New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

From RogersMargaret:  (in message 1578)

"Update - 1/8/2016: To all users who have posted in this thread, we are cleaning up the language in this thread. Offensive language will be removed.  Please refer to the Community Guidelines and PM me if you have any questions."

Thank you Margaret.  All the off topic posts were starting to bother me - and the offensive language was beginning to offend me terribly.

We appreciate the attention of the moderators greatly.

Thank you for all your hard work.

PS:  You don't know anything about programming PVR interfaces, do you?  I think Rogers could use a little help in that department.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks to Neilpalmer400

As I wait for my box to reboot AGAIN, I would like to thank you for this suggestion it is more than I got from tech support. By the way my box just says Nextbox. It is the only box that has lasted over a year so I don't want to give it up (or lose all my recordings again)

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

I've started a new thread where everyone can discuss the UPDATED Navigatr rollout.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

So, if you received the updated software on/after December 15, 2015 and would like to ask a question, share your findings/learnings, please do so in the new thread.  

If you've recently posted about the updated software, don't worry - we'll move your post(s) for you to the new thread.

This current thread can be used for disucssion relating to the Navigator software that was rolled out in the summer.  

Thanks for keeping the Community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

I Plan to Stick Around

Right .... let's just draw a line under all this unpleasantness and move on.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@billmcintyre wrote:

From RogersMargaret:  (in message 1578)

"Update - 1/8/2016: To all users who have posted in this thread, we are cleaning up the language in this thread. Offensive language will be removed.  Please refer to the Community Guidelines and PM me if you have any questions."

Thank you Margaret.  All the off topic posts were starting to bother me - and the offensive language was beginning to offend me terribly.

We appreciate the attention of the moderators greatly.

Thank you for all your hard work.

PS:  You don't know anything about programming PVR interfaces, do you?  I think Rogers could use a little help in that department.

I'm not clear whom this was addressed to, but it's a bit comical.

Remember, back in the day of VCRs we had to "program" these for our non-tech-savvy parents? Even I wasn't at first sure how to "save" a scheduled recording until I found out you just had to turn the VCR off, and even then I was concerned that it might not record. And not all models of VCRs were the same. Later they came out with VCRs you could program by just punching in a long number you found in the TV Guide.  It looks like now we've come full circle and even tech-savvy people who are adept at using the Internet have trouble with the Navigatr UI.  But this time it's the fault of the programming and inadequate testing. It looks like the old geezers who designed the VCRs had a bit more on the ball than their modern day counterparts.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi Community,

I've started a new thread where everyone can discuss the UPDATED Navigatr rollout.  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

So, if you received the updated software on/after December 15, 2015 and would like to ask a question, share your findings/learnings, please do so in the new thread.  

If you've recently posted about the updated software, don't worry - we'll move your post(s) for you to the new thread.

This current thread can be used for disucssion relating to the Navigator software that was rolled out in the summer.  

~RogersMargaret

@RogersMargaret

Thank-you Margaret, glad to move on. 

I for one was was getting challenged of finding new ways to get some response/reaction from Rogers.  

But B 4 we move on, can you give us poor long-suffering JULY 28th victims, a schedule of when we will get to the pormised land and the new improved version.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Kat6 wrote:

thanks to Neilpalmer400

As I wait for my box to reboot AGAIN, I would like to thank you for this suggestion it is more than I got from tech support. By the way my box just says Nextbox. It is the only box that has lasted over a year so I don't want to give it up (or lose all my recordings again)

If it is 15.5" wide it's a Nextbox 2 (8642).

If it is 13" wide it's a Nextbox 3 (9865).

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi Community,

~RogersMargaret

Hello @RogersMargaret,

Will everyone on the current thread be automatically notified as new messages are posted on the new thread? If not then can you share the steps we need to follow to accomplish this?

As far as I'm concerened, this is all part of the same thread given the latest software update is in direct response to all of the problems reported in this thread. 

Thank you.
Brett

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @Brt,

Although users from this thread will not be automatically notified of posts in the new updated Navigatr thread, you can review our great "How To" article which teaches you how to subscribe to a thread so that you can receive automatic notifications and never miss another post again! Just click here to learn how to subscribe.

Hope that helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersGabrielle wrote:

Good Evening @Brt,

Although users from this thread will not be automatically notified of posts in the new updated Navigatr thread, you can review our great "How To" article which teaches you how to subscribe to a thread so that you can receive automatic notifications and never miss another post again! Just click here to learn how to subscribe.

Hope that helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Thanks for politely suggesting I RTFM but honestly the only reason I'm on this forum is due to the piece of garbage that Rogers has forced on me. I've spent dozens of hours already dealing with this nonsense and don't really have any more time to waste on Rogers. It would have been far easier for the moderators to leave the thread alone instead of finding new ways to waste our time and raise our blood pressure even higher.

As a side note, my current PVR has once again destablized to the point where I have little choice but to resort to a factory reset.

Could you imagine if Rogers or Espial were responsible for the software used in Air Traffic Control at a major airpoirt

Cheers,

Brett