New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

So, it's actually been fixed for you @DCBW? I'm shocked, but happy for you!

I'm Here A Lot

Other than the recordings were erased again but I knew that was going to happen.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good to hear the first step went well. Have you had a chance to go through all the known bugs you have identified and see what is still left.  Keep us up to date.

Maybe now the forum can become, identifying issues of the next rollout and steps that are very awkward and would make sense to change. I am ok with "getting used to change", as long as the change makes sense, does make our video experience more efficient and faster and provides new features, without detrimentally impacting key features that have been present since 2012.  Do we really have to recreate the wheel all the time, although that anology doesn't hold well anymore, they have been recreating the wheel regularly to make it more airodymamic, look better, lighter, as well as changing the shape and components of tires to provide for improved stopping and turning. But the basic structure of the wheel remains - they keep it round, they keep it bolted to an axle of break set, they keep the rim design so the tire beads into the wheel.

So, don't throw out the strengths just to go for improvements.  Keep what works, improve it where it makes sense, and add features that don't compromise the basic well designed and well known features of the device.

I think that we need to start a new thread - Navigatr rollout - Nextbox two factory resets - that way those users know exactly where to look and comment on how it goes.

A thread to summarize what may be coming - like the link provided by Ellen Roseman - could start this thread, and put in one place what you may be rolling out, the changes, step by steps in advance of rollout, and expected rollout dates for box types and locations.

The next thread could be Navigatr rollout version 2 - This would be the rollout with the bug fixes, and possibly some of the recommended changes that will roll out to both box versions.

And just a suggestion - I am guilty of it two - we have all legitimately ended up venting about all of our unsuccessful attempts at working with the various levels of Rogers and we begin to lose the ability to see the technical issues that are outstanding, or they are working on, and get lost in our legitimate frustration with all the issues, and the absence of clear feedback and acknowledgement of accountability and maybe call it a new thread named - concerns with getting resolution from Rogers or something like that - may have to make it specific to each service too.

Just a suggestion to make it easier for us to all follow what is going on.  I think we now have about 6 threads running on the navigator (Cisco's official name in the past), now Navigtr and its related functions.

We keeping pushing forward. If we don't feel listened too, we keep coming back, and then begin to keep coming back through other forums.

Another suggestion too - if you have posted here, and are not satisfied, and you have been PM'd through community helps and that didn't help, then I feel it is legitimate to then move to the online report a concern or compliment (you choose Smiley Happy ), and if you don't hear from anyone in a few days, then move to chat or phone, but go directly to loyalty, customer relations, or escalate to office of president, then to ombudsman and/or CRTC, or even Ellen Roseman.  We have lots of ways we can escalate, but what I have learned here is that never again am I going to keep repeating my story over and over again.  I will refer them to the documentation which I make staff read back to me and edit based upon my feedback, then keep moving forward with the rights we have as customers and the escalation processes that we have.

Carry on,  Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@lensman wrote:

@park wrote: "Curious if Rogers offers higher comps for newer customers as 20+ year ones are less likely to leave ?"

Hhm, good question. Or do they reward loyal customers more? Hard to say, and I'm not sure even Rogers knows  🙂

Long time customers are probably too set in their ways to jump ship and lose their bundle discounts and grandfathered stuff.  Smiley Frustrated

Don't bet on that.  Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

One more odd quirk - I was watching a show and then had to run out - so decided to record it. In past, I would have just clicked record - done - one click.

Now I have to bring up the menu or the banner (I have the banner turned off in settings), but you can use errors to bring it up. Now if you click record it works. Not intuitive and more steps than the past. And now that we have been advised how to find the current recordings, from the link in Ellen Roseman's article (I have not found that link anywhere else, even searching Support Help), I did find it near the bottom (not at the bottom), but near as it preceeds some future recordings that are at the bottom (if you want to see recordings for next week, you may find them at the very bottom, although this doesn't tell you if it is a series or a single recording, at least that I can see).  And yes I can click watch and go back to the start.  So yes I am learning, with FAQ's that didn't come until a few weeks later, appears to be known in response to the media, and yes I will learn, but that does not mean I will like it.

Yes, I can change, but timely FAQ's, step by step instructions, videos, go a long way, and the delay in these just confirms my belief that this whole implementation was rushed, and as a result prone to errors, and dumping change on users without providing adequate support on line, or to the staff on how to deal with our concerns, and how to guide us in learning.  A well implemented roll-out would have front line support staff having a description of every single feature set that was changed (these don't change by accident, they change by design, and documentation and support training is part of good implementation).  That way, we can learn and get used to change with support, not silence.

I hope moving forward with the balance of the implementation, that they will slow down and make sure that every change coming to us will be well documented, step by step and CSR's can direct us to tech support, or the forum's, and we can be guided step by step.  I don't think this is too much to ask for and will demonstrate a committment to learning from your errors.

And if changes are coming, don't just say that you are committed to improving our viewing experiences and stay in touch for improvements, and for sure, when you are dealing with a human rights and AODO issue like visual acuity, it is ok to say that we don't have that in the programming at this time, but do not include the statement at the end that we have done tons of work and people just have to learn.  That statement alone is in violation of many legal practices defined in those two acts, and under our constitution.

So let's keep moving forward.  I am hopeful.  Bruce

I will get used to it, but I don't like it.  Finding strange things on this box is kind of like a treasure hunt. We find some nice things, then just as we start to enjoy it, we find something strange and then we have to figure it out and then come here and ask if this is the way it should work.

Question to Rogers people, is the turning off of the record button and twice for series gone intentionally.  This is easier?

Bruce

@BS wrote:

Do we really have to recreate the wheel all the time, although that anology doesn't hold well anymore, they have been recreating the wheel regularly to make it more airodymamic, look better, lighter, as well as changing the shape and components of tires to provide for improved stopping and turning. But the basic structure of the wheel remains - they keep it round, they keep it bolted to an axle of break set, they keep the rim design so the tire beads into the wheel.

Rogers DID reinvent the wheel.  They chose a new square design. 

No wonder they're having trouble "rolling" it out.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@neilpalmer400  That was actually my unspoken point in the analogy.  Figured one of you would catch it and comment on it.  I have to have some fun with this, or I will blow up and completely lose it.

Yes, they did take a reasonably well functioning round wheel, put some bells and whistles in and while they were at it, they created either a very square wheel, or at least one with many bumps and warps.  Kind of like they hit a curb and never fixed it and wondered why the allignment was out, the ride is now pretty bumpy and dangerous, and the tires are wearing out every week, and now the vibrations are shaking every bolt in the car and other things are falling off.

Amazing how many nice friends and wonderfully intelligent people I have met in the last 5 weeks. It has been great therapy for me to learn to stay calm, and clear in my communication of my frustrations, and to build a new support network of people with common interests, which is something that people with mental health injuries/disorders, have so much difficulty developing and keeping.  A wonderful side effect of this whole mess.  Thanks everyone for helping me in my recovery.  Who would have thought it would come from this.  For many it would drive them to mental health disorders, or at least make them worse.

Bruce

Ooops completely missed the pun "rolling it out".  Good one. Wonder what it is like being connected to Rogers and being the brunt of so much frustration and jokes?  No answer required.  I know many of them love their jobs, and this is just part of it and not in their control.

I Plan to Stick Around

And here we all spinning our round wheels, while Rogers sits back and observes our behaviour.

Now maybe if Rogers had chosen a new user interface with round tiles...

@Hcoates wrote:
And here we all spinning our round wheels, while Rogers sits back and observes our behaviour.

Exactly.  We're the lab rats running around in our wheels in our little cages (unpaid Beta testers).