NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Hello @pubby2,

I am sorry to hear that. You had a technician visit scheduled. Did he try swapping the box? 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

He swapped the box, rebooted numerous times. He left very frustrated and gave me a ticket number.  Such is life, I guess.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Cd00 Code.  This happened to me today , 27 July 2016, on my NB 3 PVR. I was still getting the programs and channels would change but the code Cd00 remained in the display.

I did ultimately find this post by alanjohn1 which is the solution, but it is not indicated:

Go to Settings, scroll down and click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

I used the solution above and noted that  `Searching for Signal` and `No Signal`` kept appearing quite a few times. It looked like it was stuck in a loop. But I just decided to leave it and eventually when I came back, the box and TV were OFF and the Time was on the box display as usual.  I turned the TV and PVR ON using the remote. The TV came on but not the box so I had to manually power on the box.  Maybe just a glitch as they both turned OFF afterwards.  Changing the batteries in the remote may be a secondary issue for me if my remote buttons stop working. 

@alanjohn1 who posted the solution was right -- It takes a long time to reboot. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it takes a long time to reboot (more than say the normal 6-10 minutes) and if you're getting these codes and other issues, you very likely have a signal issue at your home or in your neighbourhood.   I can't remember if you've called Rogers regarding signal issues in the past, however, your problems still point to signal issues that may require a site visit to your home or your neighbourhood.

If you have WHPVR, then a reboot can take up to 30  minutes during which all the STBs "synch".

I've Been Around

Thanks for reposting the solution. This worked for me as well on my NB3 PVR. The Cd00 code showed up July 27, 2016, the channels all worked, just had the code on the display until I did this reboot.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same error here, bet the phone lines are busy!

I've Been Around

As of yesterday my Nextbox no longer displays the time (well it does for a split second) then Cd00 appears. What can we do to fix this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@smileykid833:

As stated in the posts above, a reboot should solve the problem.  Go to Settings, scroll up to Troubleshooting, select Reboot.

If that doesn't solve the issue, you may have signal issues in your home or in your neighbourhood - also discussed earlier above.  You'll need to call Rogers.

It appears they are rolling out new Navigatr firmware, so they may be busy.  This also may be a source of the problem.

I've Been Around

Same problem here but I don't want to reboot in case I lose what we're watching right now.

I will do the reset later tonight but if it doesn't work then time to scream at Tech Support!

JOHN

I've Been Around

Nextbox 8600 not working, Scanning through codes

Yesterday I woke to our net box 8600 not working nor was our main unit on our main floor. They were Scaning through hundreds of random codes non stop. After about 12 hours we pulled the plug on both and the main floor did it again but did reset. The upper floor unit does not reset and starts scanning like crazy without stoping. Tried to reset twice. Occasional it slows on some codes but then speeds up again. Normally I hear the hard drive click like crazy, however it is silent.