New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

I'm really not looking forward to Tuesday. The roll out is said to happen in London where my geriatric parents live. It took me a special visit and over 4 hours to explain the old PVR and its functions. Plus numerous additional phone calls afterward. God help me. I now understand why Elvis shot his TV.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Scraps,

Again this morning I made the mistake of NOT taking my blood pressure before checking this forum and thinking of Rogers.  In the red zone again. 

Remember the old SCTV show, the opening credits where all the TV's were being thrown out of the apartment building onto the ground?  They were Rogers Cable customers who'd just had a glimpse of the future.

I'm Here A Lot

As mentioned upthread, I've been without cable  to my Nextbox since the upgrade last Tuesday.  Have been in contact with Rogers everyday.  Yesterday, Rogers sent an automated message stating that they are working on the problem, be patient.  They say it's impossible to revert back to the old guide.  Yesterday, the tech said it wasn't a Navigator problem.  WTH?  I have no problem with the internet, phones, old digital box.  My Nextbox was in perfect working order until the upgrade.  So I guess it's just a coincidence. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Search functionality in new Navigatr

Someone asked in one of the other topics if the search functionality is still available with the new Navigatr

Please note that I will refrain from all comments about the NavigatR that refect my value judgement, and limit my comments to simple reporting of behaviour.

Yes, the search button exist - but its functionality and capabilities are reduced comparing to the old Guide:

To name the few issues in that particular category:

• There is no options to filter results to TV or RogersOnDemand
  • When used in RogersOnDemand for TV shows - the view is not organized hierarchically by season/episode
  • When used in TV showings,  the list does not include all showings in all channels where it is available but just "selected ones".For example, searching for "The National" in my channel list shows the instance at channel 26 at 9 pm and the French "Le National" at 6pm on 613 but there is no mentioning the instance at 10 pm on channel 514 (which EXISTS in the Guide if I search manually where I KNOW I will find it!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Navigatr Wish List

I called the Rogers call centre to complain about the new interface and was told to post my issues to the Forum, because thats where management finds these things out. Even though there are some things to like about the new one, many functions have been removed.

So here goes (and these are not issues regarding my inability to use the current system - these are the top ten functionalities I wish to see returned to me as a paying customer:

1) list recorded and scheduled programs in a separate lists
2) allow me to sort these lists by alpha (permanently - navigatr switches back to date)
3) use a real list and not the folders/boxes - too cumbersome to get through
4) return the ability to list all programa currently recording
5) return ability to record what you are watching by one press of red button
6) when searching, let me see all the times a program is coming up - not just the next time
7) stop pushing "more like this" to the screen
😎 let me hide all unsubscribed channels at once
9) show the list of uncoming scheduled programs by date
10) replace red dot with "rec"

Thank you....

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Based on your wish list, I would surmise you want Navigatr cancelled and a return to the previous guide - which seems like the wish of most of us on here! The only question is whether or not Rogers is listening!

I Plan to Stick Around

Has the rollout been resumed after they halted it?  Just wondering if it's any better than what was first rolled out.  Someone posted earlier that they suspected that a beta (or alpha) version was deployed by accident.  That certainly sounds plausible.  If they are continuing with phase 2 this week, then it must have been an easy fix which makes the "accident" sound likely.

I'll be in the phase 2 rollout this week (if it happens as planned).  I just can't believe that Rogers would continue to roll out something that sounds so flawed, so I'm holding out hope that what happened was an error and the correct version will be much better.

signed, Mr. Optimistic Smiley Happy

I'm an Advisor

Sorry to  disappoint but:

If they roll-it-out, Rogers will treat all customers equally, so you will get the same service we got.

But this time they can't claim they did not know it was bad. 

BTW: If Rogers could fix the any of the problems quickly, they would have already done so

(assuming they have a a solid QA/verification process (other than us guinea pigs)).

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree!   At the very least Rogers should give us the option of sticking with the other version rather than forcing the awful Navigatr guide on us!

I Plan to Stick Around

I 2nd all of User2014's post. Especially x1000 the schedule & recordings being separate.