New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Minor little quirky thing we have found.  When adjusting the volume from the Nextbox, there is a box in the top right corner that shows bars. If I look closely, I see that above the bars are the words volume and the percentage level in numbers.  This font is in black on the grey box, so you cannot read it with any dark background, and it can only be seen when the show behind has bright white image.  Just a weird one. I can see the bars at least, but just one more thing to be addressed, unless there is something on my end to deal with text colour.

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to share that Rogers seems to be listening. Last night I sent via the Rogers "Share A Concern" page the same concern that I posted in this forum, enumerating the problems with Navigatr and how I think it should be killed off due to serious missing and/or broken functionality.

Share A Concern page: https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=contactUsShareAConcern

This afternoon I received a call from Amanda in the Office of the President and she kindly let me know that Rogers is very aware of the problems that people are reporting with missing and/or broken functionality and that they are taking the feedback seriously. Unfortunately she wasn't able to advise me of what the resolution is going to be (which I think is fair; this JUST happened), but I really did get the sense that she (and Rogers in general) understands that beyond the lost content issue, there are serious issues with Navigatr.

I was also offered a little bit of compensation for my inconvenience, which I appreciated. While it won't convince me to put up with Navigatr in its current state forever, the offer of compensation suggests to me that Rogers realizes there are problems and wants people to hang in while they fix it. Time will tell what comes of this.

I just wish I could go back to the old software while they work it out - unfortunately not an option.

I'm an Enthusiast

OMG! This is one huge cockup! Why didn't they hire a few college students at minimum wage to test this thing before they inflicted it on the public? They would have told Rogers to go back to the drawing board. This is, sorry to say, crap! I'm seriously thinking of returning my PVR because it is just too much of a hassle the way it is now.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

shan-man,

My point is that it SHOULD be an option to go back to Navigatr 5.1 if you really wanted to, and Rogers wanted to co-operate.  In the past they could block a box from receiving formware updates (those who wanted to stay with SARA and not go to RTN, though eventually they forced RTN out to everyone) so they must have that capability of blocking firmware updates to selected boxes.  What if you swapped out your infected NextBox at a Rogers store (assuming it's a rental) for one that doesn't have Navigatr installed on it (though this may involve a trip to a Rogers store in a location where the contagion has not been released, like Toronto).  Rogers could block that box from receiving firmware updates.  Voila!  Back on RTN 5.1 and happy for a while.  (Of course with the price being losing whatever you've got recorded when you swap the box).

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Many are saying they'd rather ditch Navigatr and have the old RTN (5.1) back.

Just as a reminder of what we lost when RTN replaced SARA over 3 years ago check here:

https://gadgetscanada.wordpress.com/home-entertainment-gadgets/cable-tv/rogers-next-box-and-new-ipg-...

What is REALLY infuriating about the Navigatr update is Rogers simply spent valuable programming resources on putting a new skin on the same old RTN code, instead of fixing the outstanding bugs under the cover (that are STILL there in Navigatr) or giving us back some of the missing features we had with SARA and have been waiting well over 3 years to get back !!

I'm an Advisor

@shan-man wrote:

I just wanted to share that Rogers seems to be listening. Last night I sent via the Rogers "Share A Concern" page the same concern that I posted in this forum, enumerating the problems with Navigatr and how I think it should be killed off due to serious missing and/or broken functionality.

Share A Concern page: https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=contactUsShareAConcern

This afternoon I received a call from Amanda in the Office of the President and she kindly let me know that Rogers is very aware of the problems that people are reporting with missing and/or broken functionality and that they are taking the feedback seriously. Unfortunately she wasn't able to advise me of what the resolution is going to be (which I think is fair; this JUST happened), but I really did get the sense that she (and Rogers in general) understands that beyond the lost content issue, there are serious issues with Navigatr.

I was also offered a little bit of compensation for my inconvenience, which I appreciated. While it won't convince me to put up with Navigatr in its current state forever, the offer of compensation suggests to me that Rogers realizes there are problems and wants people to hang in while they fix it. Time will tell what comes of this.

I just wish I could go back to the old software while they work it out - unfortunately not an option.

Thanks shan-man.  Just applied for my comps !

Who says its not an option? An about to be fired Rogers VP? 

