New Channel guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Channel guide

Hello GeoNel

There is no way for the new boxes or the old ones to get the old guide. Sadly Rogers stopped pushing them out.

I am not having any slowness issues with my box & channel guide. I know others do tho.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As meowmix said, only the older boxes can have the old guide.

Now, the newer guide is not super fast on the older PVRs.. one of the major reasons that they brought out the new PVR.

If you are renting, you would be best to go in and swap it for the new PVR, which is very fast with the new guide.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes, now that it's working I don't mind the Search function of the new guide. I should say that I jumped from an ancient box - Explorer something or other - to the Netbox 3.0. I don't have any slowness issues with it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lensman:

Yeah, you skipped the SLOW box inbetween Smiley Happy

THere are many people who returned, or just skipped that box, due to the slowness issues, etc.
the older boxes (SA 8300, etc, which is likely what you had), to the nextbox 3, is the closest eqivelent speed wise, etc... though it is a change in the guide, how it runs, functions, etc.
The new guide does have some more powerful features (the search can search more things, etc) and a few more recording series options, etc.. but some things like browsing by catagory (drama, etc) is not there, which some people liked.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

True enough. I'm a soccer fan and being able to search for that specifically is something I used to do all the time. Now I find that I do a lot of searching and PVR'ing on the Anyplace TV Home Edition link on My Rogers.... Shouldn't have to do that, though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi 

My father is has a Nextbox but didn’t have the enhanced guide, it changed the other day when he had the box zapped. Does anyone know if the old interface can be enable? He is elderly and the text and colour is limited it’s black and white and very small. He doesn’t like it and if he can change it back he plans to cancel and go to Bell. I have an old 8300, I may trade for the 4642 so solve this issue but it would be better if I can change it back. From what I gather it’s a one way door. Again, does anyone know if the new menu can be disabled? I need the old menu activated.

Thanks all. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

There is no going back to the old guide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am surprised that his wasn't updated already.

All the old guide 8642 and 4642 I thought were all forced to it already.

If you do decide for him to switch make sure to check out a live version of the competitors guide as the display may not be much better.
(Bell fibe and bell satellite boxes are different and guide may display different)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When looking at the info screen for a recorded program, not all info is displayed. How does one access the words beyond the ....    ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DonPearson wrote:

When looking at the info screen for a recorded program, not all info is displayed. How does one access the words beyond the ....    ?

I assume you're talking about the Navigatr firmware on your PVR?  The thread where you posted is several years old.  Although the IPG scrolls the information for upcoming programming, the recordings information seems to get truncated.  There appears to be nothing that you can do abou...   Smiley Wink

BTW, here is the thread on Navigatr:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

And here are some useful links:

How To Navigatr:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Navigatr Issues:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

How To CC:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...