New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@OLDYELLR wrote:

So why would profits increase in the face of poor customer service? Must be a lot of gullible customers out there.

1) I'm not gullible and I don't think most other Rogers customers are either. The only real alternatives for most people are satelite and Bell. And Bell doesn't work at my property or I would seriously consider it. Satelite is just old tech and who wants to go backwards?

2) Bell is also a near monopoly and its customer service nearly as bad as Rogers so perhaps Rogers customers work on the basis of "better the devil ..." ?

The only real 100% legal option is to get an antenna for over-the-air broadcasts, add a _real_ PVR (Tivo would be my choice) and get the balance of your viewing fix from NetFlix, Hulu, whatever. I'm already meeting 50% + of my viewing needs via streaming services.

I'm an Advisor

Customer service ?

No amount of good customer service (and Rogers is quite good) can compensate for a bad product.

Most of the complaints/concerns on this board are about Product problems and secondarily Rogers inability and non-interest to remedy them.

One bad product/apple can and will spoil the whole experience/barrel.  Rogers does not seem to get that.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

The only real 100% legal option is to get an antenna for over-the-air broadcasts, add a _real_ PVR (Tivo would be my choice) and get the balance of your viewing fix from NetFlix, Hulu, whatever. I'm already meeting 50% + of my viewing needs via streaming services.

Yes, OTA is a good option and it's free if you're near a large metropolitan area and the U.S. border. But I guess we've been spoiled by Cable. I remember when I could only get a handfull of channels with an antenna and I was quite happy. Another alternatibe is an Android box, but the legality of what you can see is a grey area.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

I suspect a poorly negotiated agreement with the company that the development of this disaster as well as a generally bad UI design done by unqualified people is where the real problem lies. No rollback capabilty and just plain bad development processes including nothing but happy path testing are the 2 main issues along with UI behaviours designed by people who don't know their users gives us Navigatr. Microsoft did the same thing with Windows 8 when the Start button disappeared but they brought it back because users wanted it.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@JonBoy49 wrote:

... Another alternatibe is an Android box, but the legality of what you can see is a grey area.

Doesn't have to be Android device of course - I can do it on my Mac or on any PC. But I think the only really "grey" area is whether they bother to come after you. The law, it sems to me is fairly clear, and all of the custom Android-based boxes that I have seen are just allowing acess to proxies and to illegal streaming sites of the Pirate Bay variety.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hello all,

Although we appreciate all input and contributions to our Community Forums, it looks like we have gone a little off-topic. Just a friendly reminder that this thread is for Navigator related questions or concerns. 

If you'd like to discuss customer service or alternative methods of viewing shows and movies, please feel free to contribute to one of our existing threads on those topics. 

We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the Community Forums a pleasant and user friendly place to be. 

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

@stoneball
My experience with using the "subscribe" selection on the guide is that it works until I exit the guide. When I go back into the guide again, I once again have ALL channels......even though the selection shows it's still on SUBSCRIBED.

I'm interested to find out if your channels stay on subscribed at all times.
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand what u are saying, I have the same experience now that I check, guide says subscribed but I get all the channels. I can still toggle to favs though 

I Plan to Stick Around

OK, here's  a possible Navigator glitch I haven't heard mentioned before -- someone, and I wish I was able to find the original post, observed that if one hits the 'Page Up' button, one can jump ahead by three minutes. While that's not quite as useful as jumping ahead a shorter amount of time (say 30 second), in some instances it will help bypass at least part of the commercials in a recorded program. At last! A bright spot!

However, recently, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work on every recording. I don't have a large sample size, but I suspect it only works on Standard Definition recordings and not High Definition recordings -- still playing around with it. If that is the case, it's another weird design choice for Navigator"s turrible 'Bathroom' Interface (i.e. 'Tiled'). And just when I was getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about it.

Regards,

Mr. A 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mister_A
I use the page+ on all my recordings, both standard and HD. There are times when it doesn't work but there's no pattern......and thankfully it's infrequent. When I find the remote getting "funky", I reboot the box and then cross my fingers that I don't lose any recordings when it comes back on!