New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Here's a glitch I haven't seen posted here - and I hope someone at Rogers is keeping track of these items -

The Picture in picture (PIP) function seems to be very messed up.

It seems to have saved one channel in the pair that I can't change or get rid of.

Swapping takes me out of the PIP function.

Basically the PI{P function is now useless.

I urge Rogers to take a close look at this feature which use to be quite easy to use.

I Plan to Stick Around

there used to be an option for troubleshooting on the old way but now things have changed and the is no troubleshooting option

I Plan to Stick Around

ok just found it

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jinx8910 wrote:

This is just getting ridiculous.  As soon as we discover a workaround Rogers does something to screw it up.  I can't access my manage your PVR either on any of my lap top, iPad or PC.  I own my net box as well which is now basically a large dust collector.  Thank god for the internet because at least I can download my shows that don't show up.  I'm glad that service is with Bell otherwise that would probably be shut down as well

On my Windows 7 laptop running Firefox, I get the grid, but in the top left corner is says "STB not available". I have the more bulletproof SA8300HD PVR, but it just looks like the web app isn't communication with our boxes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@TrueNorth46 wrote:

Here's a glitch I haven't seen posted here - and I hope someone at Rogers is keeping track of these items -

The Picture in picture (PIP) function seems to be very messed up.

It seems to have saved one channel in the pair that I can't change or get rid of.

Swapping takes me out of the PIP function.

Basically the PI{P function is now useless.

I urge Rogers to take a close look at this feature which use to be quite easy to use.

The PiP works just fine on my SA8300HD, so it must be a Nextbox or Navigatr problem.

Frankly, since I've had a PVR I've very seldom watched live TV and can't remember the last time I used PiP. Before that, I went out of my way and paid a premium to get a TV with PiP. I'd seen it on a friend's TV, but when I went to but a new TV the salesmen tried to talk me out of it because apparently nobody used it much anymore. I found it great when we were allowed to see Formula 1 Racing from both the Canadian network and Speed TV and could switch back and forth just at the right time during commercials. Nowadays I never watch racing live and FF through commercials.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@roxandtreez

To get out of the "Mobius loop" of the "shifted recording issue" try rebooting the box (from the menu, or just unplug for 30 seconds) at a time when nothing is recording, or scheduled to record for at least half hour.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, Manage PVR is working tonight and connecting to my PVR. I figured is was just a temporary lapse.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have two nextboxes 3 linked up on whole home.  They can be working find and then you have to reboot to get them to connect to each other.  The change to the guide is bad enough but can't they just have stable software that doesn't require a reboot frequently..   Tired of it.  That and that lousy guide.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello all,

I've been plagued with most of the same issues as the rest of you since being inflicted by Navigatr with the exception of losing recordings ... however that changed yesterday morning!

I rebooted the box since it was lagging the night before and in the process, an update was pushed to the box, and wasnt't I thrilled to see that it blew away 35% of my content. I'd been away for two weeks as well so I haven't had a chance to watch anything since all the new shows started ... woohoo ... On Demand here I come. It's bad enough having to endure Navigatr but let's add the equally deficient On Demand experince to the mix .... what a mess Rogers!

I called into Rogers to voice my frustration and received the same party line that there is little they can do. The person I spoke with seemed quite surprised to hear I had lost content as he was under the impression it only happened during the initial roll out. I suggested he take a couple of hours and review the 989 messages in this thread!

Anyway, I've asked Rogers to let me know within the next 48 hours what they can do to remedy the situation, or at the very least tell me if when they expect to have the problems addressed or I'm searching for new services on the weekend.

Three months of this nonsense is enough after being a Rogers customer for 25+ years.

Cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

Totally agree this is unacceptable. This whole situation is out of control!
We in the affected area for the so called NEW NAVIGATR are being discriminated against compared to the rest of your customers.