New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hello Community! 

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is for Navigatr discussions only. Discussions related to "Manage my PVR" can be posted in the thread here. It's easier this way for other users to find valuable discussions under the appropriate threads when searching topics. 

Thanks 🙂 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

I appreciate the link to the Manage PVR thread.  I have replied to a post there.

That being said, it is certainly appropriate to discuss Manage PVR in the New Nextbox Navigator thread, in the context of a workaround for the broken Navigatr UI.  I would encourage discussion about a method to relieve our considerable frustration with this horrible product.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I've moved a chunk of the conversation over to the My Guide & Manage My PVR Missing thread as the conversation was off topic to the thread at hand.

Thanks everyone!

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Darrell. So we know you and other moderators are reading the posts as you have deemed them to be "off topic", even though the reason for the posts is to help those of us infected with Navigatr have a reasonable user interface.  So we know you are reading, but is anybody LISTENING??

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Hcoates, I think it was mentioned by several people that we should be coaxing Rogers to fix all the bugs in Navigatr, or remove it entirely, not devise workarounds and keep living with that flawed interface. Using the Manage PVR web app is such a workaround.  I can see that after the dysfunctional Navigatr was deployed, a lot more customers were clamoring to bring Manage PVR back because it works so much better (even though it too has some quirks).

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So the fact that you moved the comments would explain why none of the links in the "New Post" emails work?

Pity the system can't reroute those. It is all very well for you to decide to move things (I still think they were perfectly on topic) but at least if you do make sure that folks are notified.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes it is true that many of us have been of the strong opinion that we should stay on top of Roger's back to fix this mess, but unfortunately, that may not be in our lifetime, or before they come out with the real box that would be IPTV with Espial running the show.

All we know is they are working with it, and they have heard us, and the teams that need to know are aware - 7 weeks later, the same message.

So unfortunately, although I agree keep pushing them to fix it, we are stuck with workarounds.

And the original issue on the thread of my guide and manage pvr is missing was just that - it was an original post way back when to say, "hey where did the portal and the link go".  Months passed with the question, where or where did my guide and PVR management go.

Then when it appeared, it morphed into a realization that it was actually a tool to run our PVR's change channels, and generally work around the biggest problems found in Navigatr - so I would suggest that those items should have been moved into Navigtr thread, not the other way around, because the Navigatr thread has also morphed into a place to rant, a place to build the conspiracy, a space to keep the pressure on Rogers to fix this mess, and also a place to suggests ways to live with it (and I emphasize, just in the meantime).

So Darrel has ruled that the discussions belong over there, not here, and I would agree that some of them do - such as it doesn't work on my i whatever, issues on other devices and so forth, and how to use the thing,  but maybe a new thread called manging your PVR through the interum Navigtr upgrade using the app.

I could say that it is just typical of Rogers though - once again, decisions are being made, even though I and others made very strong arguments on why it was appropriate that the discussion of using the app for navigating the Navigtr was more than appropriate to be here, since we were forced to put our workarounds into this thread, when it actually started out as, these are the things that aren't working, these are the things we like, and how do we work around it, and hopefully you will do something.  I should know, I am the OP .

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JonBoy49, the email notifications work only half the time at best because of the quirky log-in. I see the notifications at the top of the forum page, but I'm subscribed to both threads.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Since the upgrade my hard drive has been constantly chirping while the box is turned off.  Is there any way to stop this?  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Perhaps it's hungry?  Smiley Frustrated  Sorry, no idea.