Navigator update - Shomi and on-demand not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Navigator update - Shomi and on-demand not working

My receiver is the 8642hd (a rental). Like others, all my recordings were deleted during the update and I'm missing the settings menu so I can't turn off parental controls.

This problem is different and that is the reson for the new thread. When I try to access any Shomi or Rogers on-demand title, the system responds “Sorry, there are no videos available”. The titles and tiles are there, but no matter what I select, I get the message that it's not available.

Anyone else have this problem since the update? Oh, yes, I did restart/reboot the unit several times.

Thanks for any feedback on this one.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Navigator update - Shomi and on-demand not working

At this time we are aware and looking into these issues as a result of the updates related to the new guide for some customer and apologize for the inconvenience.

At this time we unaware of any issue related to shomi and Rogers On Demand.

I'll have someone reach out to you from our @CommunityHelps team in a private message to take a look into this for you.

Anyone else in the Community experiencing any such issues with shomi or Rogers On Demand?

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh yes I'm having the same issues as well.....

-On BOTH my Nexbox 2 and 3.0 I can't get any on-demand movies or TV shows

-On one of them I have to enter 0000 for parental controls EVERY time I turn the box on

-ALL my recorded programs were erased

-Settings page is all grayed out

They gave me 6 free video rentals for my lost recordings.  Problem is I can't actually access them on chanel 100!  "No Video's Available" is showing 😞

This is day 3......

I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know I'm not the only one with the ROD/Shomi issue, but I am sorry you are having the problem. Has Rogers indicated when they might fix it? When your receiver is turned off, is the time displayed. It is not displayed on mine, but it was prior to the "upgrade".

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh ya - forgot about that one! Nope - no time showing any more 😞 I called and they "are working on it"
I've Been Here Awhile

FWIW....no On Demand or Shomi here too

-parental control issue too

-all channels are favourites

-described video on...cannot turn it off (nice feature when you are trying to watch a show!)...geeez

-no access to settings

-PVR wiped

-cannot record TV

Told me it would all be fixed in 48 hours (today).

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, Pds, that you have the same issues I do. Do you have the 8642 receiver as well? I was told by Community Support a few minutes ago that my issues are known and a Networking team is working on them. I suppose I'll count myself luck that it's not the roll-out team working on them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes we have that described video as well.  I was told that I pretty much have all the issues known.  Lucky me!

Good to know you got a time frame.  I'm going to be asking for a credit for the 5 or so days without services!

And yes ...model 8642HD is the one I have.  Ugh.

I Plan to Stick Around

Update - a gentleman from the Networking department called me last night about the issues I'm having. He had done something at his end and requested that I reboot the system. There was no change. He did something else and rebooted the unit remotely. Still no change. He tried a couple more things and more reboots. Nothing was resolved. He certainly tried though. It was getting late and the technician said he would continue working on it and get back to me soon. He mentioned that a factory reset of the receiver might be the solution in the end, and if so, they'll walk me through the process.

While I appreciate the call back and the attempts to fix the issues, the problems remain. This is day 4. How long can we expect to wait for proper resolution of the issues? I read somewhere that the Navigatr (what an odd spelling - human error?) roll-outs are back underway. So, I assume Rogers has fixed the issues? If so, why can't they fix what they broke on the 28th? Anyway, this is frustrating to say the least.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@lem1 wrote:

Update - a gentleman from the Networking department called me last night about the issues I'm having. He had done something at his end and requested that I reboot the system. There was no change. He did something else and rebooted the unit remotely. Still no change. He tried a couple more things and more reboots. Nothing was resolved. He certainly tried though. It was getting late and the technician said he would continue working on it and get back to me soon. He mentioned that a factory reset of the receiver might be the solution in the end, and if so, they'll walk me through the process.

While I appreciate the call back and the attempts to fix the issues, the problems remain. This is day 4. How long can we expect to wait for proper resolution of the issues? I read somewhere that the Navigatr (what an odd spelling - human error?) roll-outs are back underway. So, I assume Rogers has fixed the issues? If so, why can't they fix what they broke on the 28th? Anyway, this is frustrating to say the least.

I didn't read that. It would mean the problem has been solved and rectified, or maybe just another shot in the dark.

As for the spelling, "Navigatr", it's likely deliberate so it can be trademarked. Unfortunately it reminds me of a Toronto PR firm, Navigator Ltd,  that does damage control for shady politicians.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario