NBA League Pass Not in HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NBA League Pass Not in HD

Can someone from Rogers please explain to me why NBA League pass on the super Sports Pak 60% of the programming is not in HD, while you have OHL over NBA in HD. I didn't pay to watch sports in SD with distorted picture, especially in this day in age, it's almost 2020 and the Sports Content is in SD. Last year most of NBA content was in HD and this yr most of it is in SD. Rogers please update your NBA League Pass to HD.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: NBA League Pass Not in HD

Hey @Partheon,

With the NBA season under way and the all the changes teams made this off season, I can totally understand your desire to view the NBA network in HD.

At the moment we have not been advised of any plans to provide the NBA League Pass in HD. I am certain it will be available eventually as more and more channels are being broadcasted in HD and with the emergence of 4K quality it’s only a matter of time until Standard Definition channels will be phased out. There is no timeline for when this will happen but I am hoping it’s sooner rather than later!

Keep in mind some games are not provided to Rogers from suppliers in HD, hence the fact not all games are available in HD.  

Regards, 

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For the last 5 years since i've had Super Sports Pak, from ch 431-440 was all NBAHD which is 10 channels. Now ch 436-440 is only NBAHD 5 Channels which is less. So you telling me with all the Revenue Rogers MLSE makes there is less HD channels, that makes no sense at all. Another thing is your programming from Super Sports Pak to NBA TV is sometimes the wrong programming. Right now on NBATV your suppose to be showing Clev vs New orleans, instead they showing a old Bos/Mil game from last week. False programming. You expect people to purchase all these sports Ch and not even give them what they want. Sounds sketchy to me for what people invest there money into not to get what they wanted. I never see any NHL games wrongfully Scheduled and always on HD channels. Other sports like NBA, College Football sometimes wrong programming on. Need to get some new engineers/producers. Come on Rogers stop with this non sense it's UNFAIR

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

NBA HD CANADA isn’t playing the right game now

The list shows Cavaliers VS New Orléans, but actually play the old record game

Highlighted

Hi @Partheon and @Ada_ray,

Thanks for reaching out tonight, and @Ada_ray, welcome to the Community Forums!

Please be advised that due to a last minute change to the Super Sports Pak lineup, the October 28th NBA game of Cleveland vs New Orleans @ 6pm will be broadcast in SD Only on SPO16 ch448.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I remember there was no live show on NBA HD CANADA in this week. THAT’S rediculas

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL excuses excuses, I scrolled those channels and the Clev/New orleans games were not on that ch you specified. last night they didn't show the Por/Pho game either on NBATV. let's see if they show anything today. Seems like the content on NBATV Canada got worse from previous years. No more NBA Gametime after the games and award winning show Inside The Nba.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just what i thought, NBATV once again not showing the game it's suppose to be on MIL/ATL are you guys serious. I hate to be troublesome but I'm just pointing out facts. Right now i see no other CH's viewing the game.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

From being so frustrated i called up Rogers and complained, they ended up giving me a credit on my next bill. I told them how can you provide a service and not show the content. It's not like its a 1 day situation, it's been like this since the season started.

Highlighted

Hi @Partheon,

I fully understand your frustration, but I'm happy to hear you were able to voice your concern.  

I'd just like to apologize to for any inconvenience or frustration in regards to the incorrect guide information. Regrettably, these games were dropped due to technical difficulties on the broadcaster’s end.

Hopefully, the rest of the season is smooth sailing.

RogersShaun