New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 8

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

So Rogers can't use the words Roll Back because Walmart has trademarked the term.  That is hilarious!!!! Perhaps you can't advertise using those specific words in a promotion because of the trademark, however, I am sure you can use the words to describe a change in direction....lowercase of course....I am still laughing about their answer. Smiley Very Happy


@neilpalmer400 wrote:
@. wrote:

@RogersDarrell wrote:

 

 

Hey Community,

 

Stay tuned for Thursday's Blog, where we will post the updated roll out schedule for the Navigatr guide.

 

 

RogersDarrell


 

 

I am looking forward to the ROLL BACK schedule for my area !

 


 

krap,

 

They'll claim they can't Roll Back because Walmart has that trademarked.    Smiley Frustrated


 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 3,365

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@jinx8910

 

Here is a screenshot of where you can find our Blog and links on the Community Home Page now in real time.

 

BlogOnHomePage.png

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 9

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Hi Darrell

 

Thank you and thank you to your colleagues for trying to 'Navigatr' your way through our frustrations (pardon the pun, but I could not resist).

 

I think this community wants to know a few basic things that should be easy for Rogers to answer:

 

1. Has anyone catalogued all of the issues (which are astronomical) and passed them to the software developers?

2. What is going to be fixed with this 'Navigatr upgrade' and when?

3. When are all the other issues going to be fixed?

4. Did any executive at Rogers ever see/read this blog and if so, what prevented them from responding to us and the silent majority?

5. What should we expect as recompense for our heartache (despite still paying $$$ on a monthly basis for an inferior product)?

6. When will an Exec respond to the people on this blog who have beta tested your 'upgrade' for free and pointed out the numerous flaws?

7. What will Rogers do in the future to avoid such a debacle?

8. Has anyone told the CEO, or is this hidden from him?

9. Please explain to us who tested this 'upgrade', when and the conclusions from that test.

10. If point 9 (above) stated that all was 'good', some people need to get on Workopolis, Monster and LinkedIn because they have great job search engines ......... unlike my 'recorded/recording shows engine'.

 

The silence from Rogers executives is deafening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 5

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Well finally got the word that they can't fix our issue and there is no chance to retrieve any pre-recorded programs prior to Navigatr.  So was told to trade in the netbox 2.0 for a 3.0 at no upcharge ( not the quote $24.95) from customer care employee .   So when I got to the store, the kid says, no record of this, we will have to bill you the $24.95 and I'll have to sort out the earlier promise!  Got the new box, and called, and they said yes, we will honour that promise.  Sounds good, until I go to check out MYrogers to verify, and get the unable to retrieve your details chat with customer care for assistance.  So for about the 10th time in the last week it's on to support.  Found out that if you make a change to your account, it may take up to a month before you can access your account online!!  What kind of a company is this!!!  So all I have is some guys word that this is all correct (my account) and I'll have to wait for a bill to confirm this!!

I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 153

Re: New Nextbox Navigator


@Scraps wrote:
I think this community wants to know a few basic things that should be easy for Rogers to answer:

 

1. <SNIP>

9. Please explain to us who tested this 'upgrade', when and the conclusions from that test.

10. If point 9 (above) stated that all was 'good', some people need to get on Workopolis, Monster and LinkedIn because they have great job search engines ......... unlike my 'recorded/recording shows engine'.

 

The silence from Rogers executives is deafening!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

All good questions.

 

Regarding #9, in my conversation yesterday (see Msg#193), I was told that Navigatr was "beta tested" by employees (which was first revealed last week by the Omudsperson Kim Walker) AND (new info) by "a small group of end users". At my prompting, he admitted that "perhaps they didn't do a very good job".

I'm an Advisor
Posts: 480

Re: New Nextbox Navigator


@maxallan wrote:

Well finally got the word that they can't fix our issue and there is no chance to retrieve any pre-recorded programs prior to Navigatr.  So was told to trade in the netbox 2.0 for a 3.0 at no upcharge ( not the quote $24.95) from customer care employee .   So when I got to the store, the kid says, no record of this, we will have to bill you the $24.95 and I'll have to sort out the earlier promise!  Got the new box, and called, and they said yes, we will honour that promise.  Sounds good, until I go to check out MYrogers to verify, and get the unable to retrieve your details chat with customer care for assistance.  So for about the 10th time in the last week it's on to support.  Found out that if you make a change to your account, it may take up to a month before you can access your account online!!  What kind of a company is this!!!  So all I have is some guys word that this is all correct (my account) and I'll have to wait for a bill to confirm this!!


Sorry to hear about your account verification issues, but thanks for the good news.

Trading in ALL NB2s for NB3s is a a great idea if the company is really  going ahead with the Navigatr. 

I usually spell it Navigatr or Navigator, but the NB2 is a far worse machine than the new software that can't even run on it.  Its CPU is underpowered or it has too little memory, or likely both. That can't be fixed.

 

I'll be lined up at the Rogers Store tomorow ready to hand in my PURCHASED NB2.

 

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,508

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@. wrote:


Trading in ALL NB2s for NB3s is a a great idea if the company is really  going ahead with the Navigatr. 

I usually spell it Navigatr or Navigator, but the NB2 is a far worse machine than the new software that can't even run on it.  Its CPU is underpowered or it has too little memory, or likely both. That can't be fixed.

 

I'll be lined up at the Rogers Store tomorow ready to hand in my PURCHASED NB2.

 


You can only upgrade your rented NB2 to a NB3 and pay a higher monthly fee. Purchased boxes are your own problem.  However, maybe if you have a purchased NB2 that's still in warranty, that has now been rendered useless by the firmware, I wonder if that would qualify?

 

One of my early suggestions was for Rogers to replace all the NB2s out there with NB3s as compensation for the devastation.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor
Posts: 480

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Your suggestion is great.

 

Replacing all NB2s might be the ONLY way that Rogers can move ahead with Navigator.

 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 304

Re: New Nextbox Navigator


@krap wrote:

Sorry to hear about your account verification issues, but thanks for the good news.

Trading in ALL NB2s for NB3s is a a great idea if the company is really  going ahead with the Navigatr. 

I usually spell it Navigartor , but the NB2 is a far worse machine than the new software that can't even run on it.  Its CPU is underpowered or it has too little memory, or likely both. That can't be fixed.

 

I'll be lined up at the Rogers Store tomorow ready to hand in my PURCHASED NB2.

 


 

Underpowered for a box capable of only two concurrent recordings the 8642 certainly is, but the 9865 is also underpowered for a box SUPPOSEDLY capable of 8 concurrent recordings.

And something the 8642 can do that the 9865 apparently can't, is START A RECORDING ON TIME !

My 8642 always starts things like CTV National News & CTV News Kitchener exactly on time.  The 9865 at best seems to eb able to manage about 10 seconds late (when scheduled to record the exact same program), and is often 30 to 75 seconds late in starting a recording if it happens to be busy doing anything else (and one of those things it may be doing is something we, the end user, have no control over - media shrink sessions).

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,508

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Yes, I suppose the NB3 is as underpowered handling 8 recordings as the NB2 is handling two. I have an SA8300HD and hardly ever wish I could record more than 2 shows at once because I use timeshift in those cases. I also don't have any of the problems you guys are having. In my opinion, recording 8 shows only encourages hoarding and clutter. Smiley Very Happy


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario