NEXTBOX signal drop-outs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NEXTBOX signal drop-outs

Just wanted to update everyone on my ongoing saga...

The TV signal was so sketchy Tuesday evening it went out entirely for minutes at a time and eventually returned but very intermittently.

The first tech sent to my house last week said signal strength was OK and that it must be my Nextbox and that I should just upgrade to Ignite to solve the issue.

I called in to tech support Tuesday night and the kind lady noted right away that the signal was awful, and that just while talking with her she noted over 1,500 signal drop-outs(!).

She said a senior tech will be sent out ASAP.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Two thumbs up!!  Sometimes this takes more than one visit to resolve.  Sometimes it takes a number of visits, and follow-up by a maintenance crew.  Keep tech support on speed dial and don't hesitate to use it, several times a day if necessary. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for that advice, Datalink. It really IS the only way. No matter what your issue may be - if you can't enjoy the product you pay for then, respectfully and politely of course, keep letting them know the issue persists.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, my issue of signal drop-outs continues.

Techs have re-wired the cable from the street pedestal to the house with brand-new connections and wire. The interior cable was entirely replaced with new cable by a very thorough tech. I even replaced my owned HD Nextbox with a fresh 4K Nextbox. All fresh components in every portion of the signal. Yet the glitching persists.

In addition to this, a contracted crew buried the cable barely 2" deep in my front yard. The neighborhood kids, my mower or an ambitious squirrel with get it in no time!

I told Rogers that I gave up.

I want my old HD Nextbox back in service and I'll just try pretend I don't see the glitches.

Is this a persuasion effort to upgrade to Ignite?

Does Ignite's PVR still only record shows in stereo?

What to do?

I've Been Around

I found something in settings on the nextbox which I didn"t realize had to be set correctly to eliminate the annoying drops. If you open settings from the remote you will find a screen that displays all the various levels of signal that the xbox supports. Now mine had been inadvertently reset to "auto" instead of one of the specified settings. I assume what was happening was the box was constantly trying to auto set to the tv. I noticed the HDMI port on the tv specified 1080p so I reset the box setting to 1080p and the problem disappeared. Try it!!