New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

So i have Used 4K from Rogers since its Inception, and i display it on my LG UB8500 4K 55" Panel, have had no problems in display issues. So i came home tonight, and when i turned on the TV and the Box, it asked me to Set the Resolution, which has happened from time to time, so no big deal, set the Res to Ultra HD, and started watching the Reg non 4K channels, i turned to the 4K Channels to watch the Blue Jays game, it looks like Rogers had a firmware update to the box to update it to HDCP 2.2, and bamn i get the screen below. I know the TV is HDCP 2.2 compatible (10bit)...called rogers and they stated not our problem, call your TV MFG to clear the error message.....OUR YOU KIDDING ME ROGERS.....!!!20160829_200045_HDR.jpg

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New 4K Box HDCP 2.2 Update Causes Issues

Hello @kevinlayne2001

Hmm weird. I can't see the image until I gets approved but on my 65" 4K OLED and on my Sony XBR55X850D I never got those issues after picking the resolution once I turned on the box. I wonder if the box needs a hard reset and Hopefully that will fix it?
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here. Been working fine until today and now I get that hdcp 2.2 message. Time to move on?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Schummi

Do u have the HDMI which is 2.2hdpc compatible?

I wonder what the problem is happening.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanka for the response. Yes I do. I even tried bypassing my av amp and going directly to the TV. I can't really see why it would be a cable problem. It's always worked before!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried a hard reset and made sure the HDMI Cable in 2.2 Compliant...the model i know for sure is HDCP 2.2 compliant....i am going to try a new box and a new HDMI cable...i have already seen other posters state they are having the same problems....rogers is on the hook for this one....

This is rogers with a BAD firmware update...this is for when the PVR comes out, you know the one that was supposed to be out six months ago...mark my word on this, another update will be needed to fix this issue... Tried the same thing, no success...

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh dear. I had to switch to the MHL input on my Samsung TV. Now I get 4k picture. This is going to be a nightmare setting everything up again for audio and video switching through my av amp. I guess my other inputs are not 2.2 compatible? And who knows if my av amp is acceptable to the 2.2 gods.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Schummi

Oh man that is a rough set up now. Hopefully they fix this issue!
I Plan to Stick Around

Some older amps even with HDMI 2.0 ports are not HDCP 2.2 Compliant..and not all 4K TVS have 10 bit HDCP 2.2 ports, mine only has one, surprised to hear your MHL port is 2.2 though..usually they are not...hmmmm

Ok so this make no sense...i hooked it in to another HDMI port which is not HDCP 2.2 Compliant, and not 10Bit color....and boom....4K picture....what the heck has rogers done with this firmware....????

I Plan to Stick Around

Yup. Looked it up. The MHL is the only 2.2 compliant input on my tv. And my av amp is not compliant. An afternoon of undoing all my cables and reprogramming my universal remote should fix things. Shame. I loved having everything switched by my amp with just a single wire to arc input on TV.

We knew this anti piracy silliness was coming.... It's here and now we have to deal with it.
Topic Stats