New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Rogers has listened to our concerns??   Rolling out what new stuff, to whom, the entire province or to those of us who have suffered for the last few months.  At Christmas time????

Navigatr is a useless piece of junk that has to be rebooted 3 or 4 times a week on all 3 of our tv's.  Who has time for this nonsense?   Again today, recordings, if they even bother to record, are slow to play, will not stop fast forwarding and will not delete. Channel changes take at least 15 seconds.  Don't want to reboot again tonight in case the stupid tv will not turn on again.

So, once again, I will get up tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. and start rebooting all the tv's so everything will be ready for when the family comes down.

CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY PAYING FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!

what do you have to say about this?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rgottinger wrote:

Makes sense but to be honest, i would prefer that whatever the choice is, it is bug-free and functional

Come on now, get serious.  This is ROGERS we're talking about here.    Smiley Mad

@rgottinger wrote:

Every company including Rogers wants more money out of us but tiles aren't going to get me to pay $5.99 for VOD any more than a listing would. Nor would i subscribe to Shomi or Netflix either. Some will fall for it but that's their problem.  

What you can, er, fall for is calling in and demanding FREE Shomi for at least a year as compensation for being infected with Navigatr.  When the free period is up, ditch it.

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

Exactly! Rogers must assume that their customers are very gullible to publish videos like this!

Well, we ARE all still Rogers customers, so maybe they're right.   Smiley Sad

@JonBoy49 wrote:

I could even live with tiles (although I'd rather not) if the darn things didn't keep moving! I find that I watch a program, delete it and then later look for the next episode.  It was in the third row, it is now in the fourth (or first or ...) assumedly because other things have been recorded.

While I'm prepared to give the new version a chance - let's face it, how much worse than the current one can it be (famous last words!) - All the videos seem to indeed prove that Rogers is set on a path and has completley ignored the comments here with the possible exception of a bigger font size!

Rogers is pulling the same crap they pulled when they morphed RTN 5.1 into Navigatr (aka RTN 5.2).

Did they fix any of the bugs, NO,  They just put lipstick on a pig (and conveniently introduced MORE bugs) and pushed it out into the abbatoir for us to slaughter it with complaints.

Now they cake even more lipstick on the pig, and I'm sure haven't dealt with half the bugs (if any) - just a few minor complaints like font size.  This pig now has more lipstick on it than a $10 hooker.

I am definitely purchasing a share in Rogers Communications and showing up at the April annual shareholders meeting.

Good thing they don't know what I look like.   Smiley Wink

OH - and yet MORE proof Rogers staff/contractors couldn't program their way out of a wet paper bag.

Post your comment, click on "Return to my previous location".

Do you go back to the post you were reading when you clicked Reply ?

No prize for guessing the answer.   Smiley Mad

@krap wrote:

@so upper lack-of-management @ Rogers has now decided to chicken out after nearly 5 months of Navigatr.

Come on Rogers, show some backbone !

EITHER ROLL THE DICE WITH NAVIGATR2, OR ROLL-BACK TIME !

Maybe they'll hire Cher for their annual shareholders meeting in April,

to open the meeting with a rousing rendition of "If I Could Turn Back Time".    Smiley Mad

She must be as old as the lines of code buried in RTN.

I'm sure if we got hold of it and saw the comments in the source code we'd see the name "Grace Hopper".

(Another in joke for JonBoy).

@Jack22 wrote:

Rogers has listened to our concerns?   Rolling out what new stuff, to whom, the entire province or to those of us who have suffered for the last few months.  At Christmas time????

It's Rogers equivalent to Santa leaving a lump of coal in your stocking.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Jack22,

@Jack22 wrote:

CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY PAYING FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!

what do you have to say about this?

We can't believe it either!

Merry Christmas,

Mr. A

I don't know about you guys - but with the 'threat' that Rogers may be downloading the Navigatr virus to 'the rest of Ontario' possibly as soon as this week - I'm going through the MANY recordings on my PVR and sorting through them while I've still got a clear description of when they were recorded, and their length, etc.  (I've heard differing reports about Navigatr being rolled out to 'all of Ontario' as soon as this week, or just to a few test areas this week - and different reports that it will be sent out in January, and another report that says February (reports are from this thread and also the digitalhome website.)

I've currently got the old interface - so - while I can, I'm sorting through a ton of programming to eliminate repeats and weed out what I may not really want - because everything I've heard about Navigatr suggests it is SIGNIFICANTLY harder to manage your programs efficiently with the new guide.

Which reminds me - about the lovely search feature - who the HECK at Rogers thought it would be useful to provide us with 10 or more search results in 10 different 'boxes' and that NONE of them identify the episode number without requiring us to manually go into EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM to identify which program is the episode we want to watch - and still  - often - the episode I want is NOT there.  Hey Rogers - if anybody is listening - how about putting all search results for the same show IN ONE FOLDER - and ORGANIZED BY INCREASING EPISODE NUMBER!  Why the heck are the results not even in the correct order as they would be played?  You get episode 4, below 6, below 3, below 8, below 1.  I'M TIRED OF THIS INCOMPETENCE IN PROGRAMMING AND ORGANIZATION AND STUPIDLY THOUGHT OUT DESIGN.

Did ANYBODY at Rogers EVER THINK that giving us 10 identical choices in the search results - that all look identical - and require us to manually enter each and every one to TRY to find what we were looking for - well did anybody think this was the way to display search results?  Are the designers of this interface incompetent?  Or are they passively aggressively displaying their utter contempt for their customers?   Or are the employees so unhappy that they DON'T CARE about programming a functional product?  Any way you look at it - there is a MASSIVE failure in management to assign proper resources to give us SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

Can you imagine any company surviving in the marketplace if their customers TRULY had free choice about whether to buy their products or not.  Like - for example - let's say you could choose a TV that worked - let's call it SONY - and another TV brand that worked as well as Rogers PVR's - let's call it SORRY.  Would ANYBODY really buy something as poorly designed and bug ridden and unreliable as the Rogers Dreckbox?

And not being sure when I would be attacked by this monstrosity of a user interface, I thought I'd call Rogers tech help to see if, maybe, they might have an update about WHEN I would be infected.  I gave up when the auto recording said the wait would be 10 to 15 minutes - especially because the last time the lying automaton told me the wait would be 5 minutes - I ENDED UP WAITING OVER A HALF HOUR FOR HELP.

And do they still have the call back feature?  I don't know if any of you have noticed - but I've called in for help on other issues - like setting up my new Rocket modem - and I was told their 'operators were experiencing a longer than usual call volume' - so at that time I was offered the ability to hang up and have Rogers call me back when an operator was available - and you are not supposed to lose your space in line.  But when I've called since - no option for this choice was presented.

Maybe they've stopped offering it because it wasn't working well?  I suggest this because when a tech person DID call me back - I also got 2 calls on my answering machine WHILE I WAS TALKING TO THE TECH GUY - and they were from ANOTHER two calls from tech responding to my call.

Maybe Rogers will get this feature right some day.

What am I saying?  This is Rogers.  Do I really think they are going to START to demonstrate competence?  I must be dreaming ....

.... end of rant ....

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

@KWoo

We’ve notified customers who are getting the update this week by email and text.  As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.