New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Thanks rog, but it's not the device.  Replacing the box wouldn't make a difference according to Rogers.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who has this issue.  As for the credit, your darn tootin' I'm going to call for an credit, lol. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Blondie11 wrote:

Thanks rog, but it's not the device.  Replacing the box wouldn't make a difference according to Rogers.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who has this issue.  As for the credit, your darn tootin' I'm going to call for an credit, lol. 

So that would indicate that the boxes Rogers has on the shelf are already "updated" and won't work (not likely), or else the NAVIGATR roll-out is still in the pipeline and not cancelled, and the box would get zapped as soon as it's on line.

Then again, if swapping the box for a fresh one would solve the problem, Rogers would not want anyone to know that, or they'd be swamped with people wanting to swap their boxes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

Richm3t asked “What were you thinking ?”.

I think the more relevant question is “What were you smoking ?”

No one could consider this an enhancement or improvement unless they were stoned.

Could be, the guide and blue boxes when you change channels look quite mellow!

I'm an Advisor

@Blondie11 wrote:

Sounds like the only way for Rogers  to fix things is to give you a NB3 for your NB2 !

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The Navigatr web page still says:

"The new NavigatrTM guide and PVR enhancements on your NextBoxTM make searching, managing, and recording your favourites faster and easier!"

This is blatantly untrue, ESPECIALLY as regards MANAGING your recordings, and needs to be removed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Found a solution for some to save your sanity when it comes to working with your recordings.

If you can run the android or iphone app called the home edition, (used to be available on PC, but is not anymore), you can access your online menu (old style), and you can access your PVR recordings and yeh, you see a wonderfully simple list, scroll up and down, you can basically use your phone, or tablet or chrome box, as your remote.

For now, it is saving my sanity over this change. I could create the step by step or even video tutorials, but what I would like to see the people who do this, have them sit with a "real" user with concerns, listen to them, and learn just how akward and difficult and how some things can't even be done anymore. As I said, I could do the step by step, but it is convuluted that it is like the one I did earlier, long, confusing, and huge number of steps to do what we used to do in one or two.  And by the way, I do know how to document steps for users and do videos. I used to program and part of our job was to provide user documentation that was tested on users before it was rolled out.

No user should ever have to figure out how to use a new interface on their own. Education and support belongs to the provider, and is not the job of the user. We pay a lot of money for these services.  If I rolled out a model like this to a customer, I wouldn't be working very long. I would have lost my reputation for good customer development to meet customer needs on this one alone. The customer has long memories and often are not very forgiving. As they shouldn't be, they pay dearly for the service.

So if you have the home edition do use it, shows that the underlying structure of how the box works the same as it did before, it is just a change in UI on the box.

And final note, could someone acknowledge from Rogers that they heard the issues, are addressing them, and as a first, change that font.  I know you need to figure the nextbox 2 issues before you roll out further, but you have time to review and fix it all. There is no hurry. Once the nextbox 2 users get the same issues we nextbox 3 users have, they will join in I am sure.

BS

I Plan to Stick Around

Excellent points made by BS. I have the Nextbox 3 and this software 'upgrade' is the most dismal failure since DeLorean produced a car. The so called 'Navigatr' lets you do anything but navigate your favourites, recordings or scheduled recordings. Firstly, when using the 'Fav' button, I look for the channel title and not the channel number. However, the number is the most prominent part. In the previous software version, although not optimal and quite slow, I could look at my recordings by title or date (not anymore). With a simple second click of the 'List' button I could easily see my scheduled recordings, again by date or title (alphabetically) but not anymore! None of my recordings are listed in a manner that I can easily navigate. I used to be able to highlight a recording and read the details about that show. Now it is a laboured process!!!! Did Rogers carry out any sort of market testing or focus group to get feedback? To coin a phrase, 'what a train wreck'. By the way, I know that nobody likes change, but if that change is for the better, people quickly come around to it. I happen to be a telecomms engineer and a tech geek but I cannot fathom why Rogers forced this on its loyal customers. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK OR CHANGE IT FOR THE BETTER!

I Plan to Stick Around

Nice one. My sentiments exactly. Take a look at my comments under Scraps.
I'm Here A Lot

Aside from NOT being easier to read, the new software has the following deficiencies - at least on my NB3:

- the Search function doesn't work. Says nothing can be loaded, and then gives me suggestions from the PPV

- the recorded program gives you no information as to what channel number you recorded it on, time recorded, or length of program

- the upcoming scheduled program only tells you the day it is being recorded. Not the channel or time.

These are things even an inexperienced programmer should have picked up on.  Not to mention the geniuses at Rogers that said "go ahead, roll it out".

I've Been Around

Anyone else been experiencing a crazy amount of random automatic reboots?  My NB2 has been randomly rebooting for the past week a few times to several times per day.  Manual resets or reauthorizing from myrogers account have sorted this out.  I just haven't been bothered to spend and hour waiting for tech support, for them to tell me to do another reset.  Is this an issue any else is having with Navigatr?

Also last night watching a recorded program, controls got excessively laggy, fast forwarded way past commercials - like 45 minutes through a movie.  Kinda spoils the plot - "oh so I guess that guy dies..." 

And of course many of the same complaints others have with navigatr.