New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Please don't insult the Chimps. They would have smashed the blasted thing  😄

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well the word is out on the street now.  The Toronto Star's Ellen Roseman (On Your Side) has written about this fiasco (and also mentioned the new billing and Android 5/AnyPlace TV app mess).

http://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2015/08/14/rogers-tv-upgrade-leads-to-headaches-ros...

Now I thought I had seen the worst in public relations from Rogers already on this, but a quote from Aaron Lazarus is the absolute worst statement I have seen from anyone at Rogers on this (though we all know how little there has been in the way of statements from Rogers, other than posts in the Community Forums). 

Aaron Lazarus had the nerve to say:

"the Navigatr upgrade didn’t lead to programs being erased. It was human error in using – or navigating – the new system."

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT - THEY ARE BLAMING CUSTOMERS FOR THE LOSS OF RECORDINGS !!

Now I don't know who Aaron Lazarus is, apart from apparently being a Rogers "spokesman", but isn't that the absolute height of arrogance - blame the customer ?

I didn't even think Rogers would stoop that low.

I was sadly mistaken.    Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm out of town and have no idea if this new update messed up my Nextbox 3.0. Is everyone having problems with this new download from last night or is it just a few "lucky" ones?
I Plan to Stick Around

Kudos to the people who got The Star to publish that info. Will it matter? We'll see.

I am one of those people who had their NB2 wiped. There was no user error. Turned it on and it was empty. Perhaps it should have never been turned on - new Rogers terms of use?

If the next update screws something up again, at least now the word is out and there will have to be some consequences at their HQ.

I'm an Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Well the word is out on the street now.  The Toronto Star's Ellen Roseman (On Your Side) has written about this fiasco (and also mentioned the new billing and Android 5/AnyPlace TV app mess).

http://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/2015/08/14/rogers-tv-upgrade-leads-to-headaches-ros...

Now I thought I had seen the worst in public relations from Rogers already on this, but a quote from Aaron Lazarus is the absolute worst statement I have seen from anyone at Rogers on this (though we all know how little there has been in the way of statements from Rogers, other than posts in the Community Forums). 

Aaron Lazarus had the nerve to say:

"the Navigatr upgrade didn’t lead to programs being erased. It was human error in using – or navigating – the new system."

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT - THEY ARE BLAMING CUSTOMERS FOR THE LOSS OF RECORDINGS !!

Now I don't know who Aaron Lazarus is, apart from apparently being a Rogers "spokesman", but isn't that the absolute height of arrogance - blame the customer ?

I didn't even think Rogers would stoop that low.

I was sadly mistaken.    Smiley Sad

Of course it always is the customer's fault. It says so in Rogers Terms of Service:

Here is the interesting part:

27. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law:
the Rogers Parties do not guarantee or warrant the
performance, availability, coverage, uninterrupted
use, security, pricing or operation of the Services, the
Equipment or any products, content, applications, services,
facilities, connections or networks used or provided by us
or third parties (collectively, the “Offering”);
You bear the entire risk as to the use, availability, reliability,
timeliness, quality, security and performance of the Offering;

To see for whole document:

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/About/TOS_En.pdf

Hi KWoo. No. The problem that iris42 described with a download yesterday seems to be only with her.

How long have you been out of town?

The major and massive unconscionable mess up occurred July 28th in the areas of Newmarket, Oshawa, Ajax, Brampton, Mississauga and Milton - when a significant number of NB2's (8642's) got their PVR's completely erased - including all recorded programs, and future scheduled recordings, and Favorite TV channels selected.

This was at the time of the push out to those areas of the Navigatr "upgraded" guide.

Other than that, many of us have had the USUAL frequent downloads. (It's been happening to me about once every two days - but it's probably more frequent with me because I've been having a MAJOR problem with my NB3 for 2 months now.
I Plan to Stick Around

@KWoo It seems to be selected people, although the last person I contacted said it wasn't 3.0s. They each say something different each time you talk to them, so there's no reason to believe any Rogers employee now.

I just got off the phone a few hours ago with someone from the Office of the President. He acknowledged they've had to do some damage control, and that the situation hasn't been handled correctly. Yup, no kidding! And through the conversation I loved the continuous use of the word 'acknowledge'... that way they get to say there's a problem, but technically no blame is placed squarely on them. 

-I was told that I can't get a new 3.0 because I have a 2.0 and exchanging/upgrading for free "isn't possible".

-I was also told that I can't just return the busted 2.0 and get a new 2.0 at a store because "they can't take the old one." (apparently the 'customer service' people in stores don't have hands) A technician has to come to bring a new 2.0 and take the old one.

-I was told that new updates, and any updates going forward, wouldn't delete recordings. HA! As if we're supposed to believe that.

My deal: I'm going to be getting a call back on Monday after the rep does some work, to get a discount of 30% for a year, and a new 2.0 PVR. But I will take it while I keep figuring out which Bell package I want.

I Plan to Stick Around

@billmcintyre

I left town early this morning but never thought to check the Nextbox before I left. I got the new Navigatr as well and have been managing my way through it. Thankfully I didn't lose any recordings.....all of my complaints are related to functionality, aesthetics, etc. However, I won't be impressed if the recordings don't work while I'm away!
Highlighted

KWoo: Rogers posted in this forum (or the thread about Navigatr Erased my Drive), I think yesterday, or the day before, that some NB2 owners are going to have their boxes erased again on Monday Aug 17th. This is to "fix" the problem caused earlier.

If you have a NB3 you won't be affected, and Rogers says only some NB2's will be erased (complete Factory Reset). I believe it is only the boxes that had been erased before that will be erased again.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Only time will tell. I wonder why I and I am sure most of us don't have a high level of confidence - scarcasm fully intended.

Bruce