New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hello @neilpalmer400

The message 'Return To My Previous Location" genuinely pops when the Lithium platform throws an error message. Most of the time, depending on the error; it can be fixed by clearing your cookies and cache.

When you make a Post, the message that normally pops is "Success! Click to go to your post." I'v been testing daily and cannot recreate this error.

If you receive this message again please screen shot it and feel free to PM me directly. I'd love to dig into this.

RogersDarrell

Just testing a POST of a Reply, then:

Note, not:

That DOES work, but if I'm reading posts several pages back from the end of the thread I don't want to go to my post, I want to go back to where I was, reading posts a few pages behind the end of the thread.  That doesn't work.  It takes you back here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes

I'm a Senior Advisor

@neilpalmer400 This is not on topic in this thread, but important enough that it bears answering. We need a new forum here to discuss flaws with how Community Forums works. I posted the suggestion in Ideabox. This forum has several bugs and shortcomings compared to all the other ones out there. The one annoying me most right now is not being able to return to the first (latest) page after pressing Message Listing. Sometimes it works, but half the time it takes you to some random old page from weeks ago that has no new messages.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mister_A You are right, in this one, I am way to kind and forgiving.  That was an active choice, under doctor's orders.  I have actually blocked myself for almost a week now - I have this nice little web blocker that says, Bruce, that has been 8 times you have tried to access .... when are you going to give up.

But I got a phone call today from OOP, where they were responding to my complete list of every single thing that has gone wrong and my position that I honestly don't believe that they have ever tested any of this stuff with a user, that they don't understand that just because it worked in your test environment that is very controlled, that when it hits all the users who have configured, reconfigured their settings over time (remember when the FAQ suggested to Ellen Roseman that it was a user configuration error or something like that.  Basically it was a total waste of my time.  Won't go over it all.

But I did learn about the tentative rollout at the time I was on the phone (tentative first group was 10,000 from the original group) on believe it, the 17th.  My response was that's today, guess since I have notice and no notice on web sites (hadn't seen the forum to see Margaret's post, with the changing messages and the statement that people would get notified in advance - so I guess I am not getting it today - wonder what the real dates are, rather than the tentative dates - goal by 15th of January (tentative again), whole GTA will be rolled out. I laughed and said, I hope if it crashes and dies like the last try that the company is smart enough to kill it again.

By that point, I was getting the silent treatment, me asking questions, and wondering if he was still there.

He agreed to send a few things to back office to work with.

So I came on here, and thought, ok, I have lost my temper once today already, what did they tell me in therapy this week.  Oh, yeh, sit back, take some deep breaths and find something nice to say, even if you don't want to.

So that is what you got - I am trying to be optimistic, but in a different state of mind, I would have said everything any of you would have said.  The car analogy was just one that came to mind because my father drove stick three on the tree well past the days of manual cars.  He drove a black car, with red interior, no radio, manual on the tree, absolutely no optiions.  He had to order them that way.  He was in the military and always wanted to own an officers car, next one was black interior and black exterior.  Plus he was very careful with money because military staff in those days, really didn't make very much money.  I did my stint too in the mid 70's and it still wasn't much. But I digress.

Everything you and others have said I agree with you.  The tiles are the worst excuse for logic that I have ever seen - sure for a tablet, or smart phone, or touch screen computer, but on a tv with an analogue, number key board and curser keys, give me a break.  The designers need their heads examined, and think they are netflix.  But netflix isn't a PVR, it saves unfinished shows at the top, you can select and designate your own list of future shows, and the tiles are bareable, because each tile has a complete description of the show at the bottom of the screen.  But I agree, tiles do not belong on a PVR, either for recorded shows or future shows.

So you got me going.

That is enough, you are right,

Have a good holiday.

Bruce

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Brt,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. With regards to the constant rebooting, I would try manually unplugging the power cord from the box and plugging it back in after 30 minutes. If that doesn't resolve the issue, a factory restore as suggested previously would be the next troubleshooting step. This can be done through the box via troubleshooting settings but does unfortunately erase your recordings and settings. It should however resolve this problem. If neither works, you can try exchanging the box or we can schedule a technician to come out. Please also ensure all cables are secured tightly behind the box. Let me know if this works. 

