New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

I have a nextbox 2 and no Navigatr.

I don't know if this will help but if you are looking for a TV show "On Demand" I have found the easiest way is to press the On Demand button, toggle tothe  TV  tile and select the network that shows the program.  An example would be Mike and Molly on CTV.  Channel 100 - Click TV tile,  select CTV and it list all the shows it has available on demand in alphabetical order.  When I click on Mike and Molly the recent shows are there listed newest first.   If you are looking for future live showings this doesn't work.

@Gdkitty wrote:

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

Looks like at the bottom of this page (in yellow)

They are STOPING the roll out, till they can get the NB2 issues resolved.

@Gdkitty do you know if the roll-out has resumed?  I still don't have it here.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So the extensive testing that was done failed to consider any backwards compatibility?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @rgottinger,

@rgottinger wrote:

So the extensive testing that was done failed to consider any backwards compatibility?

I believe you mean 'So, the extensive testing that *would* have been done if this were an actual professional software development project...'

Understandable misunderstanding. From the looks of things, they didn't consider *forward* compatibility either. However, they *did* consider Windows 8 Tile Interface compatibility.

Regards,

Mr. A

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes that is what i meant. Then again this 'professional' software development firm would know about usuablity as well

I've Been Around

Go to your recording and rather than hitting ok/select, press down to get the option to watch - your recording will start from the beginning.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Spoiler
The one ferature I would really like is to not have to scroll through all of the channels I don't subscribe to and only see the ones I do subscribe to. They're greyed out on the display, it should be a trivial software fix to just make them disappear. I am never going to watch a french language or sports channel so why do I have to have them clutter up my guide?

You can hide the channels you can't watch or don't want to watch.  It's under Settings, Channel Setup.

You can hide all channels EXCEPT On Demand.

Peter
Toronto
I Plan to Stick Around

@skuleman You can do that, just press guide then filters choose subscribed and save it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone advise how to turn on/off Closed Captioning while watching a recorded program?

Horrible to have had this nightmare of a 'user interface' dumped on us. Unequivocally a textbook definition of how not to design a UI. As insult to injury, calling tech support with a list of problems and questions, we're told they "haven't really heard much about it". Hard to believe Rogers is somehow unaware of 166 pages in this forum thread alone. 

We were feeling pretty good about switching over from Bell. This could drive us to digital antennas.