New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

With NB3 and NAVIGATR widely acknowledged fails, what are peoples' best guesses for what may lie in the future? Rogers is silent. Individual reassurances made months ago have not been honoured. They're bleeding customers. Does anyone believe they have actual, competent programmers working on the software? Do you think there is another generation of digital box on the horizon?

I Plan to Stick Around

JohnnyRockets - You are spot on with your comment. We could care less if Rogers out source their programming. We buy the services from Rogers, so Rogers is responsible to make sure that we are getting the best value for our $.

As I have already posted, I have yet to find anything in Navigatr that is an improvement over the old  system yet the list of negatives is endless. It is very obvious that whoever did the programming for  Navigatr has no diea what they are doing & should be fired. It is also very obvious that nobody in Rogers made sure that it was sampled & tested thoroughly before inflicting it on us, the users who pay their wages.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just wanted to add to the existing majority that hate the new Navigatr.  Looking forward to someone I can make a complaint to officially.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am skeptical about Rogers pointing the finger at anyone else, or it being a Cisco issue.  The reason for my skepticism is that I can't find (via Google) any similar outrage over screwed up Cisco PVR software for any other cable company.  Yes it's possible that Rogers was the first Cisco customer to publicly release the new software, but I doubt that Cisco would pick a Canadian customer (Rogers) for a first release.  I could be wrong, but it's up to Rogers to clarify and explain why they are subjecting their customers to this mess.

We had our condo board meeting, and we are now discussing the Rogers bulk cable contract renewal.  I made it clear that I am not happy with Rogers, and that as a Board member I'm finding it very hard to bring myself to subject the owners to this going forward.  We are exploring our options.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I thought I had lived through all of the things the new Nextbox Navigatr had thrown at us.

Today I recorded a slew of programs to watch this evening.  I even double checked them before we went out this afternoon.  Can you imagine having to do that - but with this piece of junk you have to.

Sat down after dinner and guess what?  Nothing there.  Furious to say the least.

Went downstairs and discovered that the programs only recorded on the tv where the "master box" is located and all of the satellites received nothing!

What the HECK (I had to edit this myself before the lovely moderator did it for me)????

Moderator - how can I get these programs up onto the satellites?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had enough of this crap.

The only thing Rogers understands is money. The only way things will change is if people start cancelling their sevices in droves. You can get upset, complain all you want, even threaten. But that doesn't make any difference because Rogers is still making money from you. You want to make a difference?  Cancel your Rogers TV service then watch how fast things change.

I'm now looking at other TV viewing options. I found serveral companies online that for a one time fee will setup up a OTA system as well as online streaming service. I doubt the mod's will allow me to post the links but Google is your best friend.

Enough is enough.

-clammydog
I'm NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own.
I'm an Advisor

Wonder if Rogers is still using us as lab-rats?

Rogers please review and respond to this problem.

On the NB3 that Rogers swapped, saw that COAS T was to be on @ 8 PM tonite.

So I selected it off the guide and set it to record.  A bit later I decided to record the series.

Found it in the pile-of-tiles and tried to modify. After I clicked on record series and did the awkward exit,

It IGNORED WHAT I ASKED IT TO DO.  Tried a couple times more, no dice.

Checked the diag pages, that machine was rebooted on SEPT 1.

Tried the same on my other NB3. first select record once. Then set up as a series.

It did as I asked.  COAST was set as a series with one episode scheduled.

That machine was last rebooted on Aug 25 around the time Rogers did an unannounced download here in Mississauga.

So why the different behaviours ?  Is Rogers fiddling with things and testing it out on us ?

Or did I get a flakey machine when they swaped out machines ?

Already had to do a factory reset and wipe everthingout on per Rogers request to fix another issue.

Before you ask both NB3 show the same version #s of all the software. 

I'm an Advisor

@vistaliving12 wrote:

Just wanted to add to the existing majority that hate the new Navigatr.  Looking forward to someone I can make a complaint to officially.

You can make an official complaint to the CRTC.

They regulate and watch over companies like Rogers.

When one complains to the CRTC,  Rogers is required to respond.  

You can see Rogers carefully worded response to my concerns in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

The CRTC also supplied this link as a way to  to add other comments.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To respond to this message, please click here and follow the prompts: https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/rapidsccm/Default-Defaut.aspx?lang=en&caseid=716298&key=42768.515929...

On that same day, Rogers finally admitted that Navigatr had a few issues..  (page 61 of this thread, half way down)

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/highlig...

"Hi everyone,

We’d like to thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through some of the changes we’re making to NAVIGATR. We always want to hear from people about what they like and where they think we can do better. For example, some of you let us know that the Guide’s font size needs to be bigger, so we’re working on it and are testing new sizes. We’re also looking at ways to improve the recording guide based on what you’ve told us. And in the meantime, we are doing comprehensive testing to make sure the next NAVIGATR roll out goes smoothly. Once we have more details on timing and next steps we’ll share it here.

Thank you again and we sincerely apologize for any  inconveniences we may have caused. 

RogersStrick"

I'm a Senior Advisor

krap wrote:

On the NB3 that Rogers swapped, saw that COAS T was to be on @ 7PM tonite.

So I selected it off the guide and set it to record.  A bit later I decided to record the series.

Found it in the pile-of-tiles and tried to modify. After I clicked on record series and did the awkward exit,

It IGNORED WHAT I ASKED IT TO DO.  Tried a couple times more, no dice.

Checked the diag pages, that machine was rebooted on SEPT 1.

My Guide shows Coast on TVO at 8:00 p.m. (Also at 12 a.m.) What kind of Guide do you have with Navigatr?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

We all know tiles are krap, and putting everything (recorded, scheduled, recording) in a single pile-of-tiles is just plain stupid.  But Rogers seems bent of continuing with this folly.

If that is so, then please put the pile-of-tiles in true chronological order should you continue to insist on only ONE PILE, not the 2 we all desperately desire and UNDERSTAND

1. For series with recordings, but nothing scheduled put them at one end (use the most recent recording to determine the date order) along with any older recordings.

2. Put whatever is recording next.

3. Put any series that has scheduled recording next, along with any single scheduled programs.

4. Put those series that have no recordings and nothing scheduled (in the next 6 days) next.

That way things are laid out in true chrono order oldest to now to 1-6 days out, to who knows when.

Actually, it does not matter if you put oldest at the end or the top.  Cause we can navigate when things are in a logical order.

Plus this is the most important:

When one hits the [list] button, land on the pile-of-tiles section that is closest to NOW.

i.e. If anything is recording it should be immediately visible.

Going in one direction,  we will see what is to be recorded next.

In the other we see most of our recordings, but unfortunatly not all (as some are in the 1-6 out group). 

Oh yea: If a program in a series is recording, mark the series with red dot.

(Why should we have to loook inside to find it?)