New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

So, I can finally log in to post this...

Espial sure seems like the software we got and we probably got their stock PVR functionality, which seems to try to copy the Netflix/Shome movie selection interface.

So now we know why the people who programmed this nonsense never actually used it in a real environment.

I've Been Around

Cannot believe what a mess this new interface is: searching is rediculous, time shifting does not work, recorded programs are deleted, some recordings do not happen, deleted programs sometimes never delete, this is crap and there doesn't seem to be a fix.  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Completley agree. 

How could anyone in their right mind view this abortion of an interface as an improvement?

Just off the top of my head without thinking about it ...

1) Small fonts with no way to increase the size

2) When you have watched a program (or stop at the end) the highlighted episode is NOT the one you just watched so it is very easy to delete one you have not yet seen. Yup - did that twice and now am very cautious.

3) No way that I can see to undelete recent deletions

4) Still no wish list or any way to schedule recording of any program not in the pathetically short (7 day) advance list. If like me you travel a lot this is a major problem since even after 4 months Rogers _still_ cannot fix my remote access!

5) Page up/down (+/- keys) even more unevenly implemented than before.

6) Spontaneous reboots when using On-Demand if you follishly think that perhaps it missed the "select" action when nothing happens and do it again. I now wait 10 seconds or more between each button push to try and avid this.

7) On-demand and search options frequently unavailable.

😎 "Empty" records dated from years ago that have suddenly appeared and cannot be played or deleted.

I could go on and on and on ...

I used Tivo for many years until Rogers took away my acess and effetively forced me to buy into this abortion. I so wish that I could get Cogeco in my neighborhood becuase they have had the good sense to use Tivo boxes. Who knew - there is a cable company out there that cares about their customer's experience!  Sadly I'm about 5 miles from their service boundary.

The good news for me is that it appears that "cutting the wire" and using a Tivo over-the-air box coupled with Netflix etc. may be a better solution for me - just got to organize getting an antena installed. Then it will be bye-bye Rogers and this piece of garbage and a significant decrease in my monthly payments.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Amazing that this is supposedly professional software. It is so bad that I had been forced to assume that Rogers had two rather poor programmers working in their spare time in a basement somewhere.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

Amazing that this is supposedly professional software. It is so bad that I had been forced to assume that Rogers had two rather poor programmers working in their spare time in a basement somewhere.

They have TWO now ???   Smiley Very Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JonBoy49 wrote:

4) ... If like me you travel a lot this is a major problem since even after 4 months Rogers _still_ cannot fix my remote access!

As an FYI, Rogers Web-based AnyPlace is working again as of a couple of days ago.  It no longer functions in the same way as before and is much simpler and quicker to use.  Simply go to the webpage link below, click on "Manage PVR" near the top of the page in the red banner to the right of "Kids Zone".  Then login. If you select "remember me" all of this should only be one click away after bookmarking/using the link below:

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

If you cannot see "Manage PVR" in the red bar, then try the following:

- Login to Rogers before clicking on the link above

- Make sure you have JavaScript enabled

- If you still can't see it, delete Rogers cookies from your browser.

- Try a different browser/computer.

- Make sure Pop-ups are not disabled

- You should be able to see your Rogers' username at the top of the page - if you don't sign out, it'll remember you for next time and you only need to click on "Manage PVR" and it'll bring up the guide, PVR(s), etc.

- If you can't see your PVR(s) after several attempts at using AnyPlace, say over a two day period, do a reboot of the PVR(s)

Sometimes it may not bring up the guide for some people due to system delays, but it should work most of the time, as it did before Rogers removed the functionality almost five months ago.  Remember also that if you're travelling, the system is often down for maintenance in the early morning hours Eastern Time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mister A - I just read your comment earlier this week about the tiles, how hard they are to manage & what could be done to make them more user friendly. The funny thing about your comment is that if they were to bring back the features that Navigatr removed your tile issues would go away & pretty well what you suggest is what we would get back.

We used to be able to hit List 1x & then see a complete list of all our recorded programs, in various orders, with all the required data for each. Also if we hit List 2x we would then be able to see all our scheduled recordings, once again in various orders, with the required data for each. Unfortunately the brainiacs at Rogers decided that we didn't need anything this user friendly so they had Navigatr remove both these features & replace them with nothing.

Also, we used to be able to hit list 1x when a recordnig was taking place & immediately see what was being recorded. Once again, Navigatr removed this & replaced it with nothing.

I can hardly wait for the next 'improvement' that the brainiacs at Rogers inflict upon us.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The crazy thing is that the on-line web browser version "Rogers PVR" works much better than the New Navigatr .

You can "manage your PVR" easily by accessing lists of scheduled or recorded programs.

Sort them by date or title.

No stupid tiles.

You can actually search and get the program(s) you are looking for - not just what Rogers wants to sell you.

You cannot see or edit what series are scheduled. This is a very serious problem because once you set up a series to record there is no way of getting rid of it, unless it happens to be recording something in the next 7 days. Nuts!

But all in all it is very usable compared to the ridiculous new Nextbox downgrade.

Shhhh - don't tell anyone at Rogers about this - they might "update it".

And -

Too bad the Android version of Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition is still not working - after 10 months !!!!

After 10 months it's hard to believe Rogers is even trying to get that back up.

Shameful

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

If you cannot see "Manage PVR" in the red bar, then try the following:

- Login to Rogers before clicking on the link above

- Make sure you have JavaScript enabled

- If you still can't see it, delete Rogers cookies from your browser.

- Try a different browser/computer.

- Make sure Pop-ups are not disabled

- You should be able to see your Rogers' username at the top of the page - if you don't sign out, it'll remember you for next time and you only need to click on "Manage PVR" and it'll bring up the guide, PVR(s), etc.

- If you can't see your PVR(s) after several attempts at using AnyPlace, say over a two day period, do a reboot of the PVR(s)

This is the same login problem since Rogers (finally) implemented "deep linking" on their "new" web site last week, where the applications (like Community Forums) sometimes don't seem to recognize you are actually logged in, forcing you to sign out (go to rogers.com and Sign-out then Sign-In again).  That is discussed in this forum topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/MyRogersSupport/page/1/thread-id...

I Plan to Stick Around

I have not received the Navigatr upgrade yet. I thought rollout was completed in August.