NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

@alanjohn1 and @Gdkitty, thanks for your help :).

@pubby2, The instructions provided in the previous posts are correct to reboot your box from the menu. If reboots are not resolving the original issue you posted, we will need to run a test on your cable line and arrange for a technician visit. It can either be a signal issue or your box may be faulty. Please PM @CommunityHelps when you are online and I can certainly assist you with this. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

My NexBox 3.0 HD PVR is displaying "CD00" error and did not get the new Navigatr update like the other boxes in my house. It looks like the update was starting on Wednesday night but did not complete. Box works fine but the new guide did not load. Still working with the old guide. 

I've Been Around

My next box is displaying code Cd00 -tried reboot.. What's the fix for this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If rebooting doesnt work (force it to restart fresh)... then the issues likely is the signal is not quite strong enough at that one outlet for it to be doing the download properly.

In the long run, it would be worth getting a Tech out to check the signal and replace stuff as necessary..

But short term.. if you are able to try the box at another outlet.. it may have a better signal and allow it to install.
(unless the signal as a whole it not great into the house)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

NEXTBOX showing "CD00" since last Thursday, called tech support and nothing has been fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That error code, is generall a SIGNAL issue with it trying to download data (in this case, the new guide)

There is generally nothing they can do from the BACK end.
They would have to send a tech out to the house itself, and to adjust/tweek the signal levels to an apropriate levels to where that box is connected.

In the interim, you could try connecting the box into another outlet in the house if you have one, to see if the level is better there and it will complete the download.

I Plan to Stick Around

You can sort of test the signal by plugging the cable directly into the TV and checking out the one remaining analog signal on channel 3 (in Ottawa, they have fish swimming around in an aquarium). If the signal is "fuzzy" then there is a problem with the cable somewhere. You can start by loosening all the connections at the splitters or cable joins and then retightening them and not just finger tight, use pliers or a wrench. Also make sure the connectors are not loose and have a good connection with the outside foil. You also can't have any signal amplifiers on the cable, just passive splitters, preferrably the ones Rogers has supplied.

You also wanna use good quality double shielded RG-6 cable. If you have old RG-59 cable from the analog days, I would replace it, especially any long runs. I went out an bought good quality RG-6 cable a home despot with the factory installed connectors...

I Plan to Stick Around

Code CdOO is thedownload progress of your ne TV Guide , I have a Next PVR and a Next Explorer HD one of them already is working on the new interface and the PVR is behind showing Cd00 downloading the new OS. Just be patient , in the mean time everyting is working as usual , new CEO CO or not .

I am not a Rogers employee . Just a reg GEEK .

No need to fix , it will fix itself by the 21st of the month .
Or it can be that it is a PVR or just the Explorer box or a different model of Box in each outlet , try a new Boot or a back to Factory reset .
Re Booting it or plug unplug will not do it , redundant , it will have to take it's course Don't worry just be happy

I Plan to Stick Around

The issue will be fixed by Cisco by the 21st of the month , that is news from Cisco .

Concur ,the download new O.S. is coming from Cisco new server and it is inundated flooded by 3 million downloads uploads and can not handle it so they are doing it by regions one at a time , band width restrictions on cable or fiber optics cable restrictions .

It is a download and upload server on a nation wide server band width limitations , satellite cell wireless servers are exempt . Just be patient to get new technology on old infrastructure installations ha ha ,, je je je . .

North York will be finished by Wednesday , Scarborough will be next . North of HWY 9 Newmarket etc. next month .

It is not a Rogers Problem but CISCO BOX firmware update , it will take some time to go from Kit Kat To Lollipop as an example .

If you still getting some TV , that is a box firmware update problem you will not get a rebate , like Microsoft upgrade from 8.1 to Win. 10 ... as an example .

Toronto Downtown is done , Next is Forest Hill and Roxborough followed by North York and Thornhill , Mississauga will be done next month first week of March

It is a server upload delegation system , it will resolve as other boxes are updated , in the mean time just be patient and the problem will resolve itself .

Mostly Sport channels and HD channels are having a difficulty

Don't worry , just be happy . Everything will be all right .

No Need to do that , time will heal all problems , There is no sorrow on earth that heaven won't heal . Just be patient , we are working very diligently to upgrade your firmware and we are on top of it as we speak .

Nothing wrong with it , just enjoy it as is , when the new firmware update will download on your box the nextbox will display the time with a new navigat guide interface , just ignore the display for the time being ,

No need fix , it will resolve on it's own , just ignore the display code as long as you getting reception in the mean time , do not fix what is not broken ,

Do not reboot , will not help just wait until it resolves itself , 3 million boxes are at the same predicament ,

Nothing wrong to fix , everything works as usual on the old schedule , when the new navigate guide will download the code will revert to the present time showing on the display .

Do not do anything , teck support won't help , just ride the ship like riding the storm , it will be over in a few days . If you are not getting reception , then you can call support .

Good advise , but I go for shielded optic fiber instead , you can not surpass that , or go WI-FI with boosters , Blue -Tooth , or Sat-Nav direct and that will be very expensive . Most of the heavy transmission is already on Fibre Optics , it is from the Trunk to the house that you are getting the RG-45 cable also high rises with 1000 or more outlets coming in from the grid will require a amplifying boost for sure . Power Transmission lines also will reak havoc with their magnetic fields and interference like CB transmission channels on short wave .

Take a break and check it Monday after the weekend . It will be minus 20 C in some parts of the greater Toronto this weekend of Feb 12 2016

It is not a1 signal problem ,, the signal is fine , It is the servers on the upload side of the program that they are flooded with this big change , new program , new technology on old infrastructure . Don't blame the horse for the new carriage , or food , but only the sever ,

If you have a plan for teck-support it is free . But you don't need that either . it will resolve on it's own

Do not force a re start as it will erase the download in progres , just ride the storm over the weekend and see if it will resolve on it's own .

I Plan to Stick Around

One more week without cable? My bill will be small this round.