New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Thank you all so much for providing us with your feedback in regards to the Nextbox Navigatr.

We genuinely do appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with us.

They have been brought to the attention of the appropriate department. We are grateful that you let us know how you feel about the changes we are bringing, as it helps us improve the overall experience for all our customers.

We will update the Community with articles to help you get used to your new interactive guide.

Stay tuned! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Why not just do away with Navigatr altogether. Does anything about this disaster deserved to be kept?

Actually, the guides to use the new Navigatr have been posted. 

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/search?scope=global&term=navigatr

The guides are only as good as the new Navigatr is and that is not very good!

I'm Here A Lot

Those "guides" are rather useless when the Settings menu doesn't exist.
I've Been Here Awhile

I guess a fix is on the way in the next couple of days if what they tell you is correct.  One has to wonder how this mess happened.  Terrible terrible decision.

I Plan to Stick Around

So far, that is all that Rogers has on offer -- more 'guides' and videos. I'm sure you are following instructions on how to respond, but additional assurances that we'll just *love* the new guide/software once we are able to wrap our tiny brains around it is just not going to fly. Please don't tell us that again. It's insulting.

And unless some meaningful changes are made based on those comments, you won't be 'helping to improve the

overall experience for all [y]our customers'.

Also, I would venture to guess that there are quite a few people who will *not* be 'staying tuned', since there are other options available.

If you (Rogers, that is) don't do something drastic to try and retrieve the situation, i.e. putting back the previous interface, while doing a complete redesign and revamp of the current, interesting choice of software, I would expect serious TV subscriber loss in the not-too-distant future.

I suggest you tell the responsible executive(s), who need to get the message, that we are interested in:

1) an immediate solution -- put back the old software (if you still want to update the guide, get some professionals this time, and test the bejeezuz out of it on all your hardware)

2) a comprehensive explanation as to how such an inept software design could be implemented, obviously with zero actual, real-world testing, or any kind of user feedback

(I mean, seriously -- how much time was spent on the software, compared to the 2-3 days it took users to identify the *many* *serious* flaws?)

3) how the rollout could possibly be re-started once the initial feedback started coming in

4) what Rogers plans to do to prevent a recurrence

5) what Rogers plans to do to compensate its customers for the annoyance and loss of functionality

You mention 'the appropriate department'. It would be interesting to us to know which department that is, since I am sure there are many fine, competent individuals who work at Rogers who are not in that department. It would also be very interesting to know the fate of the individuals involved in such a fiasco, if for no other reason than to have some assurance that management is sensible enough to hold the responsible people accountable.

If I had any guts, I'd short Rogers stock on Monday.

You obviously need some people to help you with the re-design, and luckily for you, there appear to be a number of forum responders who could probably do an excellent job. I expect there will be some job openings shortly -- looks like a win-win.

Regards,

Mr. A

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you completely out of your mind?????   You have referred all of the thousands of concerns of, we the paying customer, to the APPROPRIATE department.     You hope we will learn to use the interactive guide in the future. 

Have you and the "Senior Management" not heard one single word of our concerns.   We do not want to use the useless interactive guide, we want a fix and as we are paying for this service I do not feel I should have to keep wasting my time calling technical support or writing to this forum as it is quite obvious you are NOT LISTENING to any one of us.

Arrogance at its best.

Also, wonder why, the Ombudsman service has shut down.  Even they can't keep up with the complaints.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MESS!!!!!!!

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

Now you have me laughing! Do you really expect Rogers to actually consult their customers? As long I have been a Rogers customer, it is Rogers Way or the Highway!

Johhny, I presume that would be the Highway To Bell  (with apologies to AC/DC).

I predict heavy traffic on that route.

Highlighted

Navigatr has to be one of the biggest miscalculations since Eve reached for an apple instead of a diet coke.

How are you going to help the visually impaired, those with poor eyesight, those who can't read a white font on a grey background?  Is Rogers going to treat all its customers to Lasik surgery to give us 20/20 vision (though we may need 20/10 vision to see the ridiculous font that was chosen), then top it off with free 100" 4K TV's for everyone?

No?  Didn't think so.  So how about giving us back the previous 5.1 RTN version - which IS possible despite what Rogers claim on the Navigatr FAQ web pages.

I Plan to Stick Around

OK, now I'm actually shaking angry.  How dare Rogers cripple a product that I PAID FOR in good faith, and then simply state that I now have to "get used to" it.  NO! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!  I hereby demand and require that MY PRODUCT immediately be returned to its prior functioning state.  NOW!

I'm Here A Lot

I agree whole heartedly, just scrap this mess all together and revert back to the previous guide! Just admit you failed miserably, apologize and let us get back to enjoying TV again.