In the meantime looking forward to ALL us guinea pigs in the July 28 disaster being comped as well.

Comp suggestions:

Comp #1 - Return to old system and we will be try to forgive Rogers for this huge mistake.

Comp #2 - If Rogers insists on re-launching Naivgatr, please make your #1 priority changing the status of program being recorded to recorded as soon as it starts. That way it can be more easily found (top of the chrono list) and watched without going a long hunt to find it, then having to rewind to watch.  

Comp #3  - For those of us infected with the July 28 virus, please shower everyone with freebees often to keep us from Bellhopping.

Comp #4 - Immediatly fire the Exec/Management who let this fiasco happen, and more importantly let it continue to today and beyond !!! 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

SINCE ROGERS REALIZES THEY UNLEASHED A BOMB, WHY AREN'T THEY AUTOMATICALLY COMENSATING THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING WITH THE "NEW AND IMPROVED" NAVIGATR WITHOUT AN END IN SIGHT ???????????????????

I Plan to Stick Around

Agree. I would think compensation should be automatic for the first roll out customers. We shouldn't have to all contact Rogers individually. An earlier post mentions they got some compensation when they contacted the office of the president so why aren't we all being given the same?
I'm an Enthusiast

I just now accidentally deleted an episode of a series I've been recording because when I hit delete it took me back to the most recently recorded episode instead of the oldest. Why can't it just recognize which episode you've been watching as the one you want deleted? This was on the PBS station and won't be broadcast again so it's totally gone. I can't believe that someone who actually uses a PVR designed this User Interface. It's bloody horrible. Time to hit social media and complain to the world.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

re:

@1jakeyok wrote:

SINCE ROGERS REALIZES THEY UNLEASHED A BOMB, WHY AREN'T THEY AUTOMATICALLY COMENSATING THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING WITH THE "NEW AND IMPROVED" NAVIGATR WITHOUT AN END IN SIGHT ???????????????????

and

@jinx8910 wrote:
Agree. I would think compensation should be automatic for the first roll out customers. We shouldn't have to all contact Rogers individually. An earlier post mentions they got some compensation when they contacted the office of the president so why aren't we all being given the same?

I addressed this very thing last Tuesday when I spoke somone in the O of the P, and I believe I even used the word "cowardly" to: a) describe Rogers' decision to bury the "If you are having problems seeing your recordings on your PVR, please call Customer Care" notice online where the majority of existing customers will never look, rather than send an email out to ALL TV customers in the affected communities, and b) only personally contact those who complained, which we all know will not be everyone. I got a "You're right" (again) but the bottom line is an email blast still never came and the only people actually compensated were people who spoke up and complained, and the only people actually compensated with something "substantial" (subjective to the individual) had to fight/push/go to the next level in order to get it.

In my case, having refused the original ROD movie/token bill credit, and having not yet accepted the re-negotiated package I'd had to fight with E-Management for, I was pleasantly surprised when the O of the P person did the right thing and just came out and said "Here's what I'm going to do for you..". I was happy with what was offered (and it wasn't a NB3), and I don't "happy" easily, but I added, "That's me happy but what about everyone else?".

And by the way, when I say "happy" in that last sentence I mean "appeased".. as it uh, "made ammends". As we all know, the fact remains, Navigatr is still on my box and it is still a mess and will be for the foreseeable future - there are just too many issues to fix, quickly.

@Cap07 wrote:

I just now accidentally deleted an episode of a series I've been recording because when I hit delete it took me back to the most recently recorded episode instead of the oldest.

As we'd had to find lost series recordings online, we'd been catching up using a console-based media player ever since Launch Day and hadn't had the opportunity to experience many of the Navigatr bugs that had been identified here. On Thursday, we'd caught up to the first of the series' recordings on the PVR (dated Tuesday 28th). I was especially wary of the issue you described, so when the epidode finished, I did my utmost to avoid it. I saw exactly what everyone had been talking about, and exercised caution and hit [DOWN] repeatedly to get the recording that said "Watched" by it, then hit "Delete" and "Yes".

It STILL deleted the wrong one! It deleted the Wed 29th episode.

Despite calls of "You deleted the wrong one!" from around the room, I was able to prove I was not crazy by showing them that none of the Recordings still present said "Watched" beside them.