked away with some confusion about that quote - maybe she deliberately put in there to point out just how much they seem to be leaning towards making the case of "we are great", and we have the best designed box for our network, so what are you complaining about. We listened to you and fixed a couple of things.

Oh by the way, I earned another badge for likes just now and have a total of 27 badges overall.  Not bad considering I have really only been talking about 5 topics of concern, all of which have not been fully resolved.

I am done with my rants for the day.  Will watch some recordings from last night with my wife when she gets home. Only have had one error - Quantico was marked as new, so it recorded - it was the season opener from the fall.  But blame that one on the lousy guide supplier they persist on using.

Good night, and enjoy your viewing experience as best as you can,  Bruce

I'm an Advisor

@stoneball wrote:

so i just got the jan 2016 roll out of navigator and find some serious inconvienances...

i liked it when i pressed guide or favs and got either guide or favs depending on the button AND when i pressed it again (either guide or favs) I got the  other one. in other words i could toggle to guide or favs by simply pressing a second time on the button.

now favs is the defaults in either guide or favs and to get to something else i have to go to C button and select filter channel option to get a 1 time choice of  subscribed. once i get back to the tv screen, guide shows subscribed. but if u dare go to favs again, then guide the guide screen redefaults to the fav from subscribed arrgh

I find toggling between Favs and the Full Guide is/was a great/useful feature.

I was giving the TV guide portion a passing grade, but Rogers seems intent on messing that up as well.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I was trying to be hopeful, but appears that some of the things we brought up were listened to and ignored.

New users, take a look at the earlier posts near the start of this thread and see what has been changed and what has not.  Let's see what they heard and fixed the way we asked, which they fixed in their own way, and what they completely ignored.  I wonder if Rogers knows that when one ignores legitimate concerns, they become angry and frustrated.

Any parent or teacher knows this one well.

But every parent or teacher knows that a child will stop eventually if you ignore it.  I don't like having behaviour modification principles applied to my legitimate concerns.  Call it for what it is.  Ignore us, and guess what, most of us don't stop.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree completely with Bruce.

It's such a sad thing to see such a rich company have no honour (and no soul)...

Nick-L-Oden.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

This mindset is by no means unique. Rogers does what it wants as do most companies. Customers should be the most important but they aren't. Profits and cutting costs are.

I Plan to Stick Around

Executive bonuses are based on profits and share price - not good customer service.

Agreed and Rogers is by no means unique here. Same as any of the banks in Canada caring about their customers or employees. Companies are driven by what they can get not what customers feel. Why else would there be Navigatr. Did any customers actually ask for this 'enhancement'?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe shareholders should start demanding some metrics on customer satisfaction to be reported.

There is one in the financial reports and that is number of reports and resolved issues reported to the CCTC and the number of issues going to the CCTC has fallen.

By definition, the way Rogers designed their model with the Ombudsman where others did not means that there are less cases going to CCTC.  It is not necessary to go the the Ombudsman unless you want to give Rogers one last chance, but since the only metric reported is the CCTC reports, the complaints don't make it to the financial reports.

In the long run, customer service metrics are important, because companies can completely miss a storm brewing and suddenly be in big financial trouble as customer service falls and people leave.

They seem to be spending a lot of time trying to address the competition, who gets what first, new features that make the television industry richer, as well as your own, temporarily as the tv industry will come out with the next best thing and you will always be behind, but the one thing they have control over is quality product and quality service.  Happy customers tell others and others follow and happy customers also don't complain to people and suggest that they don't come, or leave.

Customer retention is the foundation of success for every company - maybe they need to remember that.  But then again, does this kind of information ever make it to the senior people, or just it just really sit here as it is not an urgent issue like getting a service back on line, but it is important to the long term - concepts of urgent verus important from Stephen Covey.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

So why would profits increase in the face of poor customer service? Must be a lot of gullible customers out there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Not a ton of options especially when the big one is Bell. Also, Rogers has its hands in more than just cable tv service,