New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

We don't want a guide or help to get used to this latest disaster, we simply want it GONE!! Just admit your mistakes, revert back to what wasn't in need of change and be done with it!
I'm Here A Lot

I am with you on that Highway to Bell...after 20 years with Rogers if this issue isn't rectified IMMEDIATELY I will be switching EVERYTHING to Bell Fibe TV!!!
I'm Here A Lot

Oh, just a couple of other problems. The PVR controls are now extremely laggy. And to voice the problem of scheduled recordings, really??? Who ever came up with the solution of "Let's cram everything into one spot and make it extremely difficult to find anything???".
I've Been Around

While there are some neat enhancements to the new Guide, there are a couple of very obvious, and I suspect easy to fix shortcomings, including:

1. The choice and number of colors used are blinding.  The normal rule of thumb for  web page design is to use only 3 colors.  This Guide, which can be considered a web page for my TV, uses at least seven... including four different shades of grey.  Black and White provides an easy-to-read contrast.  Introducing multiple shades of grey makes for less contrast and more difficulty in reading.
  2. The vertical progress bar is a great example of using technology for the sake of technology.  I already know what time it is based on the clock on my box and I can figure out how far I am into a show without the vertical bar cluttering up the screen and introducing yet another of the grey shades.
  3. Most importantly... the old guide let me "Set a Reminder" just as easily and at it's appointed time it would alert me to the fact that the Channel I selected would be coming on within 1 minute.  After the alert, if I didn't respond, it would take me to that channel without me having to do anything.  The new guide alerts me in a similar way, but forces me to take action by clicking either the  "Watch Now" or "Dismiss" button.  If I don't it click the "Watch Now" button, which is the default, it leaves me on the original channel I was on.  I like to program shows in advance and then let the Guide automatically start the shows I have set up as reminders.  It is a neat way to set up an evening's viewing schedule.  If I stepped away or was distracted, the old Guide would follow my instructions and take me to the selected channel.  With the new guide, if I fail to click the "Watch Now" action for whatever reason, and I can't remember what channel I selected as a reminder, I have to go looking for it again.  So the new Guide forces to to manually select the "Watch Now" choice or if I fail to do that, search for my selection again.This is a huge step backwards in terms of ease of use.

Roger's promise of continuously improving their TV service is encouraging and hopefully they will take constructive criticism into mind when making improvements.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just curious, since I don't have a Nextbox or Navigatr, doesn't the "*" button on the bemote no longer work fpr search, reminders and setting recordings?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

rgoossens,

Rogers are an entertainment company, maybe they're trying to keep us entertained by introducing a new version of Where's Waldo.  Where's my recordings !

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Debinacorms,

It's time for Rogers to eat crow on this and admit it was a mistake, that they released code that wasn't ready for prime time (heck, this code isn't even ready for a 4am time slot on a Sunday morning), and revert to Navigatr 5.1 (even if they have to repackage it as Navigatr 5.3 in order to get it to replace the RTN 5.2 disaster).

Then Ron Perrotta (Senior Vice President Marketing, Residential Services - the one whose name was on the bottom of the propaganda sheet they mailed out a week or two ago promoting this wonderful new Navigatr and therefore presumably the executive ultimately responsible for Navigatr) should do the honorable thing and resign.  He probably has too much invested in this to admit he was wrong and abandon it, so the only solution may be for Rogers to appoint new blood to that position.  Someone so far uncontaminated with the Navigatr virus.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I'm watching a movie last night. I'm halfway through. My husband comes in and says what is this about? I hit info. When I hit exit the movie starts from the beginning.

Another consequence of this debacle. The website is so overwhelmed I can't view my bills. Perfect since the email that I get and the bill on the website have different due dates and I have been burned twice on interest charges for not paying on time. Every week I get mailings from Bell begging me to switch cable to them. Looking good about now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone at Rogers,

Let's look at this from another perspective.  Imagine that about a year ago you purchased a new vehicle with a navigation system.  Last week you took the vehicle in for service and an inspection.  You pick up the vehicle, and they tell you that they have updated the navigation system.  Now when you go to the map, instead of showing you where you are it shows you one of the addresses you were before.  It now mixes up your address history with your saved favorites.  You can no longer search for an address to go to.  All the text is smaller and harder to read.  The time to destination is now time to get to somewhere else.  You go back to the dealer, and they tell you to get used to it.  Would you think this is acceptable?

I Plan to Stick Around

I constantly have the same problem about hitting the Info button and being taken back to the start of the show.

However, after reading all these horror stories, I feel fortunate that the 'UPGRADE' (really?) has not deleted my recordings, not failed to record my scheduled programs and not left me without any TV. I should be thankful that my eyesight is ok and that my blood pressure has some room for an increase! I also have some soft toys that have taken several beatings recently that has lowered said pressure. It is extremely easy for Rogers to contact its TV subscribers and apologise, then tell us what is being done to fix things and when. If nothing else, move us back to the previous software!