New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

New Nextbox Navigator

My wife was just moving through the new navigator and has the following questions, concerns.

The first screens for the guide are fine, but the fonts are a bit small, even on a 46 inch TV. We are all getting old, let's not forget us.

In the section for listing and managing recordings, the boxes cut off the full names of the shows, don't show dates, would rather have option of old list style with all details right in one spot.

When looking at multiple shows, you have to go to each listed show recorded, but there is no reference to the date until you highlight the show. Then this highlighted information on the show is even smaller and I have almost perfect vision after my cataract surgury, and I can barely read it. My wife can't read it at all. You do have the date on the top right that is in a bigger font, but the show information is almost unreadable and my 24 year old daughter who just came in also comment that it is almost unreadable.

Is there an option for increasing font size and changing to a list view rather than the boxes on the list of the recordings page. Don't like the box feature or the way the contents view at all for the above reasons. See little or benefit for this change.

Otherwise, I am kind of indifferent to the new layout, but do like some features.  I will probably turn off the banner across the bottom off in settings. I can get the same information from the guide.

Yes, there is a bit of getting used to change, but some of this change seems to be change for the sake of change. I do like that it takes less clicking to move around though, it just the display formats and font sizes that are creating legitimate problems for my family.

BS

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

"Is there an option for increasing font size "

In short, no.

I'm Here A Lot

.... but the good news is, "it's been extensively tested" .... by chimpanzees!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@cboiani wrote:

.... but the good news is, "it's been extensively tested" .... by chimpanzees!

One with a sarcastic wit might point out a chimp would have caught more bugs.......

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got a letter in the mail notifying me of the change.  Are they doing the roll out in small groups at a time?  My TV is still displaying the old guide.

I'm Here A Lot

Tonight we got the new Navigatr Guide.  Unbelievable that Rogers got rid of the old system for this piece of crap! 

Here are my issues:

1) Font size too small

2) Recorded programs: (a) what's with the large boxes?  (b) It shows lets say 4 episodes for a show, but when you go in it there is only one and 3 scheduled. (c) you can't tell how long a show is until you go into the folder.

3) After watching a show, it automatically puts you at the next show in the folder.  After you watch, you usually want to delete that show, not see the next one.

4) Searching still sucks.  I search for a show by the exact name and nothing comes up, but if I look in the guide, it's there and I can record it. 

This is just from tonight, I'm sure there will be more issues as I use it more.

Seriously, what is wrong with this company?!!

I've Been Around

Lucky me!

New Navigatr was pushed down today!!!

Good-bye to everything on the PVR and all my programmed recordings!

Hello Parental Controls screen-lock, EVERYTIME on start-up!

Annnnnd, selected channels are defaulted to Described Video! (whee!)

Yes, I can turn it off, ONE CHANNEL AT A TIME!

Boy, do I love change! (sigh!)

I'm Here A Lot

I have a few issues with this update.

1) Unable to view list of scheduled recordings by date. This is my default especially at beginning of week when I add programs to record. This I do only once. So, to accomplish the same now, I would need to visit each item in recordings to determine which are not set.

2) Recorded items also cannot be listed by recorded date without bunching on series items. My preference is to view recorded items in order they were recorded. This is very awkward with this new format.

3) No easy way to get to bottom of recorded item list. hmmm, what problem was decided with page up, down and up/down arrows.

4) Return to top of series list when done watching program. What were the programmers thinking? As was said, once finnished watching, we like to delete!

5) Oh yes, page and arrows no work anywhere in recordings.

Perhaps it would be done that we once again are able to view Recorded/Scheduled items with the same selections we once had (Date, Title, Channel). This would allow us to more easily manage our recordings and scheduled items. As it is now, I cannot find any way to remove a scheduled program that no longer is airing.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@senordd wrote:

I just got a letter in the mail notifying me of the change.  Are they doing the roll out in small groups at a time?  My TV is still displaying the old guide.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/412

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing

Looks like at the bottom of this page (in yellow)

They are STOPING the roll out, till they can get the NB2 issues resolved.