New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

I was just informed by voicemail and email that I was going to be upgraded to Navigr. What can I expect to happen and when.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You go to sleep with the old guide, you wake up with the new one.

Hopefully, all goes well.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The downgrade to Navigatr unfortunately seems to involve many PVRs going to sleep and not waking up in the morning. At least they probably die peacefully in their sleep and never feel the pain that Navigatr users are feeling.

@headhoncho
As for your comment mentioning Rogers seems to think Navigatr is the best thing since sliced bread, I think a more accurate comparison would be to a yeast infection.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

anyone else having an issue where if the digital box has been off overnight it will not turn back on in the morning? everytime i want to watch tv now i have to unplug the digital box, plug it back in, and wait about 10 minutes for the system to boot back up. ridiculous. old system wasnt broke so rogers decides to 'fix' it. at what point do we organize every rogers customer to leave and go to bell all at the same time?

I'm a Senior Contributor

beeray87 wrote:

anyone else having an issue where if the digital box has been off overnight it will not turn back on in the morning? everytime i want to watch tv now i have to unplug the digital box, plug it back in, and wait about 10 minutes for the system to boot back up. ridiculous. old system wasnt broke so rogers decides to 'fix' it. at what point do we organize every rogers customer to leave and go to bell all at the same time?

One problem: Bell would be OVERFLOWED. (Would have to be sequential).

BUT I feel a responsibility to do so because *they* are in TRULY dangerous denial and a mass exodus could eventually save *them* from total extinction.

No I have had every other issue besides the power one - IMO this is due to bad SOFTWARE (I guess like a BIOS flash gone really bad) to the point of destroying the CHALLANGED Hardware.

(Assuming these BOXES are (at least based on) computers...)

People keep saying how it is A SOFTWARE issue and not the HARDWARE but EXTREMELY BAD code can DESTROY hardware....

Thank you

@jbulach wrote:

I was just informed by voicemail and email that I was going to be upgraded to Navigr. What can I expect to happen and when.

I was - 2 days ago and nothing's happened, yet.

Peter
Toronto
I've Been Here Awhile

well i have not got the new Navigator yet and i see you got it back in 2015 july so wud u know anything ty and good luck lol
I've Been Here Awhile

that's good as i here it is a nightmare lol i have not gotten yet hopefully it will be better once i get it let me know if you get any info or updates on it ok TY
I've Been Here Awhile

me neither but i here they stopped the update till further notice till its resolved

@Gdkitty wrote:

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

Looks like at the bottom of this page (in yellow)

They are STOPING the roll out, till they can get the NB2 issues resolved.

I see nothing in yellow there.

Peter
Toronto