New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@roxandtreez wrote:

{Thank you for the information.  Many have wondered if Rogers has a complete list of the issues with Navigatr.  Also, if you are preparing enhancements/corrections, we would like to know what will be included in each release.  I have assembled what I consider to be a complete list of issues from the Comunity Forum, Digital Home and Facebook.  I have grouped them as Problems - features which do not work, and Design Choices - features that many customers feel were not the best decision to meet customer needs.  Can you or the development team identify which of these issues are under development for resolution in the next release?   Thanks for your help.}

@roxandtreez Your feedback was detailed and well thought out, I sent it directly to the product management team as is.

I did look into your request for more details, the updates I have provided in the past contain the maximum amount of details that could be provided in an effort to keep Rogers customers informed of any changes and the progress with Navigatr.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersStrick: Thanks for you attention. I know that others have forwarded the list to the Office of the President and to an outside group seeking action. Hopefully one of these attempts will result in you being able to release more information.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Matbe this should be taken up with the CRTC.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Since we still have no idea in terms of implentation of future changes, I would like to flag that starting next week we go into the new season premiers and new show premiers.

A glance over the premiers shows me that I am going to be using the PVR a lot to meet the needs of my family. Every day has at least two shows, and up to four that we want to watch.  Beyond our preferred shows from last year, there are a lot of new shows coming and this is one of the fullest season for us for desired watching.

So I ask that the implementation team be very careful not to impact the carefully planned viewing times and PVR recordings and viewing capabilities of the recordings.

And advance notice of the changes and implementation is critical so that we can catch up on our viewing of recorded shows.

Some will be available on demand, but that is a very unpredictable process depending upon how many shows the network puts up and how long they keep it there.

So, please, please, please, test this one to death.  It is bad enough that we are going to have to double check and triple check to see that our series recordings and individual recordings are operating properly, be aware when we have one that was not recorded, so we go looking for on-demand or a network viewing online, or a different showing time, and then their is the joy of finding the series recordings, individual recordings of probably about 14 stations based upon what we want to watch.  I can live with that, but if a failed upgrade comes into the mix, that will be the last straw.

So take your time, don't rush it, we are living with the mess in the first rollout district, and the other districts don't have to deal with it at all.  Let us enjoy our tv watching and PVR recording - that is what we paid for, predictable, consistant, and reliable services.  Whatever your ultimate plan is, hold off until we get out of the new season runs.  There will never be a good time for things to go wrong, but not right now.

Please pass this request onto the development team.  

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Speaking of the new season coming, I bet we all plan to do a lot of PVR'ing soon. 

And so, a question:

in the Search function (*), am I incorrect to remember that in the old system, when you searched something, the right hand side of the screen would fill up with all the times, channels, descriptions and dates that any episode of that show would be airing for next week (and also showing which ones were HD or VOD)? This was often two or three screens of data.

This seems to have been lost in the "upgrade".  Now I just get one (or no)  future airings - not the complete range of times that I remember. 

Or am I mis-rembering the detailed results of the former Search function?

I Plan to Stick Around

You are right about the previous search function.  However with Navigatr when you search you may get partial results or no results. I tested it using two and a half men which was in the guide on many channels at various times. My search gave me no results.  So you can't rely on the search function. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

With a SA8300HD I still have the original "*" search function. It's not always 100% reliaqble and misses stuff.  You mean the Navigatr search function ie worse?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@Hcoates wrote:

You are right about the previous search function.  However with Navigatr when you search you may get partial results or no results. I tested it using two and a half men which was in the guide on many channels at various times. My search gave me no results.  So you can't rely on the search function. 

Or perhaps Naivkrap is just showing extremely good judgement/taste about Charlie Sheen 😉

I'm a Senior Advisor

As others have said, you will get only partial lists of your search and will not get a complete list of all shows coming in the same day in different time slots, time shifted stations, or other networks, possibly also on other days.

Yes, it did provide this full list before and we often used this list when we realized that a show that was part way through, we wanted to watch it a second time, we would search and if we could find it, would set up the future recording.

If you go to http://o.canada.com/ you can get full listings for all your shows based upon the cable or tv provider of your choice, even digital over the air if you are using that.

You will then have to go back to the menu on the box and find the show listing and set up the recording for it.

Amazing that an external company that has the full listings can provide a more complete full search than the new navigatr function can.  We have certainly been marketed that the search function is new and improved.  Don't think so. New yes, improved, no. Incomplete to the point of being useless - yes.

Just an alternative way for people to find their listings since we can't get them from the box.  I certainly am not going to go searching, line by line through 999 channels, and different dates and times to find another showing time and channel.

Well, someday, maybe this will all be fixed. But not during the implementation of the new season please.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

If you are having troubles remembering how the old interface worked, check out this you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xokwvZidWA

And you will see that in a search, you did get a list of all the showings of your chosen show.  

But give an example that the new interface will also do the same (just haven't realized it was there - if you search blue bloods for example, there will be a tile come up - click inside the tile and you will see all the shows inside the box, but it will take you some time to work through it. Plus in my example I just did, you will find that it does not show that the show is on 6 different stations at 10 tonight, nor does it show that it is on again on the 5th, on two stations.  Found this out from Entertainment - TV listings.  Go figure.

Bruce