New Channel guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

New Channel guide

How do you all like the new channel guide? The only way to search by show type (i.e. drama) is to enter that criteria one letter at a time, then scrolling through the results, waiting for each screen to load. And, for icing on the cake, as you scroll, you don't see any info on the program. I dug out my old HD box and it's OK, but it's time to check out another supplier.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Channel guide

On that initial screen, no it doesnt show anything on the show as a whole, as that is not data generaly that is available, via the guide.
once you break it down futher, to the show episodes it self, it does show the info on that episode, etc.

Which box do you have?  Search can be slow on some of the boxes, but with the new nexbox 3.0 PVR its MUCH faster.

From what i remember/seen, not sure if any of the other tv providers offer what you are looking for, but worth a look around to see if one does.

(i dont think in the 10+ years of owning a digital box, i have ever searched/filtered via that method, show type, so doesnt really effect me i guess 🙂 )

I've Been Here Awhile

It is the way I always search for shows to watch. If, for example, I feel like watching a cop show, I like to scroll through all drama shows. I tend to watch different types of shows at different times. I know I am not the only one to feel this way, as one of my daughters has already called to cancel her service, going to Fibe, and the other 2 will do the same shortly, unless changes are made. I really can't understand how anyone made such a drastic change without thinking it would p!ss off a whole lot of people. When there were 20 or so channels, I didn't mind channel surfing, but there's no way this boy is scrolling through some 500 channels.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I wish the Search function even WORKED! Judging from the number of messages here I'm not the only one suffering this. Enter two or more characters on a search and a 'not found' error comes up. THIS does not work:

You can search 7 days of TV Listings in advanced using an on-screen keyboard and your remote. You are no longer required to Browse by Channel, Title (First Letter) or Theme. Easily navigate up to 7 days in the guide info by using the B button on your Rogers remote to access the new Calendar feature and selecting the day you wish to see program listings for. Search is also available from any screen by pressing the * key on your remote. It will populate a list of search results immediately after you enter at least two letters in the search screen.

To access Advanced Search:

1. Press * button from any screen to display the on screen keyboard. Search may also be accessed by pressing Menu, selecting the Applications tab, selecting Search and pressing OK/SELECT.
  2. Enter your search term using arrow buttons on the remote and pressing OK/SELECT. Once you have entered at least 2 letters, search results will appear and include the program title, format (HD/SD), date and time. Programs with more than one episode will appear in folders.
  3. To see program information, select it from the results and the title and episode name (if applicable), long description, channel rating, duration, date and time will display in the bottom left corner.
  4. For more options, press OK/SELECT and you will be able to tune to the channel or program (if currently playing), set a recording (PVR only), set a reminder and see cast and crew info for the program.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My search works perfectly fine.

Did you jut get a new box? Sometimes can take a day or two

Yes, I did just get a new Netbox 3.0 yesterday. Yours is not the only post I saw that tells people to wait, and I guess at this point I have no choice.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As well, if there is a slight signal issue it can cause errors in two way communication, which the search needs.

So, just in case someone else does have this problem and looks here for the solution - it does indeed seem that all you have to do is wait 1 to 3 days for the search function to work...

Now my question to Rogers is: Why do you not train your employees to TELL customers this when a new box is obtained? Or even put a note in with the equipment itself?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lensman

Sadly Rogers will not answer that. Why? Because they barely come on here let alone answer questions.

I do agree tho, the reps / store employees need to be trained about this. Also a note on the box it self / manual would be good.
I Plan to Stick Around

SLOW, STUPID AND USELESS

thats what I can say about this 'new' channel guide.

Can they even put it back to the OLD version?

Slow = it is really freaking slow!

Stupid = because why would you change a working channel guide with something that makes it more complicated?

(Simply say.. they ruined it)

Useless = channel guide that doesnt even guide you well~