New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Did a search in DAILY, looking for the Daily show.

Tried to setup to record the first item found (BET ch 49 11:30 PM tonight, Jan 8.

It then told me I was going record a completely different program.

What gives ?

I'm an Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Oh its likely new, but its actually the Daily Show withTrevor NOAH.

@anyway its also listed on CTV @ 12:05, but not as a new program.

I've set my PRV to record all 4 versions, old and new.

Q: Any bets on whether anyone in Rogers cares enough to actually pick up on this ongoing mistake,

and fixes the the guide overnight for Tuesday, Wed, Thursday this week.

My bet is that will they continue as before, i.e do notihng , but let us know how hard they are they are working to improve our TV experience.  I hope I am wrong !

My Guide shows 12:05am Tuesday Channels 12/518 (CTVSH) The Daily Show With Trevor Noah

3:05am Tuesday Channel 581 (HCTVV) The Daily Show With Trevor Noah

I no longer get The Comedy Channel - as a protest against Rogers lousy cable service (in truth just lousy RTN software and their intent to infect their entire Ontario customer base with the Navigator  virus) I cut back to the Basic package (and dropped their Home Phone).

Did a check to see if anything is fixed for next week.

It even worse now!

@Search found trhe Jon Stewart version on BET, ch 49 tonight @ 11:30 PM

Great, Jon must be back on an new channel, on a new day..

But see what happens when you try to record it !

Further down the seach pile-of-tiles it did find the Trevor Noah version, a

dozen or so old ones on VOD and finally one on ch 114 CTV Atlantic at 11:05 next Monday.

@never did find tthe COMEDY NETWORK show next MOnday @ 11, though its listed in the NAVIguide.

Perhaps I should call into the OTP to get someone in Rogers to pay attention to this.,

cause the mods can't seem to get any action here !

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shan-man wrote:

I decided to launch Home Edition on my phone to have a look and guess what...drumroll...6 episodes of "Mr. Robot" are still being reported as being on my PVR.

This is typical of "AnyPlace".  It typically takes at least a day for deleted recordings to show up on (disappear from) the App or website Anyplace interface. It's been like this for years.  It's because Anyplace doesn't "sync" with the PVR instantaneously. Deleted recordings will typically be removed in a day or two.

In Anyplace you can often see that programme descriptions are different from what they are on the actual PVR too.  The two (Anyplace and the PVR) "exist" separately, but occasionally sync.  Scheduling recordings usually work and you'll get a confirmation when it's set.

Other than a couple of days at Christmas, I have been able to log into Anyplace every day since it was reintroduced to the website on September 9 (it may have been down for an hour here or there).  Of course they need to fix the App for people like me who "foolishly" upgraded to iOS9 as they promised to do.

Anyplace issues are typically the same for SARA, RTN and Navigatr.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kat6

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

What happens when you try to power the box using the remote?  After you schedule the recording what shows up in the guide?

RogersSannecia

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@shan-man wrote:

I decided to launch Home Edition on my phone to have a look and guess what...drumroll...6 episodes of "Mr. Robot" are still being reported as being on my PVR.

This is typical of "AnyPlace".  It typically takes at least a day for deleted recordings to show up on (disappear from) the App or website Anyplace interface. It's been like this for years.  It's because Anyplace doesn't "sync" with the PVR instantaneously. Deleted recordings will typically be removed in a day or two.

<snip>

Anyplace issues are typically the same for SARA, RTN and Navigatr.

When I checked yesterday using Manage PVR on the web with my SA8300HD, any changes I made on the web grid appeared on my PVR instantly and vice versa. It must not be a problem with SARA.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR  Do you mean the 8 or 10 year old SA 8300 box is working reliably and quickly and the New and Improved enhanced TV experience super duper Nextbox 3 is buggy and unreliable and hard to use?

I think I want to go back to TV before Rogers 'enhanced' my TV experience.

I think as soon as Rogers rolls out Navigatr to everybody in Ontario the prices for used SA 8300 boxes on Kijiji will DOUBLE!

I'm an Advisor

@billmcintyre wrote:

I think as soon as Rogers rolls out Navigatr to everybody in Ontario the prices for used SA 8300 boxes on Kijiji will DOUBLE!

@billmcintyre

That's an interesting point. My SA8300HD PVR is closing in on 12 years. I bought it when they came out in mid-2004. It cost $600 and it paid for itself in 2 years, as Rogers was charging $25 per month to rent one. I had to replace the original Maxtor 160GB hard drive because it failed after 10 years of use. I replaced it with a Western Digital 320GB drive and it's working perfectly. It really is a reliable box and SARA isn't being changed much these days, so I doubt we're going to get the equivalent of Navigatr. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I and my friend across the street lost the ability to power on our boxes (different ones) with our remotes months ago after an "upgrade".

@Kat6 wrote:
The guide marks the shows I have set up to record with red dots as it should. Both times I had 2 or 3 shows set to tape on the same channel one after the other. It tapes as 8+ hours of the first show.

I can't believe the programmers have been so incompetent as to reintroduce this old bug into the code.  I saw the same thing a year or two ago on an 8642 (Nextbox 2) but it was (EVENTUALLY) fixed.

By chance do you have a Nextbox 2 ?

As a workaround (which is REALLY annoying to have to say, that we as customers have to work around the many bugs in this lousy untested amateurish code) instead of recording two programs on the same channel one after the other, record the first program and extend the ending time long enough to cover the second recording.

Of course then the second recording won't show up in your pile of bathroom tiles, you'll have to remember it is on the end of the first program recording.