New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I find the Rogers Facebook page quite confusing. Down the middle there's a constant feed of Rogers promotional material occasionally interspersed with replies from customers with questions about problems. Then, on the left there is VISITOR POSTS, where people actually ask questions. The questions are about everything under the sun provided by Rogers. I think Rogers should create a new section just for questions and suggestions concerning Navigatr.  I sure hope all the suggestions and bug reports I see in this thread are being studied by Rogers software developers, because it should keep them busy for the foreseeable future before Navigatr is truly ready for wider release.

I could be wrong, but I do think there are restrictions from Facebook as to how pages can be set up. Where Rogers has the ability to set up their own forums in any way they see fit, I do not think they have the same ability to do that on Facebook. They can control some features, but many are based on the Facebook platform.

That being said, there is an interesting discussion today on Facebook regarding Navigatr. In that thread, Rogers has made it quite clear that changes to Navigatr are unlikely to happen in the near future. When pressed by replies for more information from customers, we get the typical "We will pass along your comments to the Navigatr development team." I really do not think they are listening! Needless to say, it is an interesting read!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mjgrayon

Did the tech factory reset from the diagnostics? You need that update Rogers sent out and it needed a factory update.

Try to do it yourself through diagnostics if he didn't do it.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29213890-TV-How-do-I-do-a-Factory-Reset-with-HD-format-of-the-8642H...
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @kso.

Yes, I have done the "factory reset" twice myself and the tech did it again while he was here just to confirm. Rogers tech support have also said they pushed a "Factory Reset" to my box August 17th. Nether reformatted the hard drive though as recordings remainied intact. Thanks for taking the time to respond though.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

I could be wrong, but I do think there are restrictions from Facebook as to how pages can be set up. Where Rogers has the ability to set up their own forums in any way they see fit, I do not think they have the same ability to do that on Facebook. They can control some features, but many are based on the Facebook platform.

Yes, I see that the Rogers Facebook page has the additional feature of Visitors Posts. When you post a new message at the top, it goes into Visitors Posts and is soon answered by Rogers. I made a suggestion and was refered to Community Forums! Some people just post their questions as replies to the Rogers promotional posts on the main page and they get lost.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@57 Wrote "As with RTN and SARA, is it possible to hit "exit" to get rid of any overlays while FF, REW, Pause, etc?"

Yeah, thanks for that. Had no idea. Not exactly intuitive, is it? Hit exit while you are fast forwarding!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Having gotten fed up with Rogers, and the mishandling of this whole fiasco, I called Bell this morning and have signed up to switch both my cable and internet over to them, as of Wednesday. My last straw was that I was told because my box was so old, they couldn't give me a new one. Which if it was jsut age-related is understandable, but when Rogers has fried it, it was their doing, that to me is wrong. Essentially, we're being penalized for being long-term, loyal customers.

I was going to be taking a swapped PVR while I looked more into Bell, but I've just decided to cut Rogers' cord. I'm not waiting around for it to happen again with another old 2.0 PVR when the next update gets pushed through. So, I'm giving Bell a shot. Plus, with the deal I got, they're giving me a free PVR. So good luck to everyone here, I'll still be keeping an eye on this board (since I'm still with Rogers for my cell phone) to see how things pan out for everyone!

@park Wrote "It could grow into a long list, so bundling may be easier.  Ideally with the 1st bundle being as close as possible to the "the old guide".   This need not take too much memory esp. in the memory starved NB2, each PVR program customized to our desires could be a separate download (frankly, which already sort of is).

How feasible is this, Rogers ?"

Judging from this present fiasco I feel pretty confident in saying "hahahahahaha". Come on, now, what are you thinking? Rogers giving us something that would be ideal and work perfectly? Have you learned nothing here, Padawan?  Smiley Wink

I'm an Advisor

@VBDubGirl

Sayonara, farewell, see you later,  ciao, cheerio, adieu, ta-ta, au revoir, auf Wierdersehen, adios

Goodbye and good luck.

I'm an Advisor

@lensman wrote:

@park Wrote "It could grow into a long list, so bundling may be easier.  Ideally with the 1st bundle being as close as possible to the "the old guide".   This need not take too much memory esp. in the memory starved NB2, each PVR program customized to our desires could be a separate download (frankly, which already sort of is).

Judging from this present fiasco I feel pretty confident in saying "hahahahahaha". Come on, now, what are you thinking? Rogers giving us something that would be ideal and work perfectly? Have you learned nothing here, Padawan?  Smiley Wink

@lensman wrote:

It was a rhetorical question, very feasible especially bundle #1.

It works fine right now inToronto and Ottawa and many other places.
I  am confident that Rogers can get the rest working over the decade or two.

@park Wrote "I  am confident that Rogers can get the rest working over the decade or two."

In a galaxy far, far away...