NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Hi all, try rebooting your NB3s from the service menu instead of pulling the power cord.  I have two NB3s.  One of them always gets updates normally without any issues and without me having to reboot it.  The other NB3 is always problematic.  Whenever I reboot it by unplugging the power cord, it never works, even if I do it multiple times.  However, if I reboot it from the service menu, it resolves the issue on the first attempt almost every time.  I have no idea why since either way of rebooting the box should accomplish exactly the same thing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NB3 #2 - Code Cd00 Permanently Displayed As Of Yesterday's Update - Even On New Box

Thank you so very much.

I rebooted from the menu and not only did this  fix my clock problem, but it also finished downloading the  new upgrade.

I am so pleased I do not have to phone support for help now.

Again sincere thanks.

To reboot from the menu; Go to Settings / Troubleshooting / Diagnostics / Reboot the box

Edited:

Info regarding "cdxx":

Cd00 is not an error code. It indicates that firmware is downloading and is currently at 0% progress.

As the firmware downloads, the display will change to Cd10, Cd50, CdXX where XX is the download progress percentage.

I Plan to Stick Around

How can you reboot from the service menu? None of the buttons do anything??

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anything work with this bunch?

I Plan to Stick Around

About 20 times to no avail.

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hello @Ottawa2,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have @pubby2 and yourself tried rebooting your boxes (Unplug power cord and plug back in after 10 seconds)? Please let us know if it's resolved or you are still having this problem. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

i started with cd00 but it is randomly scrolliing through cd01...cd10...cd40

I Plan to Stick Around

Go to Settings, click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

I Plan to Stick Around

@alanjohn1 wrote:

Go to Settings, click troubleshooting, click diagnostics, and then click reboot box.

Do not worry if it takes a long time to reboot.

The buttons on the remote do nothing. I pushed all of them. Nada.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure why.
Guess you will have to get a Rogers tech in or else try calling them.
Hope you get it sorted out.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You are getting no display, along with the error code on the front?

The box will not turn on? (even via the power on the front?)

If you have tried the reboot.. your BEST bet is to plug it in elsewhere.. likely the signal at that spot is not cutting it for getting the download.
Try another outlet in the house if you can. (closer to where it comes in if possible).   Or even, go to right where it comes in and try it there if you can (pretty much right after it comes into the hosue), to get the strongest signal.. and see if it gets past being able to download it.