NHL Centre Ice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: NHL Centre Ice

It wasn't just the names that were changed. All of the Hybrid Fibre packages were expired back in March and replaced with the Ignite packages instead. If I'm not mistaken, the Ignite packages are cheaper in cost then the Hybrid Fibre for the most part. I'd suggest calling during business hours if you want to get it done, just to avoid a long wait time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did learn that even though Centre Ice is on my monthly bill, I dont actually get it. On top of that I apparently had it LAST year....which I didn't.

I will also loose all my monthly credits if I change anything on my account...gotta love Rogers! 🙂

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@hansm0leman   Same thing happened to me.  They told me I only get it for 1 year (last year).  I was sure I was suppose to have it for 2 years, but I'm not bothering fighting for it.  Mine was also showing up on my bill as having it, so I had to force them to remove it from my bill.  I have the Hybrid 60 plan,  NO WAY will I pay $15 more a month to get Ignite 60 just for Centre Ice!

I am confused as to whether I have access to Centre Ice.  On my Rogers bill dated Sep 6 it is definitely listed.  But when I try to tune one of the Centre Ice channels it says that I am not authorized and call 1-888....  Hopefully this is because the season does not start until later tonight.

Just like some of the other folks on this forum I never bothered to upgrade my internet service to Ignite - I am still listed as having Hybrid Fibe 250.  But I do have Rogers VIP and a Share Everything Bundle.

So am I entitled to CI or not?  

Good evening @wayner92,

Sorry for the late reply Smiley Embarassed

If you would like us to update your services in order to reflect a 2-yr IGNITE Bundle, it would indeed include Centre Ice.

If you currently have a Hybrid Fibre Internet plan, you would not have Centre Ice automatically added, if you are not already subscribed for it.

Let us know if you would like us to reach out to you in order to review your current services.

Don't forget that you get Rogers GameCentre LIVE with your Share Everything plan! Smiley Wink

Simply log in using your MyRogers credentials.

RogersMaude

I have switched to Ignite 250u and I also have a Rogers Wireless Share Everything plan.  Tonight when I went to watch a game on NHL Centre Ice it says I am not authorized.  I called in to Rogers and they said that NHLCI is no longer included with any of their package - you have to pay for it.

Can anyone verify?

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

If you have Digital VIP Cable and one of the Ignite internet plans on a two-year bundle term, then yes you can have access to NHL Centre Ice. It may need to be added manually to your account so I'd call and make sure it gets added, but make sure you clarify you want the one included in your package and not the one you order as if it were a pay per view event. If they have issues with it or tell you that it isn't included ask them to double check, because it is included if you have the above services.

Now in the event you don't have the above, then all you'd be entitled to is NHL Game Centre Live, which is the streaming service you can access via PC/tablet/smartphone/Console/etc. But you'd only be able to access NHL Centre Ice by ordering it separately.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

I've Been Around

Great to know - thanks!!

I've Been Around

The Center Ice App no longer works on my iPad.  Keeps asking me to login, but nothing happens.  twenty phone calls later Rogers does not seem to be able to figure it out.  They

I'm Here A Lot

NHL centre ice has zero value.

Speaking as a subscriber who has not paid for the device (it was provided with my internet subscription) and as someone who does not subscribe to cable services, this access is garbage. i cheer for my local team and have for 35+ years now but because I live close to my team, I can not watch them live. It goes without saying that I will never pay for this service due to the blackouts they adhere by. Customer service always seems eager to point out that I can always watch the content 48 hours later but by this time I always know the results, have heard in depth game analysis and seen any worthy hilights. There is no point in watching the game. I fear that my interest in my team and the league are in danger. I have no interest in following a team I can only access live for less that half a season. Heh... the only good thing is that I don't know what the playoff schedule as my team has not been there. The NHL and Rogers need to rethink this blackout strategy to retain me as a fan.