New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

Hello @kevinlayne2001

I wonder if the update was pushed out to early without any testing. Again this has happened before many times. Hopefully they fix this for the ones that are affected.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Schummi

Hopefully eveything works out. I'll see if I can get more information on this.
I Plan to Stick Around

You will have to get a new amp, the same as me...oh well, what can you do....
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meow. I get the reasoning for the update if you have a pvr. But its not needed for a straight 4k box without pvr. They should remove the 2.2 requirement since there is no piracy concern on a straight stb with no recording capability.
I Plan to Stick Around

Nah Kevin. I'll just route the audio separately from video if Rogers insists on this 2.2 compliance stuff. The universal remote will switch everything for me.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Schummi

Oh i agree with you. It seems that the amps won't work for the current set up so those need to be charged but they brought out the software which now is causing problems
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

I too have the same problem and the only way I can get 4k channels on my KS model is to first connect the STD to my new TX-NR555 av receiver and then the hdmi out to my TV smart connect box.  Also, I always have to change the TV Type back to UltraHD 4K because it defaults back to 720P.  All worked well just prior to Rogers' most recent 4k stb update.  I have a feeling that at some point, another update from Rogers and/or Samsung will rectify things.

I'm Here A Lot

This is absolute nonsense.  I have 2 Sony 75 inch XBR's both less than 6 months old and 2 Sony 5800ES AVR's and both are displaying same message. New HDMI 2.0 cables throughout. Everything worked fine (well for the most part) up until now. Lots of resetting of the 4K boxes but at least got to watch Jays in 4K. Rogers should be picking up the cost for all the troubleshooting and any new equipment required. A new firmware to resolve the problems better be out before the next home game. And where are the 4K PVR's I've been patiently waiting for since February?

I Plan to Stick Around

The fact that Rogers was simply not prepared when they introduced 4K is the main reason, the rush to market is what is causing this, they did not market this properly....i was there from the start and no where in the requirements anything stating that HDCP 2.2 was a Minimal Requirement for displaying content....They need to get their stuff together....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kevinlayne2001

Agreed but they did state about HDPC2. 2 coming months ago. Also HDR as well.. So this could be a issue of the development team not working with the TV manufactures on this. Again this needs to be fixed asap as many are having the issues.
Topic Stats