New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@shan-man wrote:
wrote:
> 2. How do I access my recordings that currently aren't showing any saved shows? I used to be able to see all my set recordings so I know in the fall these shows are set and/or I can change them.

YES! This is horrible. If there are no upcoming episodes of a series, the tile disappears entirely! How can I review or change my recording settings for shows that are on hiatus?

Even if there are upcoming episodes, they disappear until the schedule updates overnight.

e.g. Watched Amazing Race (as a recorded program in a Series) Wednesday night. 

Tried to delete it after watching.

No Response (This may be a fix to an earlier problem we noted where it it just goes away with no *deleting* message)

Tried delete again. NO RESPONSE,  DISPLAY DID NOT CHANGE.

Gave up - went looking for the series, ITS TOTALLY GONE.

Q: Did I delete the upcoming episodes and complete series ?

Checked the next morning, The next scheduled program was there and the watched program was deleted.

SO to add to the list of fundamental flaws and human interface problems with the new guide.

While you can delete in only two button pushes, it may take till the next morning to find out what it did !

I Plan to Stick Around

After my letter to the Office of hte PResident, and my deal of supposedly being able to go to a store to get a new 2.0, I've been calling around this morning to various stores trying to find one that can help. No luck so far, so have placed a call to the Office/President again. Apparently the stores, if they even have them, say you can't swap faulty 2.0s for new ones, only refurbished ones. Which, since the old ones are the problem...WHY would I be satisfied with another old used one??

And typical Rogers customer service when I call the stores:

"Hi, I have a faulty 2.0 PVR and am looking to get a new one. It's a purchased box, not a rental"

"Yeah, we have all that here."

"Just to be sure, I'm talking about a purchased box, not a rented one. So I need a box that isn't just for rent."

"No, we don't have those."

If I'd taken all these stores at their gut "yeah we have that" response, I'd have been stuck driving around from store to store (like my senior parents had to do 3 weeks ago). Idiotic customer service at all levels!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@krap wrote:

@shan-man wrote:
wrote:
> 2. How do I access my recordings that currently aren't showing any saved shows? I used to be able to see all my set recordings so I know in the fall these shows are set and/or I can change them.

YES! This is horrible. If there are no upcoming episodes of a series, the tile disappears entirely! How can I review or change my recording settings for shows that are on hiatus?

Even if there are upcoming episodes, they disappear until the schedule updates overnight.

e.g. Watched Amazing Race (as a recorded program in a Series) Wednesday night. 

Tried to delete it after watching.

No Response (This may be a fix to an earlier problem we noted where it it just goes away with no *deleting* message)

Tried delete again. NO RESPONSE,  DISPLAY DID NOT CHANGE.

Gave up - went looking for the series, ITS TOTALLY GONE.

Q: Did I delete the upcoming episodes and complete series ?

Checked the next morning, The next scheduled program was there and the watched program was deleted.

SO to add to the list of fundamental flaws and human interface problems with the new guide.

While you can delete in only two button pushes, it may take till the next morning to find out what it did !

WOW - great.  Rogers has "improved" response time from seconds (which was bad enough) to hours.

Rogers - We’re always working on improving your TV experience.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@VBDubGirl, it's my understanding that stores only exchange rental units, not purchased ones, which of course could be refurbished, just like the original rental.

My first PVR was an SA 8300 SD after they were discontinued. It was a free promotion from Rogers. It was refurbished and turned out it had a failing hard drive. I was told I could exchange it at the store, but when I got there, they said they had no record of it and only exchanged rentals. A Rogers tech eventually came out and exchanged it for a good refurbished one (which is still working after six years).

Now, I could see wanting a brand new replacement if a brand new one fails soon after you purchase it, but how long have you had your Nextbox 2.0 and was it new, or a refurbished one from Shopping Channel? I got a refurbished SA8300HD from Shopping Channel and it has a 2-year warranty (although I don't know how they could replace it if it failed because they don't have those anymore).  You probably have to check the fine print of your warranty to see if Rogers would replace it with a new unit or not.  It does not even look like Rogers offers the Nextbox 2.0 for sale or rent. The ones on Shopping Channel are refurbished.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OK listen up everyone who has NOT yet been infected with Navigatr.

I just got off the phone with Rogers.  I called in because a request I made a month ago to drop VIP cable package and go back to Basic still hadn't been made.  I made some sarcastic comment about Navigatr (she asked how I was doing and I said "fine as I haven't been infected with Navigatr yet") and she said "yes, I see you've refused Navigatr".  (I had called in the morning it was pushed out to those unfortunate souls and asked that my account be flagged so my PVR's not be updated with Navigatr).  I followed that up later in the conversation saying that I know in the past they were able to block the RTN update from customers who wanted to stay with SARA, and I guess you can do the same with Navigatr, and she said yes. 

At the end of the call I mentioned it yet again, saying "if Navigatr is pushed out to the Grand River area my boxes will NOT be updated, is that correct?"   She said "Yes".

SO - for everyone NOT yet infected, call in to Rogers and demand your account be flagged to NOT receive a Navigatr update. 

When you're satisfied at some future point that Rogers have addressed the Navigatr issues to your satisfaction you could call in again and request the block be removed.

I'm an Advisor

If they can do that, they can roll back those us already infected.

If we get the standard answer "we can't roll-back".

Then ask em to send a tech out with a USB stick to do a manual roll-back !

Highlighted

krap,

Possibily not.  It could be that changes made to the software during the update made changes to files etc. and there is no procedure to roll it back.  That said it SHOULD still be possible, with a complete factory reset, to go back.

Possibly swap your box at a Rogers store for one without Navigatr on it (should be any Rogers store in Toronto for example) and before you connect it to cable at home call in and demand the update not be rolled out to your new box.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @neilpalmer400

I can confirm that is not the case. Once we are ready to begin the Navigatr rollout to the remaining cities, Navigatr will be uploaded to all eligible equipment unabated.

RogersDarrell

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hello @neilpalmer400

I can confirm that is not the case. Once we are ready to begin the Navigatr rollout to the remaining cities, Navigatr will be uploaded to all eligible equipment unabated.

RogersDarrell

Strange (well, maybe not) that yet again Rogers support can't follow the same script, and there are yet again conflicting answers from different Rogers staff.

It seems especially troubling that I asked this question three times and was assured this was the case.

We DO know for a fact that in the past Rogers had the capability of blocking RTN updates to those running SARA who wanted to stay on SARA (though eventually RTN was forced on all but 8300's), so obviously this capability exists.

I'm an Advisor

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hello @neilpalmer400

RogersDarrell

Darnell:

That does not mean that it has to, though. 

There is a difference betweemn WON'T and CAN'T.  I hear WON'T.

What's it take to make this an option till Navigatr operates in in an acceptable manner ? 

Since Rogers has already shown that it can do different downloads for different folks,

just a few cliks in your database I would guess. 

Patiently waiting for the roll-back and one months total bill credit (so far) due to my infected PVRs.