New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Navigatr glitch ( "glitch" = ways in which the new UI is worse than the old UI) # 146 :

When I look into the info for a single recording, i now longer see the channel it was recoded from. I recorded a movie on an hd and a non-hd channel and then had to open and start to watch each one to see which one was the hd version.

Rogers - seriously - who was in the room when the functionalities section of the RFP for this product was presented?

I'm an Advisor

@krap wrote:

Dunno what the new download fixed yet, if anything. Would be nice if Rogers told us.

It must also do something deep inside the Firmware's inner-workings (getting ready for IPTV stuff ?? )

else Rogers would NOT be so quick to say swap it out after the download blew my recordings away.

So why is this internal change tied to a krappy untested PVR UI?  Rogers, please let us know why?
Anyway found another Navigatr problem.
Could not record a program which I was watching a few minutes delayed.
When I clicked to "live",then "record" it recorded from where I first started watching that program, as it should.

Good idea to sequence # the problems.

Since we are at #146, and my latest ones happened just a bit earlier.  I will claim the two previous #s if I may.

Navigatr glitch #145

Please see the post above about not being able to record, when we could always do so before.

Also included a workaround to make-up for this minor design error.

Navigatr glitch #144

On the fresh NB3 which Rogers swapped for mine after erasing all my recordings yesterday, I  no longer  have any info about how much storage space has been used.  No workaround  that I can figure out. Maybe Rogers brain-trust can tell us  why it happened and how to fix, other than a reboot or going into the diagnostic pages.

The picture of what the top page of the "NAVIGATR:saved"  screen looks like is in post #  526

BTW and by way of background:

Started a new thread  today called "What Did Navigatr do today ?" [even used the politically correct name]

So we could have a streamlined record of Rogers steps in moving Nav----- to make it ready for prime time.

Was OK , till I re-posted the pic in #526 along with pics showing which software version each of my 2 NB3s had. 

This was deemed spam and the new thread  was deleted.  But sequence #s will work too.

Who has found #147 ?

I'm an Advisor

Navigatr Glitch  #1  ?

So what is the #1 glitch ?

Q: Is it?

1. Trashing NB2s ?

2. Lumping recorded and scheduled together (and treating recording as scheduled?)

3. Launching Navigatr before it was tested?

4. Designing a PVR UI which ignores human factors and human nature?

My vote is all of the above !

I Plan to Stick Around

"There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See."

If enough were to pledge to withhold one months subscription that might do it. With projections indicating a decline in the cable user customer base they wouldn't disconnect everybody - would they?

I Plan to Stick Around

"Ron Perrotta, Senior Vice President Marketing, Residential Services."

Any chance of getting an e address, Shan-Man?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Shan-Nan said: "Has anybody contacted the Rogers Ombudsman yet?"

Didn't I hear they dispence with the Ombudsman's services, Shan-Man?

I'm a Senior Advisor

There was a live chat with the Rogers Ombudsperson here soon after Navigatr came out and it was discussed quite a bit. Here is the Ombudsman page: https://www.rogers.com/web/support/account/ombudsman/376?setLanguage=en

The chat in its entirety was available on the blog here, but I can't find it now. In the beginning she did not seem to be aware of Navigatr, but she must have been researching it as the chat progressed. Basically, the ombudsman's role is to settle a dispute between a customer and the company in cases where a solution cannot be reached by any other means. As I recall, the success rate in favour of the customer was quoted as 65%.

From what we hear from Rogers, the Navigatr roll-out is set in stone. The question everyone wants answered is why?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@SWBR, maybe you're right about the Ombudsman. When I click Kim Walker, Rogers Ombudsman in the link I posted, I get a server error. But when I click management team or the Office of the President I get a generic support page with no direct links.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Msg # 332, #333 and #334 in this thread are about the ombudsman, the ASK AN EXPERT session, and her role in the company.  I hope she was not a casualty of the Navigatr fiasco ?  Other heads higher up should roll over this one.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not normally the kind of person who would think that my issues are worthy of the time of a senior executive. In the case of Navigatr, however, the fact that Ron Perrotta, Senior Vice President Marketing, Residential Services, sent us a mailing saying that they were proud to launch this piece of garbage, I felt that I needed to be heard by him.

The first time I called during the day. A receptionist answered and I asked for Ron Perrotta. I was transferred to the voicemail of his assistant Nikki. I left a voicemail. No callback received. I understand attempts by other people instead resulted in transfer to the Office of the President.

The next time I called late at night and used the directory to look him up by last name. Left a message on his voicemail. No call back. I'll probably leave another message in a couple of days. May also try to look up other relevant execs. Need to make sure they're getting the message. Encourage you to do the same.