New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hi @Johnrc123

With Nvgtr you CAN'T turn CC on or off WHILE watching a recorded program.  You have to exit back to Live TV - turn it on or off - then go back to watching your recorded program.

What?  You don't LOVE Navigatr?  Come on - it's an ADVENTURE!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

An adventure of the sort where you're swimming through the swamps of Louisiana at night?

Thanks for your time billmcintyre. What do you suggest I do with this information? Pretty obvious that it's yet another design flaw.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I predict that the CC issues is one of the FIRST things Rogers will fix.  Mainly because to not do so will get them much heat from the gov agency that says they can't make life difficult for the disabled.

But you may be able to speed up this fix by calling tech support and reminding them about the issue.

But there are about 20 OTHER problems with this interface.

I Plan to Stick Around

With the new Navigatr, some of my series that are scheduled don't show the triple red circle in the guide and don't show up in my Scheduled Recordings and don't show up under the Recorded Tile as scheduled. When I go in and try to set up a series recording for these shows, I'm told the schedule already exists, yet it still doesn't show on my Scheduled Recordings or Guide or under the Recorded Tile as scheduled. And I can't be sure the shows are being recorded.

Bug?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yup - and it is a bug that was in the alpha roll out from July and remains unfixed.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got Navigatr pushed to my PVR. Are the programs that are scheduled, but not showing, still recorded?

Thanks.

I'm an Advisor

@billmcintyre wrote:

I predict that the CC issues is one of the FIRST things Rogers will fix.  Mainly because to not do so will get them much heat from the gov agency that says they can't make life difficult for the disabled.

But you may be able to speed up this fix by calling tech support and reminding them about the issue.

But there are about 20 OTHER problems with this interface.

Been travelling the past week.

I notice every TV and/or settopbox in every hotel has  CC button the remote which does what it says.

Rogers has a pleutera of bottoms on its remote, none are labelled CC. Rogers should also give us new remote.

Also noticed most TV guides insert a long skinny graphic or pic of an on demand movie every few channels as one scrolls through. Far more annoying than Rogers random tiles for on demand movies after a search.  They missed that one, so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, if the CRTC called them on the carpet for cutting off the ending of Letterman's finale one would think they'd be all over something like this. In fact the ridiculously small fonts problems do nothing for those with vision disabilities either. So how are these things not yet fixed after all this time and still forced on an increasing number of people? 

I dont see see how calling tech support will help. They have to already be aware, yet I was told he hadn't really heard much about it. That can be explained a few ways none of which are good. In any event, tech said he'd "pass these along". 

I Plan to Stick Around

@the_Weed wrote:

I just got Navigatr pushed to my PVR. Are the programs that are scheduled, but not showing, still recorded?

Thanks.

I've had this mess since July and have had the issue you're referring to (i.e. can't program to record because it says it's already scheduled to record, yet not showing up on any list).  It will not record the show if it's not on a tile somewhere.  It only happens every once and a while, but when it does I revert to programming it to record on a different channel or time shift.  Pain in the butt for sure.  I have an ongoing ticket with Rogers about it...since July...not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

K, I'm just never going to make it through 166 pages in this thread alone to see if these other issues have been resolved so can anyone tell me....

•  Is there a way to get back to a 'List View' of titles as opposed to these wastefully large thumbnail graphics/tiles? No Page Up/Down, or wrap-around scrolling to mitigate for now? (MIcrosoft CEO dumped partially over the Win8 tile debacle... anyone paying attention?)

• why do we have duplicates of these wastefully large graphic tiles? One series shows a row of 7 of the same graphic for separate episodes, and one of those contains 3 episodes(!). I presume the latter is a 'folder' and that I'm supposed to know that?

• If the above means episodes were recorded on different channels, I can't see that. Is the channel recorded on listed somewhere like it was before?

• A while ago Rogers introduced a GREAT feature to Select All (episodes in a folder) while still able to deselect individually (yellow button). Please tell me they haven't removed that functionality. This and the fact that what were once 1 or 2 clicks away, like CC and Watch Live, seem to now be buried in more menus and sub menus makes me wonder how we can be told Navigatr makes things "faster" and "easier". I will not be easily hypnotized. 

• Half of these wastefully large tiles have no graphic, and no content. Only the title on black. Please don't tell me these were deleted in Rogers 'upgrade'. Entire unwatched series gone???

I did see others mention the overall pain trying to read horribly small fonts, or small fonts on low contrast, unintuitive menu navigation, etc. which are all unfortunately inherently part of the overall design. Wow. Such a long way to go. And to think I used to complain about eyeball-searing red on black. Please bring back the eyeball-searing. I promise to be good.