Navigator update - Shomi and on-demand not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Navigator update - Shomi and on-demand not working

I guess Rogers is going to lose a lot of customers over this. its like I wake up I from a bad dream every day. They might as well cut off our cable tv until this is fixed. The best fix is to put it back the way it was. I bet you that the designer of this new software uses bell services so he does not care what we are dealing with. I always thought new software bring s new features, not less .But I guess that's what Rogers is about pay more for less. I am so upset . I am still waiting forRogers to fix there app so it works on android phones again, 3 months and still waiting . I hope the Pvr will be fixed faster but I'm not holding my breath. 

I'm Here A Lot

Just found this forum.  I see it's not just me having this problem.  Since the software update 3 days ago, still can't watch anything saved on the PVR.  It appears to be there as it shows the hard drive is 75% full.  When selected it only shows a black screen.  Phoned/Live chatted numerous times over the past few days.  Only information received was, not our fault, nothing we can do, just wait, may lose all saved programs, should be fixed in 24-48 hours etc, don't know why it happened, can't switch back to old software etc.  Not too impressed, and am still waiting!

I've Been Around

I have the exact same problem. My husband complained to Rogers on Thursday and they said they would have an answer in 48 hours but we still have no answers. They are taking our payments but providing crappy service. I lost my saved pvr shows. I have no shomi or ondemand videos. My settings don't work. And, the new Navigator recordings suck versus the old system. The old system showed me all recordings by day and time. It was great! The new system does nothing and it is extremely frustrating. Why am I paying for a service I am not getting????

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Call customer retention and complain,  they can authorize rebates.  If you still aren't happy, keep calling and keep on them!

I Plan to Stick Around

I got an email today from Rogers telling me they are still working on it.  This is day #9 without On Demand or Shomi but WITH a whack of problems.  I WILL be calling when this is all done for some sort of refund that's for sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

I received another email reply from Rogers today telling me the issue is resolved. My rental 8642HD contiues to lack functionality as a result of the Navigatr upgrade. I have no settings menu (have to constantly enter PIN, can't change aspect ratio, etc.), and Shomi/ROD are still not working. Yet it's considered resolved. So day 12 with this nonsense. This has gone from sublime to ridiculous.

Anyone else with this issue get the good news that it's fixed?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also having problems accessing Shomi or TMN On-demand since Navigatr was installed on both my boxes. I'm able to access the channels and select a movie but it doesn't download. I get the same error message on both Shomi and TMN On-demand. The boxes are also much more sluggish than before the update.

Are others still having problems and Is this still widespread problem or is it just me. If widespread does Rogers have an estimate for a fix.
I Plan to Stick Around

I called again a few days ago and it was suggested that I switch boxes at the rogers store. Was shocked that all the navigatr issues I had (and I had a lot) were gone! New box fixed everything.
I Plan to Stick Around

My Nextbox 3 is mine and less than a year old. I'm hoping for a software solution. I'll try another reboot.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Sailorman,

We will be glad to assist with the issue you are having. Rebooting the box should resolve the issue. If it does not, we can run a test on your cable line to check and see if there are any signal issues and proceed from there. Which area are you in? Please let us know! We await your response. 

Thank you 🙂

RogersHassam