NB 3.0 SHUTS OFF apparently due to some "ENERGY SAVING" feature (SINCE NAVIGATR "UPGRADE")

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

NB 3.0 SHUTS OFF apparently due to some "ENERGY SAVING" feature (SINCE NAVIGATR "UPGRADE")

NB 3.0

Interface "upgrade" (UNwelcome & CERTAINLY NOT requested (or even warned about)) on 12/19/15.

Besides having all the other issues, my NB 3.0 shuts off (I finally caught a message stating power-saving will start unless one hits okay) My TV remains on.

OTHER ISSUES include being unable to complete playlistS; "Undefined" VODs (all (even ROD)) after rebooting which may last for hours), etc. (Apparently these are "known issues" being worked on for months); etc.

I (nor phone support) can find anything relating to power-saving / energy-sparing anywhere.

A comment: I am VERY unhappy and disappointed with Rogers. I spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to enjoy VERY COSTLY entertainment.

Instead of focusing on what should be a relatively simple feature, they upgrade an already error-ridden (IMO) technical disaster with an even more NON - INTUITITIVE new interface (minus instructions) causing ADDITIONAL issues and no solution of the problems at hand.

MY QUESTION IS: how can I disable power saving / energy saving?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels*** 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: NB 3.0 SHUTS OFF apparently due to some "ENERGY SAVING" feature (SINCE NAVIGATR "UPGRADE")

Hi @YtanyaY,

Can you please try the following: 

- Press Settings 

- Go to System 

- Press OK 

- Scroll down to Power on keys 

- Choose "Power and others"

Please let me know if this works for you. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: NB 3.0 SHUTS OFF apparently due to some "ENERGY SAVING" feature (SINCE NAVIGATR "UPGRADE")

Thank you !

I have followed the steps you describe but wont know the result until tomorrow (today); problem being that the playlist does not complete ...

It used to remain on the VOD channel but with the upgrsde, the NB 3.0 powers off.

I hope this works and I will let you know!

Thank you again! and a Safe and Happy Holiday season to you!

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello again ,

Unfortunately it did not work and the NB 3.0 BOX shut off during the playlist.

What next?

Retired Moderator

Hi @YtanyaY,

I am sorry that the steps I posted earlier did not resolve the issue for you. I would suspect that the box must not have taken the firmware update correctly. Are you able to do a factory restore from the Settings > Troubleshooting menu to see if that fixes the issue? The downside of a restore is that it erases records and current settings but I've seen it work. Please let me know. I'd try the restore prior to recommending exchanging the box. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Senior Contributor

I have 2 movies "scheduled" to record (the new interface does not state the times and I don't have the time to go through the guide to see when the movies are playing. (BTW the VOD movies I put on the playlist stop playing and then after a time the BOX (only) powers off).

New interface also caused the "reminders" never to work.

I will try factory default after the movies are no longer on the "scheduled" "list".

I doubt it will work however because I do not know if it is a continuation of VOD playlists NOT completeing or the "new" interfae or a combo.

I really cannot understand why Rogers allowed the new software. It is HORRIBLE.

Thank you

P.E. I tis error every time I preview:

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again."

Retired Moderator

Hello @YtanyaY,

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know once you've tried the factory reset after watching your recorded content. 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello RogersHassam,

Haven't done it yet:

Question: I have a PVR extender. If I do the factory restore, what about the PVR-E?

Please advise!

Thank you

Retired Moderator

@YtanyaY,

From my understanding, once you do a factory restore on the box, the extender will most likely need to reformat so you would lose recordings on it as well. 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say that I find this "suggested" solution to be more a guess than actually something useful.  The problem is very real and very unwelcome.  You either know or you do not, but please don't suggest something as drastic as a hard reset of the box for something that was deliberately done by Rogers without anyone's consent.  Do you know or don't you?  Saying you do not know would be acceptable and appreciated, over "guessing".  

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats