NFL Sunday Ticket

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

Still having issues with DAZN NFL playback being choppy. They told me they are fixing it but couldn't say when. Curious if anyone has it working well on a large TV or if most watch it on a smaller screen? Watched hard knocks last night and my eyes hurt by the end of the show. All HD and only buffered for the first few seconds but so much judder!

I Plan to Stick Around

Fyi... this doesn't affect bars and restaurants. They will still have Sunday Ticket. Wonder how and why that is yet we can't get it at home.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Bars, nightclubs, lounges, Restaurants, etcetera can not order a "Residential" TV services, as it is against the terms of service, but they can order a "Commercial" TV service.  Commercial accounts have different programming packages, different carriage agreements, and different service level agreements than regular consumer accounts do. So its absolutely normal for a Commercial TV account to have access to premium channels, such as NFL Sunday Ticket, and Pay Per View events.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

... and those commercial establishments (bars, etc) must pay many times what a homeowner pays for those services.  Sometimes the rates are even based on seating capacity, etc.  The rates can run into the hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Elbow yea the NFL is still choppy and lower in quality than the soccer streams. I sent an email to tech support about this.

I'll admit though for price I still think it's pretty good (I subscribed for the annual cost) though I watch a lot of soccer so there's a lot of value in it for me personally.

I really hope they make a presence in the market. Hopefully they make enough money fast enough to improve the streams. Even though it is a good deal, it is annoying to watch.

I Plan to Stick Around

NFL apologizes to Canadians for ‘inadequate’ DAZN service

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/09/11/nfl-apologizes-to-canadians-for-inadequate-dazn-service
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok just talked to them....

"If you have Rogers TV service, we can order the Rogers NFL Sunday Ticket for you. This gives you 7 dedicated channels for Sunday afternoon games.

The channels are 377-383.

There is a one time fee of $129.99 for the 2017 season.

It is a standalone package that is not apart of the Super Sports Pak."

Wow really? So before we paid $35.95 month for the Super Sports Pack that had NFL and all sports.... they lose rights and no more Sunday Ticket BUT continue to charge us $35.95 and NO discount for losing the biggest product of the package, NFL..... now that they re-added it back you would think it goes back into the Super Sports Package but no? We have to pay $129.99 additional as it's now separate???

Ya no thanks, with just 3 months schedule left I'll continue to pay $20 month for DAZN and get RedZone included as well as other sports...

Ridiculous they not putting it back into Sports Package!
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers does not care. They lie too. I had a bungy chord hanging from my roof because the neighbours line got cut. Told us it takes 10 weeks to get a permit from the city, LIE. 3 months later they tell us it fell through the cracks and will be done next year. The right call was placed and they came out and did the job properly the next day. Terrible service. That is an insult to add the NFL package back but not include it in what I am all ready paying in the Sports package and have been for 10 years. Brutal. That is what happens when you have a monopoly and could care less about its customers. 

I've Been Around

You know Rogers pulled a fast one with this.....under the Sports Pac, Sunday tic was included. Rogers advised in communication that they could no longer acquire the rights to Sunday Tic and hence deleted it from the Sports Pac BUT did not decrease the price of the Sports Pac.....than a couple of weeks ago they reacquire the Sunday Tic and they do not add it back onto the Sports Pac but they want an additional $129 for the rest of the season. That is very unfair.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure how DAZN is working out for some of you guys but for the past 3 weeks I have seen an improvement! The NFL games are still delayed a bit (but does snyc with my fantasy football scoring) and there haven't been any lags. Quality on the PS4 has drastically improved along with the Chromecast icon always appearing in my devices.

However, the frame rate is still very low but the quality is still clear. For the soccer games, the quality is second to none, really clear high frame rate (not sure if that helps anyone here).

For the past 3 Sundays, I've had my PS4 hooked up to a computer monitor with Red Zone on, then have my tablet, computer and phone to some random games (then obviously my TV). So multiple connections have been "successful" (I put in quotes because I still don't like the frame rate quality).

Anyone else see an improvement?