New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Just when I thought I had seen every weird behaviour under Navigatr, I was surprised by new issues tonight.

I had set up to record 4 half hour comedies on Channel 17 - HDABC from 8:00PM to 10:00PM

The Middle

The Goldbergs

Modern Family

Blackish

I also had Modern Family set up on channel 7-HDCTY as insurance, because the Scheduled Recording on ABC did not show the red record symbol, even though I could not schedule the series or a single recording on ABC because of "duplicate recording".

Around 10:30, we started to watch The Middle and I noticed that it showed that it was still recording (from 8:00PM).  When I hit "Watch", it was the Goldbergs that played.  At the end of play, the playback did not stop, but the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen flashed every second or so.  I had to hit Exit to get back to List.  I  then checked the rest of the recordings.  On ABC, The Goldbergs was Modern Family, Modern Family was Blackish, and Blackish was Blackish.  On City, Modern Family was Modern Family.  I expected the City simsub to override the ABC signal for Modern Family, but this did not happen.  Modern Family on ABC was overridden by the City simsub of Blackish.

I tried to stop the recording of The Middle on ABC, which said it was a 30 minute recording even though it had been recording for 2.5 hours but it would not let me do it from the tile List.  I knew that I needed to stop any other recordings so that I could do a reboot before the 11:30 recordings.  When I went to the Guide and found the program that was recording I hit Select which took me to the live TV.  Then when I hit Stop, I was surpried that a menu popped up that gave me the old RTN choices which included "Stop recording and save" and "Stop recording and delete".  I used this to stop all the recording programs, including The Middle, although at first it did not appear to work.  In a short time, however, the red recording light went out and I was able to reboot by unplugging the power and restarting.  After the reboot, things seemed to be OK, but the incorrect recordings remained.

In summary, it appears that The Middle on ABC went into an extended recording time that would never have stopped until I intervened.  The remaining recordings on ABC were shifted in content by half an hour.  I don't think this was a Guide error, because the City simsub overrode the ABC signal and was shifted, but the direct City broadcast had the correct name and time.

I wanted to get this down while it was fresh in my memory.  Now to go upstairs and check what happened on the second 9865.

I Plan to Stick Around

i just noticed the new look of the navigatr settings and found there is no option to reboot. there was with the old.

I Plan to Stick Around

More from Navigatr...  We recorded some shows last night.  This morning our Nextbox 3.0 was repeatedly rebooting.  We would get about one minute of TV and it would reboot again.  Over and over.  So, I did an online chat with Rogers support, and was told it is a hardware issue and needs to be replaced.  We bought this unit two years ago, so it's out of warranty.  I googled Nextbox repeated reboots, and I read that someone had success with a factory reset.  Faced with the loss of our recorded programs in any event, and nothing else to lose, I tried the factory reset.  Voila, no more reboots.  Works fine, except that we no longer have our recorded programs.  This software is a mess.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

So yet again Rogers has broken someone's PURCHASED Nextbox by forcing down defective software to it. This MUST be against some law, and you should (at the very least) Call Rogers and demand some reasonable compensation (and if they start the offer with some worthless movie rentals, laugh at the offer and tell them you want to speak to someone in the Retentions department).
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @neilpalmer400,

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Beware making statements like "Rogers Navigator - It Keeps Getting Better and Better!!!".

Although Rogers has a sense of humour (I mean after all, what else could Navigatr be if not an elaborate joke), I don't think they understand sarcasm.  You're likely to see your quote misused in another future Rogers mindless television commercial touting "happy Navigatr customers".

For those of you following along at home, I'm still manually deleting, one at a time, 145 recordings of episodes of the same show FROM THE MAIN TILE SCREEN. (And the 145 is *not* an exaggeration.) Because the tiles don't give any actual show information, I have to click on each <expletive deleted> tile, then try to remember whether or not that particular recording is a duplicate, since I can't look at a screen full of descriptions for multiple programs, where duplicates would be visible.

You are absolutely correct -- I *should* have written:

"Rogers Navigatr - It Keeps Getting Bettr and Bettr!"

Then the sarcasm would have been obvious even to Rogrs...  (Not Rogrs Communications of course -- I'm speaking of Mister Rogrs...)

Regards,

Mr. A

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I hope you're demanding compensation from Rogrs for the huge amount of your time wasted checking and deleting 145 tiles.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say how sad and angry I am each time I come on to see what's STILL going on with this ineffective, broken and downright idiotic system, and the lack of adequate responses from Rogers. I'm sorry for everyone on here, and the countless others who aren't on the forums, who are dealing with this.

My solution is still working great for me so far, and if you have the option, I'd suggest other people do what I did. Switch to Bell Fibe. (Let's see how long this message stays up before Rogers deletes it!) Granted it's only been a couple months, but I've had no issues since I switched, all recordings have occurred without incident, the interface is easy to navigate, AND my bill is cheaper. If people don't have the option to switch, keep fighting for compensation, and contact the President's Office directly. When Rogers found out I was moving to Bell, the retention agent said he would give me a new Nextbox 3.0, so fight for getting that. Rogers should NOT be willing to offer leaving customers more than what they are willing to give existing customers whom they have screwed over. They have messed up your PVRs; make them make it right.

I'm a Senior Contributor

"I wanted to get this down while it was fresh in my memory.  Now to go upstairs and check what happened on the second 9865."

So everything was fine on the upstairs 9865.  I assume this means that the run-on recordings have caused some kind of corruption and this is only going to get worse.  Certainly if I start to get the "insufficient resources" messages again, I'll have no choice but to do a factory reset.  I have only had this box since April.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@mike555  Scroll down to Troubleshooting and press Select.  Under Diagnostics, there is a choice to "Reboot Set-Top Box".

I Plan to Stick Around

This is just getting ridiculous.  As soon as we discover a workaround Rogers does something to screw it up.  I can't access my manage your PVR either on any of my lap top, iPad or PC.  I own my net box as well which is now basically a large dust collector.  Thank god for the internet because at least I can download my shows that don't show up.  I'm glad that service is with Bell otherwise that would probably be shut down as well