New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

@khungus:  Here are two options that may help.

1. Turn on HDMI-CEC in the AVR if you haven't already. This usually keeps the HDMI circuit in the AVR "on" when the AVR is turned off.  HDMI-CEC can however, cause other issues like automatic input switching, devices turning on by themselves, etc which you may not want to happen.  This does also draw a few Watts of additional power when the AVR is off.

2. Some AVRs have an "HDMI Passthrough" or similar option which allows audio to pass to the TV when the AVR is off.  Try that?  Again, this may draw a couple of Watts.

One of these may help the STB remember the UHD setting, but no guarantees.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can try making sure your new 4k receiver is running the latest firmware from the Manufacture, also make sure your TV has the latest firmware.
Other than that try a factory reset on the 4k next box. Go into Menu-> troubleshooting -> factory reset.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks... alas both of those settings are happening but still no go. Oh well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone solve this issue of the 4k receiver not remembering the UHD setting?  Each time I turn the 4k receiver on it has defaulted to 720P and I have to chnage the setting to UHD manually.

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you mind sharing the brand of your receiver?  Is it Denon by chance?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's a Yamaha rx-a760. TV is Samsung.
I Plan to Stick Around

OK. I had noticed that most people complaining were Denon (as am I) but I guess it's not really up to the brand. Saving the UHD setting is indeed super annoying, how can anyone who makes decisions/programmers actually be made aware of this issue and get it resolved? It's SO frustrating.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

here is my setup, no issues, my settings are always saved.

Samsung UN55KS8000

Denon AVR S720W

Rogers Nextbox 4K

4k box -> Denon CBL/SAT input -> HDMI 4 on the Samsung

everything running the latest firmware.

I've Been Here Awhile

I finally got the 4k box to stay in UHD mode. Solution was to turn off "standby through" on my Yamaha receiver!
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the tip - will try to look for similar on my Denon tonight and cross my fingers, since I have the same model as user gp-se

Topic Stats