New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@OLDYELLR

Modern (IP style) time-shifting means as short or as  long a time as you want.

Not just 1, 2 or 3 hours later (in our Tme zone) then its gone.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@krap wrote:

@OLDYELLR

Okay, I get you. That would virtually eliminate the need for a PVR function, other than a PVR (at least pre-Navigatr) lets you heep a handy, easy to view, listing.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@krap wrote:

@OLDYELLR

Okay, I get you. That would virtually eliminate the need for a PVR function, other than a PVR (at least pre-Navigatr) lets you heep a handy, easy to view, listing.

This is much like the long standing argument of doing things locally or in the network/cloud.

The truth is both are useful and have yet to eliminate the other, and IMHO probably never will.

I'm Here A Lot

Please Rogers - do the right thing and roll back this awful software update.

The new system is terrible!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Or as others have said, at least tell us why you are so determined to keep going into the direction you have chosen. 

Many theories have been put forward on this board and other boards and on Facebook. Personally, I think it is the desire/need to move to IPTV - the boxes were designed by Cisco with that very end in mind.  Bell and other IPTV are using Microsoft products for their implementation around the world. Did Cisco get out of the business as we have been told by some in the know because they realized they were going down the wrong track of moving from QAM to IPTV switching and transmission protocols.

Recommended shows are also more related to the user's true usage patterns, not tied to a single show following a simple algorithm that seems to be heavly biased towards the choice of paid shows. Watching an on demand tv series from Global which had the whole season six there (Rookie Blue), the recommended shows were always from Shomi, why not recommend some from the free on-demand rather than making me go back to the ondemand menus and chose the next show.  Again, these features all work better on IPTV.

So just tell us what is going on.

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't seen this mentioned yet  (or I could of missed it)..... but has anyone noticed since the new Navigatr was downloaded, the call display function no longer works on NB2 boxes.  And if you have a NB3, its basically white lettering displayed over what you happen to be watching at the time.  So if you happen to be watching something with a lot of white, you can't see the call info.

Also, when I go into the call logs, it is blank.

In case anyone is asking, I've rebooted my NB 2s and 3s at least twice before posting this.

I'm an Advisor

@ot_man wrote:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet  (or I could of missed it)..... but has anyone noticed since the new Navigatr was downloaded, the call display function no longer works on NB2 boxes.  And if you have a NB3, its basically white lettering displayed over what you happen to be watching at the time.  So if you happen to be watching something with a lot of white, you can't see the call info.

Also, when I go into the call logs, it is blank.

In case anyone is asking, I've rebooted my NB 2s and 3s at least twice before posting this.

Just checked: Yes on my NB3 The incoming call does display as a white overlay, and hard to see over a light bkgd. Channel 975 call logs are filled in. Noticed that if you just rebooted it is blank, and takes a  while to reload that info.. 

But won't be problem soon if you get my drift..

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@RogersHassam wrote:

@park,

The factory reset is done as follows but unfortunately it deletes all the recordings and anything you have set to record including your settings. If you've already watched your recorded content and would like to try this, see below. 

How to Perform Factory Reset:

Ø  Press Settings

Ø  Select Troubleshooting

Ø  Select Diagnostics

Ø  Select Restore Factory Settings

Ø  Select Restore

Ø  Enter PIN (0000)

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

It worked this AM.

Watched our programs, then did as above.

Got the red dot back.

Thanks.

I'm a Senior Advisor

All that for a little red dot. Smiley Happy  Ahh for the old simple lists, sometimes the old ways, really are just better.Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

Please bring back the old Netbox guide. I called to see if the old system could be put back on my Netbox and was told no.

This new system is horrible, lost recordings, difficult to navigate. Please listen to all of the complaints and revert back to the prior system.