Navigatr keeps asking for Parental Control PIN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Navigatr keeps asking for Parental Control PIN

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but I'm putting another one out there to see if I can get some help.

This morning when I turned on my TV to listen to the radio, I noticed that the much advertised Navigatr was loaded - great... what will the problems be? I was locked out of EVERY channel as they all required my Parental Control PIN. My previous parental control is only for TV-MA, and I have never had this happen before. 

I put in my PIN and unlocked the channels and decided to check my parental controls. Oh wait, I can't... because settings won't load AT ALL. Rebooted, cuz hey, who knows.  After the 15 minute reboot I'm locked out again, need a PIN to access anything and still can't load my Settings. Then I noticed my PVR recordings are all gone - WHAT? 

I have another NextBox on a TV (no PVR setup). It loaded just fine - no parental controls needed and it loads the settings just fine.

What's going on Rogers? If you're going to roll out a new program how about we check for ALL POSSIBLE PROBLEMS? Cuz it's sounds like there are lots. By the end of the this day I imagine Rogers will be inundated with complaints from people realizing their PVR programs are gone, and likely other glitches have happened.

My question - anyone else struggling with Parental Control issues and no Settings loading? Solution?

Next question - think Rogers will compensate any of this? LOL, me neither. The lesser of two evils...but I'm going to reconsider switching to the other evil, cuz lately it's just one thing after another...

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Navigatr keeps asking for Parental Control PIN

Only thing i could think was reset it on the account end...
But that your other box isnt effected... not sure how much good it would do.

Since your PVR was wiped...
Might be worth.. (ASSUMING it has the feature still) is do a software reset on the box?
May clear the obviously bad setting carried forward.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community, 

We are aware of the issue and we apologize for this issue you have encountered. You can try the following workaround and see if it resolves the issue:

A. Desktop Instructions to self-reset PIN:

Log into MyRogers on Rogers.com > Select Services Tab > Select TV > Under Reset Digital Box Option, select Accept. 

All Digital Boxes associated with the account will be reset to default (0000).

B. Mobile Instructions to self-reset PIN:

Login into MyRogers app > Select TV under Home Services > Under TV Support select, Reset My Digital Box > Select the box(s) to reset PIN.
Once reset, the default pin will be reset to default (0000).

If this does not work, we can have a member from the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message and reset the PIN for you 🙂 

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem, I can't get anything. Rebooted PVR same problem. I reset my pin and after an hour I was able to enter the reset PIN. Now I can watch TV but can't reset my PIN because when I go to settings I just get a grey screen with no text or info on it.

This new TV guide has so much space dedicated to the current channels program info ( top 1/3 f the screen) that there is only room for about 6 channels on a screen. The old layout is much better. It is going to take forever to channel surf.

This is a complete botch for ROgers. Implement with no notice, locked me out for a day from seeing anything on TV , can't reset my PIN. And the "new improved Guide"  really, it's terrible.

Rogers please fix the botched TV guide soon.

I'm a Senior Advisor

'This new TV guide has so much space dedicated to the current channels program info ( top 1/3 f the screen) that there is only room for about 6 channels on a screen. The old layout is much better. It is going to take forever to channel surf."

The old Classic and Modern layout only had 5 channels displayed.

NAVIGATR has more than enough problems without people making stuff up.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just truned on my TV again and it stills wants my parental PIN.

Needing to do this every time I turn on my TV is not acceptable.

I now just noticed that this new guide has wiped out all my scheduled TV recording and recorded programs. It wiped my hard drive clean.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @normu,

I apologize for the issue you are having. Did you reset the PIN through MyRogers or did you call in? Have you rebooted your box after getting the grey screen you mention when trying to reset your PIN again? Please let us know. 

If you'd like, I can have CommunityHelps message you via PM to help troubleshoot further. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, of course I reset my PIN. Now it's 0000, but I have to put it in every time I turn on my box, and I still cannot access the settings even though I've rebooted 3 times.
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, trying to get through the live agent is Completely IMPOSSIBLE! Beyond frustrated with Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried it, it won't reset it. I've tried both from the phone and my account. So annoyed!