NHL Center ICE for Cable TV - 2018/2019 Season

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

NHL Center ICE for Cable TV - 2018/2019 Season

NHL Center ICE (Cable TV version)

Hi,

Is anyone having problems viewing NHL pre-season games using NHL Center Ice (cable tv version)? I called rogers to purchase the package on Monday September 18th but 2 days later the channels where NHL games are on still say 'not authorized to view channel'. I called rogers and they said they would open a ticket and look into the issue. Please let me know if are having having this problem or if you are able to watch pre-season hockey games using the center Ice cable tv version.

Thanks

**Labels Added**

Re: NHL Center ICE for Cable TV - 2018/2019 Season

Hello @aemartin,

Thank you for being part of the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your very first post!! 😄

Hockey season is upon us and I'm sure you, like many other hockey fans, are looking forward to a great season ahead! While NHL Centre Ice delivers up to 37 regular season out-of-market NHL games per week, it does not include in-market games or the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It is also important to note that only select NHL pre-season games are available on NHL Centre Ice. I would suggest reviewing your program guide on a daily basis as it's updated quite regularly, and you can also check out the following link to this season's schedule: https://www.nhl.com/schedule

A few more things to note:

• Blackout rules and territories are subject to change
  • Games are subject to availability of a game feed
  • Regional NHL games air on Sportsnet or TSN
  • The NHL regular season begins October 3, 2018 for regular cable TV customers, or October 15th, 2018 for Ignite TV customers

Never want to miss any regular season games?

Subscribe to our Popular TV package (or above) along with an NHL Centre Ice subscription — regardless of where you live — you’ll be covered for every in and out-of-market regular season NHL game — as well as the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

I hope this information is useful! 

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersLaura.

For my situation I did see games listed on the rogers guide last night but I was not able to view the channel (example channel 455). The channel still gave a 'not authorized to view this channel. Please contact your service provider.' I would expect that this error should not be on the channel when I purchased the package and instead that the channel would normally show and list schedules for upcoming events and the channels they will be on.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nhl center ice package

Hello all.....sorry if this is a repeat but I’ve looked everywhere (I think) and I can’t find any info on how much the 2018/19 nhl center ice package is. Am I missing it somewhere ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Sometime the box just doesn't get the authorization signal. Have you tried rebooting the box to see if that clears things up?

Good evening @David378,

Hockey season is almost here! Making sure you have access to your favorite teams' games is a must, if you want to keep up with the NHL. Smiley Wink

You can order NHL Centre Ice before the season starts on October 3, 2018.

Sit back and enjoy select pre-season games and regular season coverage until April 10, 2019.

Package

Price

Pricing Effective

NHL Center Ice ’18

Early Bird

$209 One-time payment

11-Sep-2018

31-Oct-2018

NHL Center Ice ’18

Full Season

$219 One-time payment

01-Nov-2018

01-Jan-2019

NHL Center Ice ’18

Half Season

$139 One-time payment

02-Jan-2019

11-Apr-2019

NHL Center Ice ’18

Ignite TV

$209 One-time payment

15-Oct-2018

10-Apr-2019

You can also get Centre Ice through the Super Sports Pak.

The Rogers Super Sports Pak gives you excellent value and the benefit of a monthly billing charge rather than a one-time payment. (Comparable cost over a 6 month period: 6 months x $35.95 = $215.70)

You should note that:

• Blackout rules and territories are subject to change
  • Games are subject to availability of a game feed
  • Regional NHL games air on Sportsnet or TSN

We list games daily on the Interactive Programming Guide for you, so make sure to check every day to see which channel your favourite team is playing on.

Hope this answers all your questions!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

My boyfriend gets this every year this year early price is 209
Highlighted
I've Been Around

@RogersMaude

Thanks for the info. One question: can someone order *just* Centre Ice, as opposed to the full sports pack?

I was on the phone/online with several service reps today, and all told me that if I wanted to buy Centre Ice only I needed to do that through NHL.com. They weren’t able to provide any further instructions, and after spending 10 minutes on NHL.com I couldn’t find anything that referenced purchasing Centre Ice to access on a Roger’s box.

Unfortunately I don’t have any large-screen devices that directly support NHL Live, and don’t really want to stream games off of a laptop via Chromecast or smartphone/tablet. 

Thanks!

Rob

Hello @RobWilliams13,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! You're very welcome.

You can certainly order NHL Centre Ice for the season, as a standalone, as opposed to the whole Super Sports Pak monthly subscription.

I'm confused as to why our representatives were not able to complete the transaction for you. I am under the impression that there might have been a mix up between Rogers NHL LIVE and NHL Centre Ice, but I would not be able to confirm until I can review the documentation on file.

When you tune in to the channels, are you able to click "Order" (like you would do for a Pay-Per-View)?

The channels for NHL Centre Ice games are:

• New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Quebec: 450 to 467 (SD) and 476 to 484 (HD)
  • Ontario (except Hamilton): 450 to 467 (SD and HD)
  • Hamilton: 330 to 347 (SD) and 296 to 298 (HD)

The channels will be available for Ignite TV customers starting on October 15, 2018.

We can surely assist you. If you would like one of us to add it to your account, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can authenticate you and proceed.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please click here.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

This hockey season we purchased NHL Center Ice here in N.S. through Bell.
The last 2 years we’ve been using the Rogers NHL live but having difficulties streaming with poor internet speeds. We watch for the Leafs games mostly but enjoyed that we could watch ANY game the last two years (if our connection allowed it).
Last night the Leafs game wasn’t available through Center Ice, so we tried to sign on to stream through NHL TV like we used to and keep getting redirected to pay Rogers another 200.00 to use NHL TV?
Having buyers remorse here as I thought it would also allow me access to NHL.com and NHL TV 😞
Is there any way to watch all of the Leafs games here in N.S. for 200.00 and not 400.00?
Thanks so much...been researching this like crazy online and still can’t figure out my best option.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation