New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Problem with recording on new Navigatr

I recorded a show last night and am attempting to watch it today. When I finally manage to find it in the "Recordings" section, I select the recorded show, hit "Watch" and get an "Undefined" message in a pop up. I have three different boxes and this message appears on all three boxes. If I attempt to delete the show or cancel any future recordings (assuming there is a "bug" in the initial recording set up), the box freezes and has to be physically unplugged and plugged back in. Again, this is happening on all three boxes.

I have now shut down all boxes at least four times and keep having the same error. Rather than continuing to do the same thing and hoping for a different result (isn't that the definition of insanity?), I'm wondering if anyone on here has any other suggestions? I know if I call Rogers, I'll be told to reboot and when that doesn't work, a suggestion to either have a tech come out to investigate or, alternatively, switch the box for a new one will be the next "solution". I have time for neither.

Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@KWoo wrote:

Problem with recording on new Navigatr

I recorded a show last night and am attempting to watch it today. When I finally manage to find it in the "Recordings" section, I select the recorded show, hit "Watch" and get an "Undefined" message in a pop up. I have three different boxes and this message appears on all three boxes. If I attempt to delete the show or cancel any future recordings (assuming there is a "bug" in the initial recording set up), the box freezes and has to be physically unplugged and plugged back in. Again, this is happening on all three boxes.

I have now shut down all boxes at least four times and keep having the same error. Rather than continuing to do the same thing and hoping for a different result (isn't that the definition of insanity?)

There's a new definition of insanity:  Believing that Rogers will listen to their customers and abandon this disaster.

An alternate definition: Remaining a Rogers customer after they force feed you Navigatr against your expressed wishes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Other than sit here exasperated what can we actually do?    I have written more comments than ever in my life but  'IT DOES NOT MAKE ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE".

No one is listening and after reading the comments above it makes you want to scream.

No one of any importance at Rogers reads this - especially as they are all away at the cottage where there is no cable.

@Jack22 wrote:

Other than sit here exasperated what can we actually do?    I have written more comments than ever in my life but  'IT DOES NOT MAKE ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE".

No one is listening and after reading the comments above it makes you want to scream.

No one of any importance at Rogers reads this - especially as they are all away at the cottage where there is no cable.

Well, one could HOPE that all the Rogers bigwigs took an extended long weekend and have been out of the office incommunicado (they all have Rogers wireless) since Thursday (when they might have heard there was a "minor" issue with the Navigatr rollout as they headed off to their cottages to watch movies on their Bell Satellite TV all weekend), and now they will all arrive back at their desks 9am Tuesday (10am ?  11am?) to several thousand emails and voicemails about Navigatr. 

Then I'm sure they will immediately cancel the entire Navigatr project, have RTN 5.1 repackaged as RTN 5.3 and "updated" to all the areas affected with RTN 5.2, and automatically credit ALL affected customers with a 100% credit on their Cable TV services (100% of what they were paying as on July 28, D for Disaster Day) for 6 months as compensation.

(Believe me, it will be cheaper than losing thousands of additional customers, and the cost of hiring all the additional reps they will need to handle the call volumes of Navigatr complaints if this continues).

And if you believe that will happen I've got some swampland for sale in Florida. 

Very easy to navigatr in an air boat.

PS - There's a reason I changed my avatar to a Dalek.

They offer the only known cure to the Navigatr virus.

EXTERMINATE   EXTERMINATE   EXTERMINATE

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

More issues with this release:
1) Using "Delete All" will delete the scheduled items as well as the schedule.
2) Manage Recording "Save filter settings" does not!
3) The old navigator would categrorize all shows with the same tittle together regardless if recorded under series.
4) Using "Info" button when watching a recorded program will pause playback. Who would'a thought "Exit" would take you back. Maybe, we could return to the old style, bottom of screen?
5) Scheduled recrodings listed with recorded items. What are they thinking?
6) No option anywhere to filter items ie: pay per-view, from displayed items.

As for the UI concerns, if a tutorial is required to use it, then, the design is faulty. It may be true some things do need this, however, most should not.
You would think someone would have learned from Microsoft's Office err with toolbar and resist move to less customization.

Well, Tuesday morning here in Waterloo (Grand River) and I can confirm I still have the old red ,white & grey look of RTN 5.1.1.0105 - not 50 Shades of Grey.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi people,

FYI- Just wanted to let people know the latest I've heard. The Rogers Help twitter account just told me that

"There should be another update being pushed out by the 11th. Which should hopefully fix the issues."

It'll be interesting to see if that actually does anything, AND if they let their customers know its' coming, rather than all of us having to figure stuff out on our own and search for answers.

I'm still switching to Bell, but hopefully this will potentially fix other people's problems!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just got off the phone with Tech Support (who'd left a msg yesterday requesting I call them) and I used the opportunity to ask, "As far as you're aware, as of this very moment, have new Navigatr rollouts been postponed?"

ANSWER: "I believe they've been put on hold for 1 week, as they fix some of the issues that they became aware of".

The above few messages support that.

So that brings me back to the telephone conversation with E-Management that I had Friday afternoon in which I was told rollout was restarted and NOT going to stop. If his information was not correct, then obviously that's not good for a number of reasons. Or, was his explanation correct as of Friday afternoon -- but subsequent, he or some other staffer finally got the message through?

I'd *like* to think the latter is what happened, but suspect his department, which has the power to control the message, just didn't have the right message. After all, while they might be able to fix the drive-wiping issue and correct a few other minor bugs (PIN lockout, first-run settings, likely), the Navigatr interface has other serious flaws that ought to be addressed before rollout continues, and that's just not going to happen in the span of a few days.

@theClubHopper wrote:

I just got off the phone with Tech Support (who'd left a msg yesterday requesting I call them) and I used the opportunity to ask, "As far as you're aware, as of this very moment, have new Navigatr rollouts been postponed?"

ANSWER: "I believe they've been put on hold for 1 week, as they fix some of the issues that they became aware of".

The above few messages support that.

So that brings me back to the telephone conversation with E-Management that I had Friday afternoon in which I was told rollout was restarted and NOT going to stop. If his information was not correct, then obviously that's not good for a number of reasons. Or, was his explanation correct as of Friday afternoon -- but subsequent, he or some other staffer finally got the message through?

I'd *like* to think the latter is what happened, but suspect his department, which has the power to control the message, just didn't have the right message. After all, while they might be able to fix the drive-wiping issue and correct a few other minor bugs (PIN lockout, first-run settings, likely), the Navigatr interface has other serious flaws that ought to be addressed before rollout continues, and that's just not going to happen in the span of a few days.

Sounds like they are going to charge blindly ahead into the Valley Of Fewer Customers.

They are going to force feed us Navigatr one way or another, regardless of what we, the PAYING CUSTOMER, wants.

Maybe some of these guys worked at Guantanamo Bay ?   Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

After 30 plus years with Rogers, phone, Internet, TV I think I'll give them a couple more days. If things don't change, I move all services to Bell. I would have thought that at the very least Rogers could send their customers an email explaining the issues. If not for this Forum, I would still be in the dark. Rogers has till end of this week.,this is my first time here. Thank you for bringing issues to light.