If any other users have experienced the same issue, please feel free to chime in. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @RogersHassam. First of all, I have to say that I'm not overly thrilled about losing everything yet AGAIN (I'm not yelling this at you personally, but rather this poor excuse for a PVR and the garbage software Rogers forced on us unwilling pre-alpha testers, not to mention the management team that has been completely absent throughout this whole ordeal).

As much as a factory reset may be in the cards, it would actually require the box stay on long enough to get into the settings to issue a factory reset. My main focus at the moment is getting it to stay on for 30-60 seconds at a time to quickly write down all of the items I'm about to lose. I'm up to more than 50 shows so far and it's taken at least eight reboots to get this far. With any luck I'll have the final list with 3 or 4 more reboots. What a joke!

Out of curiosity, who should I send the invoice to for the dozens of hours this fiasco has cost me personally? I suspect everyone else on this list is out of pocket at least a couple of dozen hours as well troubleshooting issues, trying to find alternate sources for the programs they've lost or the time spent calling Rogers support?

The truly sad part of this whole mess is that I'm foolish enough to continue paying Rogers for a service that they are failing miserably at delivering.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Sort of sounds like me sticking with Rogers for almost five months and expecing things to start working smoothly. Time to give my head a shake.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Rogers Hassam/Rogers Margaret, etc, etc.:

Does anyone not ever tire of repeating the same old company line?   My head aches from all of this nonsense.

Navigatr is NOT a pleasurable experience and every time you mention a factory reset as the only option I could scream!

We are paying for a service and should not have to continually lose all of our programs not to mention the constant reboots.

As I mentioned yesterday - up again early today to reboot the tvs before the family came down.  Program the coffee pot and the tvs at the same time.  Nuts or what?  

So, please, stop with the scripted phrases and send our comments to someone who can give us definitive answers as to when those of us affected with this mess can expect an update.  In writing as well would be good so all of us can see!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Is the coffee pot programming more consistent than Navigtr.  Don't need an answer, I am sure the coffee pot wins hands down.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Brt I have said the same thing.  Just why do I stick with this mess, other than I haven't figured out where to go.  Oligopolies rule, like gas stations.

New phrase - turn on navigtr, find out what's wrong and shake your head asking why am I still doing this, the store is 5 minutes down the road, just dump it.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree with @Jack22, to the moderators and experts, how can you keep saying every day, clear your cache and cookies, try another browser, reboot the box, may have to do a factory reset and lose all your recordings, and walk away knowing that you just disrupted the life of yet another user who just wants reliable services that we paid for.

Nothing against the moderators and experts, you are just doing your jobs, and making a pay cheque, but for me anyway, it would be real tough on my personal and moral belief of how to treat people to put us through these troubles day after day.

Again, I do sincerely hope that the rollout will be ok (sorry can't call it an upgrade - it is a giant fix), it is not a pleasant experience, it is not easier, any of those company defined phrases. It really is a piece of Navigatr.

Then maybe we can all get on with the life of enjoying our services, and you guys can deal with helping people use their products, simple trouble shooting, and the community can help each other rather than rant together, which really is not a lot of fun for me and I am sure anybody.

Show binging this weekend to get our box clear, then I can deal with if it just dies, which the track record so far says it is a reasonable possibility.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Brt,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. With regards to the constant rebooting, I would try manually unplugging the power cord from the box and plugging it back in after 30 minutes. If that doesn't resolve the issue, a factory restore as suggested previously would be the next troubleshooting step. This can be done through the box via troubleshooting settings but does unfortunately erase your recordings and settings. It should however resolve this problem. If neither works, you can try exchanging the box or we can schedule a technician to come out. Please also ensure all cables are secured tightly behind the box. Let me know if this works. 

If any other users have experienced the same issue, please feel free to chime in. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

As I have already said, I have had this issue.  Other people in this thread have mentioned it as well.  I found this fix using Google, as others had reported this issue and fix in other places.

Why does the box need to be off for 30 minutes?  I just did a normal hard reset (off for a few seconds).