Need help setting up NEW flat screen TV for FIRST time!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Need help setting up NEW flat screen TV for FIRST time!

I have a 50" Samsung Smart TV. There are audio settings I can change with the Menu button. Have a look if you can boost the volume.  Other than that, I use Sony wireless headphones, which I can adjust independently and find useful when I don't want to disturb others in the house. I got them on sale for about $50, and The Source has cheaper ones. My Sony ones work really well, but the ones from The Source were the first ones I got. With these headphones you adjust the volume right on the headphones and I've always found them better than using the TV audio, I always use the headphones whenever I find any movies I've downloaded don't have good audio.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I'm getting up there (75 this year) and my hearing is not what it used to be. It's annoying not to be able to get the volume to a comfortable level. Maybe some of those rock concerts, like Pink Floyd, has something to do with it,

I'm a Senior Advisor

No harm in exploring the TV's audio settings. If you don't like what you choose, you can always return to the default setting.